Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
Overlay

Gay Rights With A Hitchcock Twist

Dr. Phil Snider, the pastor of Brentwood Christian Church in Springfield, Missouri, recently appeared before the city council when it was debating adoption of a gay-rights ordnance. His speech went as follows:

Good Evening.

My name is the Rev. Dr. Phil Snider. I was born and raised in Springfield, Missouri and I stand before you this evening in support of this ordinance. I worry about the future of our city. Any accurate reading of the Bible should make it clear that gay rights goes against the plain truth of the Word of God. As one preacher warns, Man, in overstepping the boundary lines that God has drawn by making special rights for gays and lesbians, has taken another step in the direction of inviting the Judgment of God upon our land.

This step of gay rights is but another stepping stone toward the immorality and lawlessness that will be characteristic of the Last Days. This ordinance represents a denial of all that we believe in and no one should force it on us. It's not that we don't care about homosexuals. But it's that our rights would be taken away and unchristian views will be forced upon us and our children, for we would be forced to go against our personal morals. Outside government agents are endeavoring to disturb God's Established Order. It is not in line with the Bible. Do not let people lead you astray.

The liberals leading this movement do not believe the Bible any longer but every good, substantial, Bible believing, intelligent orthodox Christian can read the Word of God and know what is happening is not of God, When you run into conflict with God's Established Order you have trouble. You do not produce harmony. You produce destruction and trouble and our city is in the greatest danger it has ever been in its history. The reason is we have gotten away from the Bible of our forefathers.

You see, the right of segregation . . . I'm sorry. Hold on. The Right of Segregation is clearly established by the Holy Scriptures both by precept and example.

I'm sorry. I've brought the wrong notes with me this evening. I've borrowed my argument from the wrong century. It turns out what I've been reading to you this whole time are direct quotes from White preachers from the 1950's and the 1960's all in support of racial segregation. All I have done is simply take out the words “racial integration” and substituted it with the phrase “gay rights”.

I guess the arguments I've been hearing around Springfield lately sound so similar to these that I got them confused.

I hope you will not make the same mistake.

I hope you will stand on the right side of history.

Thank you.

Here's a video link:

http://now.msn.com/rev-phil-snider-p...h-with-a-twist

Leaving aside the issue of whether civil rights and LGBT rights are analogous from a legal standpoint, I have to give the pastor credit for some clever oratory (or sophistry, depending on one's viewpoint).
Overlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
delayjf

Quote:
Leaving aside the issue of whether civil rights and LGBT rights are analogous from a legal standpoint
Odd, I don't recall the Bible stating that being black was immoral. Wonder how may skeletons are in this Ministers closet.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
Wagergirl

No,but it does speak about being unequally yoked. Which is how they twisted that into meaning don't marry outside your race, or your religious belief.

If you try you can make the bible support almost any arguement.
Wagergirl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: