Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-18-2021, 05:45 PM   #31
The_Turf_Monster

I’ve gotta imagine that belmont or aquadect are the two safest places to be out and in public in New York and Long Island, it’s always games with New York politicians
The_Turf_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2021, 09:10 PM   #32
notoday

Hope I am wrong . Nyra has had months for a plan to allow fans at Belmont The King Cuomo has opened the door and Nyra still has not announced its plans for Thursday. It makes me feel they will wait until May to start letting fans in again
notoday is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2021, 08:58 AM   #33
classhandicapper

Yesterday I heard from a fairly reliable source that there probably won't be any fans for at least a few days while they iron out the plans.

IMO, this should be a no brainer for the state.

The evidence indicates that one of the safest places you can be is outdoors in the fresh air and sun. There's plenty of room for spacing out back.

If they want to cap restaurants or bars inside that makes sense.

I heard the state may require a vaccination certificate or a recent test result like for Madison Square Garden and other arenas. IMO, test results make little sense. If I tested negative 3 days ago what does that have to do with today? A temperature check upon entry like doctor's offices and many restaurants do now would probably be more accurate than a 3 day old test result.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:49 PM   #34
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

When I had Covid, my temperature never rose. I showed no signs of any illness. So much for testing.

Open the GD gates and let those who want in.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:57 PM   #35
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

The important thing here is the Belmont stakes. NYRA's biggest day of the year, as far as attendance and handle. They're going to have to figure out just where they can safely put these fans and convince the state. Less than 50% attendance would be a severe blow to NYRA "making ends meet." IMO

Requiring a vaccine would surely help a 50% argument. In New York, the latest vaccination rate is 209,841 doses per day, on average. At this pace, it will take another 2 months to cover 75% of the population, according to Bloomberg. Not sure about the legality of requiring a vaccine to attend a NYRA track. Here in FL, it's illegal for a business to require a vaccine of its customers.
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2021, 04:37 PM   #36
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
When I had Covid, my temperature never rose. I showed no signs of any illness. So much for testing.

Open the GD gates and let those who want in.
I agree with that Tom, but Albany is not going to let that happen. U-No-hoo is still there.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:54 PM   #37
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
What made you get a test?

I know a few people that thought they had a very mild cold and wouldn't have thought anything of it except they lost their sense of taste and smell for a week or so.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 04-19-2021 at 05:55 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2021, 06:17 PM   #38
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I was in rehab - they tested everyone.
44 cases found. 5 sent to the hospital, none died.

Covid test was the worst part - cotton swab of your brainstem!!
Old 04-20-2021, 06:05 AM   #39
Richie

couple days away, no final word. Here in CT everything opening May 1, so how will NYRA make this harder than it should be?

I am fearing that you won't be able to bring anything into the picnic area, I hope that's not the case. Its not that hard at this point
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2021, 04:49 PM   #40
classhandicapper

I'm not sure when I'll be able to go to Belmont but Aqueduct looked nice yesterday when I took my 86 year old mother for her 2nd vaccination.

I have to say, they did an incredible job with vaccinations at Aqueduct. Everyone I know that got vaccinated there raved about how good a job they did. I had an appointment for myself, but then found an earlier one at one of the major drugstore chains. There was no comparison. Aqueduct was way more organized, quicker, provided wheelchairs for the elderly etc.. Whoever organized and ran that did a great job and put the facility to great use.

That's something I totally forgot about with Belmont. They are also doing vaccinations at Belmont. I haven't seen the setup there, but maybe that's one of the details being ironed out. It was mentioned in one of the NYRA releases. There's no way they are going to (or should) slow down or interrupt vaccinations just to allow fans in.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 04-21-2021 at 04:51 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2021, 04:01 PM   #41
classhandicapper

Open to fans Saturday with conditions.

https://www.nyra.com/belmont/news/%E...rs-on-saturday
Old 04-28-2021, 06:18 PM   #42
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Open to fans Saturday with conditions.

https://www.nyra.com/belmont/news/%E...rs-on-saturday
a damn disgrace
cant walk up and get a ticket
no coolers, covid excuse for no more coolers or outside beers or food allowed
masks outside, got to wear that mask, even though to get in you have to have the vaccine

wtf is going on
Old 04-28-2021, 06:19 PM   #43
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Looks like 20% and either vaccine or a negative COVID-19 test. No general admission just reserved Clubhouse.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:43 PM   #44
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
Looks like 20% and either vaccine or a negative COVID-19 test. No general admission just reserved Clubhouse.
I just received this from Belmont, sounds the same as the old days, do I believe this? Is this all true

ood Afternoon,

You can find this information on our website at https://www.nyra.com/belmont/visit/track-rules but I copied the cooler information below.

Coolers

Coolers are also permitted at our trackside Top of the Stretch Picnic area. Coolers will not be allowed in any other area at the track. Glass containers are not allowed anywhere in the park. As in the past, fans can bring in coolers containing cans or plastic bottles. All glass containers are prohibited.

· All coolers will be subject to search by NYRA security.

· No coolers of any kind will be permitted in the buildings, including all seating areas, or on the apron of the track.

Thank you,
Old 04-28-2021, 10:59 PM   #45
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You know, I deleted RR's question "Why are you glad you got vaccinated?...Who or what convinced you?" because I DIDN'T WANT THIS TO ****ING TURN INTO ANOTHER ****ING OFF-TOPIC DEBATE here in the racing section.

But I guess burnsy replied while I was deleting it, and all my good intentions went to waste.
Sorry , but I’d probably eat broken glass if it got me in the place
I’m hearing they are going up to 33% soon. Don’t quote me on that though . Just what I’m hearing.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: