Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:52 PM   #8101
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
for Friday, December 11, 2020

247,000 cases

3000 deaths
for Saturday December 12,2020

220,000 new cases

2300 deaths
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2020, 11:59 PM   #8102
ElKabong

Quote:
for Saturday December 12,2020

220,000 new cases

2300 deaths
You can add my mother in law to that list. Nursing home called my wife today, we haven't been able to see her since April.

If any 84 yo can survive this thing, she can. A stroke left her mind scrambled unfortunately, but she's healthy as a horse.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2020, 01:16 AM   #8103
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
You can add my mother in law to that list. Nursing home called my wife today, we haven't been able to see her since April.

If any 84 yo can survive this thing, she can. A stroke left her mind scrambled unfortunately, but she's healthy as a horse.
i am very sorry that your grand mother got hit with this thing, i will pray for her tonight.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:35 AM   #8104
davew

Australia shot gives positive HIV test results

https://www.yahoo.com/news/australia...101249238.html
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2020, 04:26 AM   #8105
ElKabong

Quote:
i am very sorry that your grand mother got hit with this thing, i will pray for her tonight.
Mother in law, but thank you for the kind gesture. It was very kind of you

If she passes on, it's likely for the better. After her stroke she didn't recognize my wife half the time. She's just existing. Not the way we want to go but we never get the choice. That's life

But her body is still strong as an ox, shows no symptoms yet. No visitation is allowed so my wife, who has resigned herself to the fact she has few years left, is hoping she doesn't suffer

Speaking of the wife, she has covid symptoms, going back for another test since she can't teach on campus after running a fever w/o being tested. So am I. We are getting tested again Monday. All week we were dead tired, dry cough, piercing headache. Low grade fever for 36 hrs (but this time we can both taste and smell). Didn't accomplish a thing this week

We're fine. No alarm. Just really damn tired. If we test positive again I'll post back. I've read where it's very rare (2 positives, months apart)

As an aside, our church has decided to close live service until January. Not b/c of covid, but b/c a LOT of our folks have come down with sinus infections and colds. No flu yet. But since people are freaking out when someone coughs our Pastor made the decision.

Last edited by ElKabong; 12-13-2020 at 04:34 AM.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:02 AM   #8106
lamboguy

this is interesting about his years flu

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti...ritheflu/88676
Old 12-13-2020, 11:37 AM   #8107
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Australia shot gives positive HIV test results

https://www.yahoo.com/news/australia...101249238.html
The standard TB injection and the test for having had it (PPD) makes one forever positive to TB tests. IMMUNITY is the standard for both the vaccination and the test: can't have it both ways
Old 12-13-2020, 02:35 PM   #8108
classhandicapper

Quote:

My good friend's mother (over 90) and 3 members of her bridge club all got it (all over 80). My friend's mother was just released from the hospital. She is going to be fine. It looks like the other members will be also. The stats are worse for the elderly, but it's not an automatic death sentence.

I hope your mother in law recovers.
Old 12-13-2020, 02:54 PM   #8109
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

Sorry to hear-prayers for her.
Eye opening to be in here and see the desperation in some these folks and the total lack of caring, professionalism, and basic hygiene among the staff. My room mate is Earnest T. Bass, but he still deserves respect and dignity.

I have been taking photos, notes, and secretly taping staff on my phone. When I get, I going public with the stuff and already have a list of relatives to contact in person.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:05 PM   #8110
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
My good friend's mother (over 90) and 3 members of her bridge club all got it (all over 80). My friend's mother was just released from the hospital. She is going to be fine. It looks like the other members will be also. The stats are worse for the elderly, but it's not an automatic death sentence.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:02 PM   #8111
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
The standard TB injection and the test for having had it (PPD) makes one forever positive to TB tests. IMMUNITY is the standard for both the vaccination and the test: can't have it both ways
are you saying that version of corona vaccine also covers HIV?
Old 12-13-2020, 08:15 PM   #8112
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
are you saying that version of corona vaccine also covers HIV?
What a dumb thing to say.

Antibody related or cell mediated responses are the basis for immunity from a vaccination. Scientists find a cell protein and that SPECIFIC one is isolated and is what your new founded immunity is based upon.

Viruses are (on the whole) species specific and the surface proteins on each of them is unique: one vaccination will not work for another bug....Many vaccinations (tetanus being a very big one) do not effectively last more than 8 to 10 years, while many others offer lifetime immunity.

SPECIFICITY is the key
Old 12-13-2020, 08:16 PM   #8113
46zilzal
velocitician

Blood tests of previous exposure are based on a variety of cellular proteins SPECIFC to the bugs
Old 12-13-2020, 08:36 PM   #8114
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
What a dumb thing to say.

Antibody related or cell mediated responses are the basis for immunity from a vaccination. Scientists find a cell protein and that SPECIFIC one is isolated and is what your new founded immunity is based upon.

Viruses are (on the whole) species specific and the surface proteins on each of them is unique: one vaccination will not work for another bug....Many vaccinations (tetanus being a very big one) do not effectively last more than 8 to 10 years, while many others offer lifetime immunity.

SPECIFICITY is the key
I agree. Could you explain why a corona vaccine would cause some of those that took it test positive for HIV because of the shot?
Old 12-14-2020, 01:31 AM   #8115
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
One Exec manages a production team said they were hoping to bring online a new line that would triple production capacity sometime this month.
Hopefully then that means that higher capcity will serve to "un-do" Trump's mistake of not ordering enough for our nation and they may allow the U.S. to renegotiate a new amouont?

I imagine that Canada was one of the other nations leapfrogged ahead of us when they saw an opportunity to get doses which Trump foolishly turned down. But I'm glad to hear they will have their citizens vaccinated since we share a border.

The reason I bring this up is because you already know that any shortages will later be blamed on Biden, when it's been all over AP news and elsewhere this week about how Trump foolishly turned down gettting an adequate amount of the BioNtech/Pfizer vaccine for our nation.

100 million doses is not even close to enough, as that only vaccinate 50million people.

I think this might end up delaying our vaccination program, unfortunately.

Just want to put those reports here a a place-holder:

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/he...a-2dd78256ffcf

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news...ne/vi-BB1bQJ3e

https://news.yahoo.com/white-house-r...223400287.html

https://www.axios.com/pfizer-vaccine...00090c91a.html

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...-vaccine-offer

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/07/u...ne-pfizer.html
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply