Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 01-23-2021, 10:10 AM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Saturday, January 23

Meadowlands .20-cent pick-5

Race One:

I’m going to skip over the presumed favorite in this “Big M” opener and opt for a horse that I believe will be a long-shot. Yes, he’s coming from the Paterson Plank Rd., but I believe he can overcome his outside post. I’ve landed on 9 BECHER’S BROOK A. This 7-year-old Somebeachsomewhere-bred has a solid closing kick in a race that’s “loaded to the gills” with front-runners. If this Bettor’s Delight-bred can pick up some live cover? “George Nap” has a way of getting the best out of a horse. His over 10,000 wins proves it. Jeff Cullipher (Pollack Racing) is this Aussie-bred’s conditioner. Others: 5 SEEUINNASHVILLE A; 4 SADIQ HANOVER; 1 BETTERLATETHNNEVER.

Race Two:

I’ve decided on 8 TAIL HOOK. This Somebeachsomewhere 4-year old is admittedly coming from downtown Hasbrouck Heights; yet I believe, on his best, he can get his picture taken. This Artsplace-bred has faced better. The Illini, Marcus “You can come from anywhere (on a mile track)” Miller is in the bike for trainer Lisa Watson. Others: 9 QUAGMIRE BLUECHIP; 3 MARVALOUS ONE; 4 BIG CITY BUD

Race Three:

I’ve picked 8 RUGGIANO. This 9 YO Camluck-bred appears to prefer the wider expanses of the Meadowlands’ mile oval. His driver, “DD,” Dexter Dunn, has been hotter than Hastings, New Zealand on a February afternoon (They’re experiencing their summer “down under” in the Southern Hemisphere). Justin Sodano trains this Western Terror-bred. Others: 3 MCNULTY Z TAM; 9 NIALL HANOVER; 2 RUFO.

Race Four:

3 CHANGE STRIDE is my pick here. This Shaun Vallee-trainee appears to be “sitting on” a win. This race would appear to be his spot. This Rocknroll Hanover-bred picks up the driving services of Yannick Gingras. This New Zealand-bred should be on or near the lead. Others: 5 JUSTIN CREDIBLE; 10 WHITTAKER N; 8 SWAGASAURUSREX

Race Five:

2 SPORTS OBSESSION is my pick in this final leg of the .20-cent pick-5. This Sportswriter-bred has been campaigning across the Hudson at Yonkers Raceway. This Ontario-bred has had little to show for his efforts (he may have needed his last race). This 4 YO now switches to “the big track”; that may serve as a “wake-up call.” If he’s reasonably ready, he can prevail. This Bettor’s Delight-bred has certainly faced better at both Yonkers and The Meadowlands. This Hayworth Bluechip-bred has the driving services of the Ontario native, Scott Zeron. This Jimmy Nickerson-trainee now moves inside. I believe that enhances his chances of gracing the “Big M’s” winner’s circle. Others: 4 WARWEE UNIQUE; 5 INCREDIBLE SHARK; 6 CHIEF ALTAWICK.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2021, 05:51 PM   #2
Teach

Race Six:

1 ROCKIN THE ACES
4 LEAR SEELSTER
5 BLOOD LINE
10 PATERNITY SUIT A

Race Seven:

2 BICORNE HANOVER
9 JK WILDFIRE
8 QUICK FUN N
10 WESTERN HILL

Race Eight:

4 HEZA A REAL DIAMOND
1 BOILING OAR
8 LYONS STEEL
6 LACHIE MAGUIRE N

Race Nine:

9 GET LEGS
10 SWAN IN MOTION
3 DOUBLEACCOUNT
6 MCMATTERS

Race Ten:

10 VETTEL N
5 NO EASY DAY
4 DECISION DAY
3 WESTERN FAME

Race Eleven:

2 PASSA-GRILLE BEACH
6 JK WILL POWER
10 FLYINGEVENBETTOR N
4 SOHO WALLSTREET A

Race Twelve:

9 SAILBOAT HANOVER
2 FOX VALLEY NEMITZ
3 POKERFACE BLUECHIP
8 BRIGADOON

Race Thirteen:

7 TJ BLAST
4 ARQUE HANOVER
9 SMILEANDSAYCHEESE
5 IN A SINGLE BOUND

Race Fourteen:

5 SO SO DE VIE
1 HAYMITCH
2 FINAL JUSTICE
6 DULL ROAR
3 IDEAL SON

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply