Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-03-2014, 06:30 PM   #361
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
Tough talk means zip. What's telling to me is that you are somehow more enamored with the words of a president that got us into a war with Iraq for no sane reason rather than a president who never wanted to go to war with Iraq.
Another failed exercise in mind reading. I have said here many times that the Iraq invasion was a huge mistake. Bush did do the right thing about the Taliban, and that is what that quote is about. My point here was to contrast leadership styles, or the lack thereof. Mission accomplished.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #362
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Another failed exercise in mind reading. I have said here many times that the Iraq invasion was a huge mistake. Bush did do the right thing about the Taliban, and that is what that quote is about. My point here was to contrast leadership styles, or the lack thereof. Mission accomplished.
Your point is worthless.

IMO, of course.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #363
fast4522

Well RG, got to roll with Tom's post #349
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #364
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Why do the guys on the left always act as if Bush went alone on Iraq ?

17 countries were in on it and countless Democrats voted for it.

PA, break out that video
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2014, 07:03 PM   #365
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
countless Democrats voted for it.
Some of them voted for it before they voted against it.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #366
incoming

Quote:

PA, break out that video

I think a fair question to ask would be, if we had kept a small base in Iraq and stayed out of Afghanistan would ISIS even exist?
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2014, 07:17 PM   #367
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

PA, break out that video
You can't fix stupid.
Consider what we are dealing with.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #368
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming
I think a fair question to ask would be, if we had kept a small base in Iraq and stayed out of Afghanistan would ISIS even exist?
Clearly, Obama dropped the ball in Iraq.
I don't think he has finished screwing up Afghanistan yet.

ISIS is Obama's legacy. HE facilitated it, as Clinton facilitated Al Qeda.
Terrorism thrives when dems are in the WH.

Fact.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #369
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
I disagree that Bush had a competent team. Those goofs thought the army could breeze through Iraq and the war would be over in less than a year. By the end of his term, even Bush had lost all faith in the VP and his jolly band of neocons. How soon we forget what disaster Bush presided over both abroad and at home. If saw any of Bush's speeches during the last 6 months of his presidency, you saw a broken man. His was a wasted presidency.
Spoken by a true liberal. Nothing about his presidency was a disaster. Oh, but your liberal media far left wingers swore by it to insure they wouldn't fail again in getting a democrat elected. One like the disaster you stand by now.
Your characterization is of little merit, but coming from a true liberal, why would it?
Obama could walk up and spit in your face and you'd continue to support him. So why should we take anything you have to say regarding Obama, GWB, and the middle east with any relevance?
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #370
highnote

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embassy...tates,_Baghdad

Quote:
The Embassy of the United States of America in Baghdad is the diplomatic mission of United States of America in the Republic of Iraq. At 104 acres (42 ha), it is the largest and most expensive embassy in the world,... The embassy complex employs 15,000 people...
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #371
incoming

The Embassy of the United States of America in Baghdad is the diplomatic mission of United States of America in the Republic of Iraq. At 104 acres (42 ha), it is the largest and most expensive embassy in the world,... The embassy complex employs 15,000 people...

Iraq was stable before Obama took office, I don't the embassy was a big player in keeping the peace.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #372
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Clearly, Obama dropped the ball in Iraq.
I don't think he has finished screwing up Afghanistan yet.

ISIS is Obama's legacy. HE facilitated it, as Clinton facilitated Al Qeda.
Terrorism thrives when dems are in the WH.

Fact.
Not disputing the facts Tom, but Iraq insisted it would not grant blanket immunity for our men and women serving there. I cannot help but feel even Maliki viewed our President as someone to push around.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #373
highnote

Quote:
Iraq was stable before Obama took office, I don't the embassy was a big player in keeping the peace.

It's not like in the old days of Rome where you could go in a plunder a country and force it's citizens to pay taxes.

When Saddam Hussein was removed there was a giant vacuum. Now the fight is to find out who is going to take his place.

This was going to happen eventually. It's been going on for 2,000 years. Why should this time be different?
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #374
incoming

"The U.S. can not keep a presence in Iraq forever. How many foreign bases should the U.S. maintain? How much money should be spent to maintain all these bases and where does the money come from?"

I would argue that the size of the new embassy meant that the US had planned to stay. If you don't keep the area where the world's "life blood" exist(oil) the world will never be stable.

Remember this was all done after 911,

Last edited by incoming; 09-03-2014 at 08:09 PM.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #375
Mike at A+
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
Remember that when some right wing nut like the rancher in Nevada and his supporters decides to ignore officers of the law.
Your description of what happened in Missouri has not proven. What has happened since the death is that 2 officers have been dismissed from the force because they were openly racist. That seems to indicate the force had/has a problem and things may not be the way you want to believe. One of the problems I have with whole episode is the officer stopping him in the first place. In the past 30 years I have walked in the street a lot of times and seen at least 1,000 other people do it (including plenty of times with an officer watching) and not once have I seen the officer confront the walker, never ever. Jaywalking must be treated differently in Missouri than it is Lincoln and Omaha. I would like to know how many Whites this officer stopped for walking in the street.
So you are equating cows illegally grazing with a human being who could be hit by a car? And you say that two officers have been dismissed because they are "openly racist". How does that stack up against elected officials like Biden, Rangel, Clinton and 0bama being "openly racist" ON THE RECORD? Why do those Democrats get a pass for their blatantly racist statements and still get to keep THEIR jobs? Oh, and while I was in Saratoga a few weeks ago, I saw a black police officer confront a family of six white people attempting to jaywalk from their offsite parking spot to enter the track at the Union Avenue gate. Maybe the volume of traffic has more to do with it than any racial motives? Nah, that can't be it.
Mike at A+ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply