Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 03-17-2021, 09:22 AM   #16
Johnny V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogo View Post
Sugar Ray flashed for the last 30 seconds of most rounds while doing almost nothing in the other 2:30. Hagler won that fight.
I agree that Hagler should have got the decision in that fight. Can't take nothing away from Leonard though. He had not fought in 3 years and had one fight in the previous 5 years. Hagler really screwed himself in that fight. He took money from Leonard to agree to have the fight go 12 rounds instead of 15 rounds. Another $50,00O from Leonard to fight with 10 oz gloves instead of 8 oz. gloves. A 15 round fight with 8 oz gloves and Hagler wins easily IMO.

Another thing was Hagler didn't want the judge from England because the Hagler camp figured he would favor a boxer type so they went for a Mexican judge. I think the proposed English judge's name was Gibbs or something. Anyway, this judge scoring the fight in the broadcast for the viewing audience over in England scored the fight for Hagler. The Mexican judge meanwhile had a lopsided ridiculous highly criticized score for Leonard. Hagler wins if they had kept that judge.
Johnny V is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2021, 09:37 AM   #17
lamboguy

the other fight that i thought got decided the wrong way was the Norton- Ali fight in Yankee Stadium. i was laying 2-1 on Ali and thought for sure i blew my money.. . i was at the fight and when they stuck Mohammed Ali's right hand up, i fainted from disbelief
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply