Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 4.78 average.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:01 AM   #256
thaskalos

I present, for your viewing pleasure, the only announcer whose race call has brought a tear to my eye...and whose race calling skill has left me with my mouth wide open in astonishment.

The great Greg Miles, at the Melbourne Cup.

Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vWQ7oWt1tE
Old 04-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #257
Ocala Mike

That Turf Paradise call was priceless. Did I hear Fred Capposella in there?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #258
MickJ26

I think Frank did the right thing. War Academy was a big piece of the puzzle. If you're invested on War Academy, and most people were, you're going to want to know where he was.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #259
Stillriledup
Veteran

Can someone tell me if this is closing day at this place?
Old 05-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #260
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Can someone tell me if this is closing day at this place?
Yes, their website can. You could have already looked that up, but I'm sure you know that.

http://www.tampabaydowns.com/racing/...-calendar.aspx
Old 05-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #261
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Yes, their website can. You could have already looked that up, but I'm sure you know that.

http://www.tampabaydowns.com/racing/...-calendar.aspx
I dont bet their place, im just hoping to get "rid" of them on TVG as a prominent signal.

Thanks for your concern.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #262
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Ever notice on the biggest days at CharlesTown they ship in a caller?
I was gonna start a thread on this exact topic 2 weeks ago.....is Larry collmus really that good to kick out the regular announcer on the biggest night? I don't think I ever heard him mess up a race that bad at CT

i don't know but I would think if I was the CT callee of be furious if they called in somebody else on big nights....

Was wondering what Vic's take on this is......and maybe he did comment but I'm only a few pages in....this thread is must read material
Old 05-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #263
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
I was gonna start a thread on this exact topic 2 weeks ago.....is Larry collmus really that good to kick out the regular announcer on the biggest night? I don't think I ever heard him mess up a race that bad at CT

i don't know but I would think if I was the CT callee of be furious if they called in somebody else on big nights....

Was wondering what Vic's take on this is......and maybe he did comment but I'm only a few pages in....this thread is must read material
The CT regular caller is without a doubt the worst regular racetrack announcer I have ever heard.

And yes, Larry Collmus is really that good, especially compared to their regular guy. An analogy would be Derek Jeter versus a 10yo little leaguer, that's how wide the chasm is in ability between the regular CT announcer and Larry Collmus.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #264
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
...Derek Jeter ...
Chuck Knoblauch maybe.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 05-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #265
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Chuck Knoblauch maybe.
Steve Sax...
When Sax was with the Yankees, he somehow attained an extreme brain fart when having to make a routine throw from his second base position to first base.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #266
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:
The CT regular caller is without a doubt the worst regular racetrack announcer I have ever heard.

And yes, Larry Collmus is really that good, especially compared to their regular guy. An analogy would be Derek Jeter versus a 10yo little leaguer, that's how wide the chasm is in ability between the regular CT announcer and Larry Collmus.
Wow I didn't think he was that bad......

As for the dog races u can pull somebody out of the stands for that...here's a dig call.....

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere comes rusty....there off out for the lead it's 6 followed by the 3-2-7-1-8-5......on the outside it's 6 followed by 1-8-7-2-5-4 ....in the strech it's 1-8-6-4-3-2.....that's a dog call in a nutshell
Old 05-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #267
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:

Actually that's a bad analogy, the 10 year old little leaguer is CURRENTLY better.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #268
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I dont bet their place, im just hoping to get "rid" of them on TVG as a prominent signal.

Thanks for your concern.
I'm sure you could have found the info. Why you wanted it isn't really germane, is it?
Old 05-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #269
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I'm sure you could have found the info. Why you wanted it isn't really germane, is it?
Its easier to ask the geniuses here than to have to sift thru a website i've never been to.

No?
Old 05-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #270
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Actually that's a bad analogy, the 10 year old little leaguer is CURRENTLY better.
You should have seen the name I originally used...Willie Mays...but then I thought some wise ass would point out "not currently...lol"

And even after I changed it to an active player, I knew someone wouldn't disappoint me if I picked Jeter...congrats!
Closed Thread