Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-02-2020, 08:37 AM   #1
EagleEye Po
Journeyman

North American Takeout Rates and the Woodbine Winners Tax

Attached are takeout rates for most North American and some International Racetracks. The information was gleaned from the rate sheet provided by Woodbine, also attached. If you find any errors please let me know.

The charts also include the Woodbine Winners Tax. If you are not aware Woodbine's Canadian ADW monopoly (excluding Alberta where Xpressbet operates) HPI Bet increases the takeout rates on some US track's wagers creating a significant competitive disadvantage for all Canadians. I have guesstimated that Woodbine Tax scoops in the neighbourhood of $10 million a year from the pari-mutuel pools. These higher rates are noted on the charts in red.

Not surprisingly the Woodbine Winners Tax has resulted in a significant drop in pari-mutuel wagering by Canadians and is clearly detrimental to Horseplayers, but it has also negatively impacted Horsepeople groups and government tax coffers. To add insult to injury the people of Ontario subsidize the Ontario industry with over $200 million a year in public money, but yet Woodbine still feels entitled to throw their customers under the pari-mutuel wagering bus.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg US+Int Takeout Rates July 28,2020 jpeg.jpg (336.8 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg US SB HPI Takeout vs Host July 28, 2020.jpg (180.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Canada SB+TB Takeout Rates.jpg (234.0 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg HPI Takeouots July 28, 2020.jpg (381.3 KB, 39 views)
EagleEye Po is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2020, 04:31 PM   #2
AskinHaskin

OK, and, takeout at Inverness Raceway is

26.8% WPS

29.2% on exotics

Yet I suppose in your mind those people aren't included among all Canadians.

When you yourself list Canadian tracks leading the league with

34.3% takeout on trifectas, 30.5% takeout on exactas, 31.8% on Daily Doubles, and 26.8% on WPS, then why are you concerned about miniscule stuff relating to U.S. racing?

According to your data, you can have the lowest WPS takeout on the continent with Hastings and Century, or you can enjoy the still-untouched multi-race exotics takeouts of 11.99, 12, 14, and 15% at various U.S. venues.

So how about you cut to the chase and tell everybody that you are most upset by your own choices and preferences, and not by your options. (Those I've pointed out are precisely the same options known to U.S. players)
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2020, 05:09 PM   #3
Prytanis

Inverness? At least they have a very nice gulf course near by!
Old 08-03-2020, 06:55 PM   #4
dlivery

Well

How low will you go
dlivery is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2020, 09:20 PM   #5
cutchemist42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post

26.8% WPS

29.2% on exotics

34.3% takeout on trifectas, 30.5% takeout on exactas, 31.8% on Daily Doubles, and 26.8% on WPS, then why are you concerned about miniscule stuff relating to U.S. racing?

According to your data, you can have the lowest WPS takeout on the continent with Hastings and Century, or you can enjoy the still-untouched multi-race exotics takeouts of 11.99, 12, 14, and 15% at various U.S. venues.

So how about you cut to the chase and tell everybody that you are most upset by your own choices and preferences, and not by your options. (Those I've pointed out are precisely the same options known to U.S. players)
I'm not sure that's right though. I have takeout rates on hpi being a Manitoba resident that are much lower than the posted results on Equibase for those exotics you mentioned.
cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2020, 04:44 AM   #6
EagleEye Po
Journeyman

This is not my list. This is the list Woodbine creates. Inverness Raceway is not offered on HPI.
EagleEye Po is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2020, 12:16 PM   #7
Elliott Sidewater

question

At the Woodbine website, I see "Woodbine live takeout rates" . Are these rates reflective of an incentive for live play at the track? They're lower than the rates I get for off track play.....
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2020, 01:25 PM   #8
Elliott Sidewater

Never mind, it seems that Woodbine Entertainment Group has their own licensed off track betting sites and the lower rates are actually reflective of a small built in rebate.
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2020, 05:22 PM   #9
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post

26.8% WPS

29.2% on exotics

Considering that Inverness handles on average $700 per race, I don’t think that’s the track one would want to use for comparison purposes. The highest win pool in a race last Sunday was $201.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2020, 12:44 PM   #10
paulbenny

TAKEOUT CHART

Do you have this in excel? I am building a rebate chart, to net out what the rebates are from an ADW against the actual takeouts. Thanks for this either way. Paul.
paulbenny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: