Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 03-05-2014, 09:00 PM   #1
MeSlew
MeSlew

Slew's Fast Horses for Thurs., 03/06/2014

Hello All!

It has been quite a while since I've posted anything, but here we are in March and hopefully we will have some new Key Horses to work with as we go forward.

If you have been over to the website you'll know that I was off-line for quite a while with a system crash. It took me the better part of a week and a few days to recover. That is to say, new hardware, new OS, and too many hours of getting things back to where they should be. Still not quite there, but at least limping along while I get everything back to some sort of normal.

In the process, we missed our first winning Key Horse...March Reward...who won at Gulfstream Park on 3/2.

For Thursday, March 6, we have the following lineup of tracks and races:

Aqueduct - 4,9
Gulfstream - 2,8,9,10
SantaAnita - 2,4,5,7
Oaklawn - 4

We do also have a Key Horse:

English Class - GP (10) GP 02/08/14 # 9

This daughter of English Channel (Smart Strike) is running 2nd off the 8 month layoff for Brian Lynch, who ran this one on Feb. 8th, bringing this gal all the way south from Woodbine. Luis Contreras gets the call this time, having ridden her multiple times in the north country. And while the last win was some time ago, she looked interested late while getting bested by Kittens Point in her last race at a mile on the Gulfstream Park turf.

I find this choice of distances (7 1/2 furlongs) a bit interesting for this 2nd try in 8 months, especially coming off of a fast start last out, then a nice work on the 24th. You would think this gal wants the longer races, but in fact she has won at both 6F and 1 1/4 miles so there may be upside in this odd distance. Not many equine athletes know what to do with the in-between furlongs.

She does sit at the top of Slew's list for this race with Blues and Silvers, Elusive Fate and Free as a Bird also on the list. I would expect that Will to Shine gets to the front, but for first time Leparoux. I don't know if Julian will try to reserve her early of let her do her front running thing. If he does, she and her neighbor to the outside, Perfect Package, should provide good early pace and set things up for our second off the layoff girl.

Demand odds, but take a look either way and see if she shows N2X stuff. For this level, the field appears to be only semi-tough and she should make a decent showing.

Thankfully, Slew survived the crash and lives to fight another day. We'll try to get things aligned and then get cranked up for the fast approaching season!

Enjoy the Thursday racing...good luck and good 'capping!

Last edited by MeSlew; 03-05-2014 at 09:05 PM.
MeSlew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2014, 10:53 PM   #2
phattty

Was glad to see u back Sunday

Those fast races have helped in some difficult races over past 6 months

your efforts greatly appreciated
phattty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #3
MeSlew
MeSlew

Also greatly appreciated are your kind words.

Glad to be able to lend a hand!

Cheers...

Slew