Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,607
Im unbelievable, Big A got me again.

2nd time in 3 days i went "almost all" in a pick 6 at Aqueduct and got knocked out. I was 7 deep in race 6 and missed. I was 7 deep in a 9 horse field the other day and missed. Unbelievable.

Easy game if you know how....unfortunately, i dont know jack.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
shouldacoulda
Registered User
 
shouldacoulda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 1 hr away from Belmont
Posts: 890
Ouch! The 7th race was a bummer too. Too quick with the gate and the 8 wasn't set yet. Then he was going outside and changed back inside. Tried to cut out to an opening and pulled him back to the rail. Knocked out a bunch that singled him in the P4 and probably P6. Should be a carryover tomorrow.
__________________
This is not gambling. This is just taking advantage of an extraordinary business opportunity. Jay Trotter
shouldacoulda is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,607
My single just won, so i'm 5 deep in the last race for 7 consos.

I didnt learn my lesson from the other day and i got cute and tossed the rail horse out in the 3rd leg. Hopefully the consos will pay decent but there was a 1-5 shot in leg 2 so i cant imagine they're going to pay boatloads.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
shouldacoulda
Registered User
 
shouldacoulda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 1 hr away from Belmont
Posts: 890
At least you got something. Hard to believe it got hit with a $66 winner. The 8 in the 7th cost me the pick 3 but I had the exacta in the 9th (big whoop). I shouldn't complain, I could have got nothing.
__________________
This is not gambling. This is just taking advantage of an extraordinary business opportunity. Jay Trotter

Last edited by shouldacoulda; 01-19-2013 at 05:28 PM.
shouldacoulda is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
Stillriledup
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldacoulda
At least you got something. Hard to believe it got hit with a $66 winner. The 8 in the 7th cost me the pick 3 but I had the exacta in the 9th (big whoop). I shouldn't complain, I could have got nothing.
yeah, had 7 consos and hammered the late pick 3, so it wasnt a totally lost day.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
wisconsin
Registered User
 
wisconsin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mukwonago, WI
Posts: 2,748
Well, I was 6 deep in race 3 (outof 8) in the Los Al P4 last night. You can guess the rest. Brutal game, sometimes.
__________________
"I don't always frequent message boards, but when I do, I prefer PaceAdvantage."
wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin
Well, I was 6 deep in race 3 (outof 8) in the Los Al P4 last night. You can guess the rest. Brutal game, sometimes.
Its tough stuff for sure.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 21,019
today, Tampa gives away less than $170,000 in purses for the day and handles over $5,000,000. Aqueduct has about $450,000 in purses and handles close to $7,000,000. that handle has been dropping lately.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #9
MickJ26
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 862
It could be a 97 horse field and I could go 96 deep and still get beat by some 9000000-1 shot who hasn't won a race in years. If you're going that deep in a race, might as well just hit the all button. I've learned very hard lessons too many times.
MickJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #10
Stillriledup
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickJ26
It could be a 97 horse field and I could go 96 deep and still get beat by some 9000000-1 shot who hasn't won a race in years. If you're going that deep in a race, might as well just hit the all button. I've learned very hard lessons too many times.
I know what you're saying about going 'almost all' but it just comes down to price, its a lot more expensive to go all than it is to go almost all, you gotta have SOME sort of opinion, even if its eliminating one 30-1 shot. I just have to be better at not eliminating the wrong horse.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #11
letswastemoney
Registered User
 
letswastemoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickJ26
It could be a 97 horse field and I could go 96 deep and still get beat by some 9000000-1 shot who hasn't won a race in years. If you're going that deep in a race, might as well just hit the all button. I've learned very hard lessons too many times.
If you have to go that deep, just wait for a different race or a different sequence where you have more clear opinions.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2013, 05:11 AM   #12
Some_One
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,911
If you think a race is that wide open, doesn't that make the fav a negative ev play and actually worth leaving out?
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #13
sammy the sage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: central fla.
Posts: 4,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I know what you're saying about going 'almost all' but it just comes down to price, its a lot more expensive to go all than it is to go almost all, you gotta have SOME sort of opinion, even if its eliminating one 30-1 shot. I just have to be better at not eliminating the wrong horse.
Da'Tara...taught me THE lesson....knew Big Brown would NOT win the Belmont...was live to 50k-150k in pay-off's no matter who won...except OF COURSE the 50/1 shot...didn't bother to put a $20 or $50 win tix on him just to hedge or lock in small profit...OUCH
__________________
got handed a lemon...make lemonade....add sugar or brown sugar or stevia or my personal favorite....miracle fruit....google it...thank me later...
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #14
Stillriledup
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage
Da'Tara...taught me THE lesson....knew Big Brown would NOT win the Belmont...was live to 50k-150k in pay-off's no matter who won...except OF COURSE the 50/1 shot...didn't bother to put a $20 or $50 win tix on him just to hedge or lock in small profit...OUCH
Yikes! I know if i'm alive for that kind of cash, im putting the 20 (or 100) as the 'suicide prevention' wager even if i thought the horse had zero chance.

Sorry about that STS.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #15
thespaah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
today, Tampa gives away less than $170,000 in purses for the day and handles over $5,000,000. Aqueduct has about $450,000 in purses and handles close to $7,000,000. that handle has been dropping lately.
Hmm. I have Tampa's all sources handle for today, Sunday, Jan 20th at $3.35 million.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
preferred pick 5 type
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2021 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.