Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:06 PM   #2536
lamboguy

https://americanmanganeseinc.com/ame...kpile-project/
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2021, 12:46 AM   #2537
lamboguy

LYSDY, just got $30 million from US department of defense to process rare earth's in Texas, the stock is expensive at $3.86, if i were to buy it i would be looking for $3.45 and then $3.04. stop out @ $2.70. if this thing is any good it will move this calendar year.
Old 02-05-2021, 06:29 AM   #2538
tbwinner

What's bad is the people that took flyers on OTM GME Options and were up huge. Some in the millions....now they are down to the thousands (back where they started)

What's worse is the ones that bought at $350 AND took loans out to do so. There was one guy who posted he borrowed 30K from his dental school line of credit...so F**KING STUPID

BUT ITS GOING TO 5K AND WE LIKE THE STOCK!
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2021, 06:47 AM   #2539
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
What's bad is the people that took flyers on OTM GME Options and were up huge. Some in the millions....now they are down to the thousands (back where they started)

What's worse is the ones that bought at $350 AND took loans out to do so. There was one guy who posted he borrowed 30K from his dental school line of credit...so F**KING STUPID

BUT ITS GOING TO 5K AND WE LIKE THE STOCK!
it taught me something as well. you have to be more than careful of what you go short with.

the option premiums were absorb. you could have sold naked calls on GME, but you needed DEEP DEEP pockets and a big set of balls.

i personally have been long 2 stocks way before the Wall Street Bets boys have stepped in.. one of them as much as 10 years ahead that i have been Mr. Wrong on, MUX. during the surge it went from .92 to 1.60 and back to $1.18 so far. but i am holding waiting for my day. the other one was AIM that i got into over a month ago that shot up yesterday.. i am still holding both. on MUX i probably wouldn't sell it if it got to $10, the other one i have no clue yet.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:49 AM   #2540
lamboguy

some guys just can't help themselves from being a thief

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/securi...curities-fraud
Old 02-08-2021, 06:07 PM   #2541
lamboguy

i don't have this

but if Alton Kelsey was still here, he would be pulling his hair right out of his scalp on this one. SFOR

when i was pumping this stock about 4 years ago, the stock was under a penny, now .29. of course,, Alton Kelsey was smarter than all of us and he probably loaded up on Apple, Tesla and Amazon, so SFOR didn't mean a thing to him .

on another note, AMY.V is still chugging along, up 30% today to $1.50. (the only reason that i still have this is because i have to remove the legend on it and it will take me probably another 3 weeks_. the only place i could find to do that was Cannacord, so i had to open an account with them and wait it out till the legend is removed. i have to hope that the stock holds price.

nothing else to report except that MUX remains a dirty dog for me.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:38 AM   #2542
lamboguy

Tesla announced they are putting $1.5 billion of their reserves into crypto currency's and not US bonds or CD's from major banks. so far they have not put any of their reserves into gold or silver... what would happen if some of these large company's start to follow the lead of Elon Musk and ditch worldwide currency's in favor of alternative assets. bitcoin was up over 10% since Tesla announced. they also announced that they will take payment for their coins with Bitcoin.. i guess the question is, once they get paid will they keep the payment in the form of Bitcoin or switch it into something else?

today AMY.V hit $1.89 and gave it up, to me it looks like it wants lower price from here. in my major them for 2021, protein, CALM had another great day. this company has paid up to a 10% dividend in the past.. other high dividend paying stocks could also be good bets in the theme of 2021.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:09 AM   #2543
lamboguy

MUX has a very large open interest in the May $3 calls, the August $2 calls have an open interest of 120,000 or 12 million shares. . this company has gotten barraged with bad news including this one, which looks awful!

McEwen Mining
Tue, February 9, 2021, 1:01 PM

TORONTO, Feb. 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- McEwen Mining Inc. (the “Company” or “McEwen”) (NYSE and TSX: MUX), reports that it has closed the previously announced registered direct offering of common shares for aggregate gross proceeds of US$31.5 million.

“I deeply regret being in a position where we had to finance at this price, a price well below what I believe to be our real value. However, the timing of this financing was critical for two key reasons: One, it completes the funding required to bring the Froome deposit into production later this year. Froome is our production bridge to the future growth of the Fox Complex, where we see potential for significantly higher gold production, lower cost per ounce and a much longer mine life; and Two, it strengthens our balance sheet and working capital position, which will help address our going concern note and debt covenants.
I do take some solace from the fact that there was big demand for the offering, of over $120 million, and this is an expression of confidence by investors in our company’s future,” said Rob McEwen, Chairman & Chief Owner.

Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. and Roth Capital Partners, LLC acted as exclusive co-placement agents for the Offering in the United States and internationally (except Canada).
Old 02-11-2021, 05:02 PM   #2544
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Tesla announced they are putting $1.5 billion of their reserves into crypto currency's and not US bonds or CD's from major banks. so far they have not put any of their reserves into gold or silver... what would happen if some of these large company's start to follow the lead of Elon Musk and ditch worldwide currency's in favor of alternative assets. bitcoin was up over 10% since Tesla announced. they also announced that they will take payment for their coins with Bitcoin.. i guess the question is, once they get paid will they keep the payment in the form of Bitcoin or switch it into something else?

today AMY.V hit $1.89 and gave it up, to me it looks like it wants lower price from here. in my major them for 2021, protein, CALM had another great day. this company has paid up to a 10% dividend in the past.. other high dividend paying stocks could also be good bets in the theme of 2021.
I read that Elon Musk asked if it's possible to change his company's financial statements over to Bitcoin. What sounds nutty today may be the accepted normal in five years. I wonder which brokers will be available on Mars.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:21 PM   #2545
lamboguy

the crypto world is above my pay scale. i have never participated in it.. my guess is the government's of the world will come after them at some point in time....behind the crypto's is block chain technology which i believe will live on, no matter what.

i had expected gold and silver to be performing the way Bitcoin has, so up till now i remain Mr. Wrong.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:47 PM   #2546
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
I read that Elon Musk asked if it's possible to change his company's financial statements over to Bitcoin. What sounds nutty today may be the accepted normal in five years. I wonder which brokers will be available on Mars.
not until there is some stability in Bitcoin - I do not feel a +/- 20% range in 1 week is very stabile.

do car prices move like that?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2021, 08:44 PM   #2547
Tape Reader

Sell the market. Sharp decline imminent.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2021, 11:24 PM   #2548
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
Sell the market. Sharp decline imminent.
I believe Cramer agrees with you. Or as he said, danger ahead.
Old 02-12-2021, 09:06 PM   #2549
lamboguy

silver looks pretty dam strong to me closing out the week over $27 the ounce.

its always better to be lucky that good. its going to take me at least 6 more weeks to get the legend removed from the stock that i have owned for 4 years from a private placement. AMY.V went from $1.12 up to $2.00 this week.. i would have sold at the low if i was allowed to. the stock still looks like a keg of dynamite and the company at some point of time should have a $1 billion market cap.

the other stocks that i am following all had inside weeks like MP and MUX, MUX had bad news and went up with volume. probably something good coming soon with all that call buying into August.
Old 02-13-2021, 09:58 AM   #2550
lamboguy

positive article for MUX

https://www.timminspress.com/news/lo...ming-to-expand

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: