Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-03-2021, 01:20 PM   #1
Suff
Beat up 💪

Exclamation Gulfstream Pictures

I have random photos taken the last week. Regarding Saratoga, my flights and hotel booked, enthused about it, I've hit the nyra box office up 4 times already.

I'm staying at the Brentwood , it's on gridley street, almost like staying on track. It's Saratoga on high octane.

Today's a big race day , so photos for PA ambience
These are all yesterday. I have a bunch from Florida day I'll add later.

I met up with Lamboguy. We had a great time, I enjoyed myself, and felt like I made a friend. He was with a dozen other friends from Boston. All top notch city folks. I'm Really glad I tagged along. I met some cool people.

Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2021, 03:43 PM   #2
Suff
Beat up 💪

The Track was bumping.

Florida Derby

Old 04-03-2021, 03:54 PM   #3
Suff
Beat up 💪

Florida Derby Day

Old 04-04-2021, 12:59 PM   #4
westernmassbob

Suff thanks for all the pictures ! I usually go to Gulfstream every winter and stay in Sunny Isles but covid ruined it. Anyway I still might make it this year if everything works out. The motel you booked looks pretty decent and clean. Perfect location and you can catch a trolley from there to hit up downtown.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2021, 05:26 PM   #5
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
Suff thanks for all the pictures ! I usually go to Gulfstream every winter and stay in Sunny Isles but covid ruined it. Anyway I still might make it this year if everything works out. The motel you booked looks pretty decent and clean. Perfect location and you can catch a trolley from there to hit up downtown.
https://brentwood-hotel.com/
12 rooms, horses start coming by 4, 5 am. It used to be worn down, I've stayed there off/on. It was sold and fixed up. The Horseshoe bar is next door, live music , outdoors, mad+party place , so the brentwood is not good if you plan on sleeping a lot.

I took these after leaving GP. You go north on federal highway to 17th, take a right, go over the bridge, then bang a hard right hand U-turn back under the bridge. A little public park down here, mostly night fishermen.

I bring coffee & a blunt. Chill for an hour.

Old 04-04-2021, 05:35 PM   #6
Robert Fischer
clean money

Very nice pictures.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:50 PM   #7
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Very nice pictures.
Thanks , I'm secretly Barbara Suffingston.

Saratoga related just now watching Bloomberg Asia. CEO Hoshino being interviewed and said this;

Chief Executive Officer Yoshiharu Hoshino, whose family founded the business. The closely-held company has scouted locations and held discussions with real-estate developers and investors, he said. One ideal spot, in his view, could be Saratoga Springs, about a three-hour drive from New York City and Boston.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:54 AM   #8
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Very nice pictures.
Outstanding pics! Made me realize how much I miss Florida.
Old 04-06-2021, 02:25 PM   #9
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Outstanding pics! Made me realize how much I miss Florida.
You can't miss here. From Jacksonville to Miami, or from the panhandle to Naples, anyone can cut out an affordable life that works for them.

I'm in Dade/Broward, crime rate 3x national average, nonstop party, epic amounts of money, celebrity mecca, fishing, windsurf, tennis, boating , on and on down here. I love it.

I lost my Paco hat, so I bought another. I prefer the black embroidery, but they only had white. I want to cleanup something I said incorrectly. Jockeys don't get $10 for autographing memorabilia. The extra $10 you pay for autographing goes to the disabled jockey fund.

And yes, this is how Paco signs his name.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:40 PM   #10
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
You can't miss here. From Jacksonville to Miami, or from the panhandle to Naples, anyone can cut out an affordable life that works for them.

I'm in Dade/Broward, crime rate 3x national average, nonstop party, epic amounts of money, celebrity mecca, fishing, windsurf, tennis, boating , on and on down here. I love it.

I lost my Paco hat, so I bought another. I prefer the black embroidery, but they only had white. I want to cleanup something I said incorrectly. Jockeys don't get $10 for autographing memorabilia. The extra $10 you pay for autographing goes to the disabled jockey fund.

And yes, this is how Paco signs his name.

Good stuff.
I've dabbled in Fla. Girlfriend in N.Miami Dade/Little Haiti... lived/worked in Winter Park(Orlando area), lived worked in Daytona Beach.
Of course some visits to South Beach area.
Old 04-06-2021, 09:20 PM   #11
davew

very nice pictures. Do you have a license of some type at the track? I ask because some pictures look like in 'restricted' areas (but I suppose with zoom you could be a long away from what I see).
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2021, 10:55 PM   #12
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
very nice pictures. Do you have a license of some type at the track? I ask because some pictures look like in 'restricted' areas (but I suppose with zoom you could be a long away from what I see).
I'm Suffolk Downs bro! Kids from Floral Park highschool got nothing on me.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:12 PM   #13
Suff
Beat up 💪

I go enough that I'm face friendly with security. I always wear my mask, act responsible, respectful, and I smell like I belong there.

Floral Park HS abutts Belmont picnic area. Floral Park people act like it's their backyard. They nicknamed it Lawless Land. I heard a lot stories that remind me of my suffolk days when it was ours.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:55 PM   #14
Suff
Beat up 💪

I've always liked NY Racing. Ever since they started simulcasting at suffolk and the guy on the TV said Exacta. Up until then, I had only known it as a Perfecta.

We were driving down there soon after to check it out. And it was widely played at Suffolk and seen as a proving ground. If you could win in NY you were considered a good player.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:04 PM   #15
Suff
Beat up 💪

Very quiet at GP. A little more difficult to move around when I'm the only one moving up and down the apron.

Some randoms from today.

Breezeway bar

Temper your expectations if your going to Belmont or Saratoga. In so far as mobility, it's still a pain in the ass to move around.

Still no walking ring seating. Overkill imho.

Prettiest views of GP are from North barns

Its loosened enough I can get up here and get some horse.

3rd race. Never got more crowded.

Quiet on the apron

Top sellers in the gift shop.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: