Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-20-2017, 11:14 PM   #16
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
As I just asked, I have never seen or heard of that feature on NYRA . So if its there , its very well and deliberately hidden
its likely only offered to the rebate players...ya know, its one of those perks us small players dont get
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 11:34 PM   #17
whisperlunch

This is mind blowing that this .40 cent ticket takes down that pic six and I guarantee that 99% of horse players have no clue to this uploading files on ADW accounts. I only know about it because of this forum. And I'm not sure what the hell it is. I have online accounts. I occasionally will play a pic 6, mostly pic4's & I never have structured a ticket like this. I've never thought to structure a ticket this way. I guess it shows I need to get out more.

The whole point of this was I really thought there was a scam or past posting

Unreal
whisperlunch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 11:35 PM   #18
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
Logistically, seems to be a challenge, unless using an automated s/w package that's spitting out and uploading the combos - and even then, I'd have to see the wagering logs to believe it, since the winning combo was so longshot heavy. You'd figure s/w would cluster more longshots in each leg.

IMHO, the only legitimate way a ticket like that is if some little old lady from Montauk is playing her grandkid's ages, or day of birth, or a phone number or something. The numbers were:

1-2-7-7-8-3/12

And then I don't believe it until I see those exact same numbers bet every day on that account for the past couple of years for a 40 cent ticket in the Rainbow Six.

And then, I still don't believe it.
The track ought to explain in detail to the fans what happened here...This is a perfect example of something that just BREEDS mistrust without a write-up...was this a lone ranger single bet or part of a massive bundle of low cost wagers...?

It makes a difference if some coordinated wagering technique is being implemented unbeknownst to public...no comments from the track is massively BAD Public Relations....

...I speculate that there is way for tote companies to perform some type of search function to know which combos are still not covered prior to post-time and then execute a wager punch list of still-remaining singles....but all this is just idle speculation....tote companies would not stoop to such tactics but maybe some employees might (if possible)...makes for good movie stuff...I doubt it happens in real life though....what do you think...?

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 08-20-2017 at 11:44 PM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 12:48 AM   #19
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
its likely only offered to the rebate players...ya know, its one of those perks us small players dont get

No, just laziness or some other poor reason. They certainly should have it

I have other accounts that have had it for years.

Nyra WAY behind the curve here.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 12:56 AM   #20
Pick6

Multiplying the win mutuels yields a $0.20 payoff of about $562,000. So, looking at it that way, he should not have been playing this specific combination until the pool got bigger.

If he figured the 2 big longshots for lower odds then it might make sense.

Writing software to (hopefully) get a unique winning ticket is not complex. It is based on assumptions of players' betting patterns, for example to get a big payoff players typically take middle-priced horses, or short prices with ALL for two races. I've done research on this, and when the pool gets reasonably large about 25% of combinations are not played around the sweet spot where the parlay payoff of the picks approximately equals the betting pool.

The ticket looks suspicious, but with chalk in the last 2 it is within the realm of a completely random pick.
Pick6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 01:54 AM   #21
Pick6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperlunch View Post
There were two horses eligible to take down the jackpot, No. 3 Miss Maserati, the 9-5 favorite and No. 14 Kassady Light, a 60-1 longshot, in the final race of Saturday's 12-race card.
Now, imagine if #14 had won. The theoretical win parlay would have paid about $13 million. I'm guessing that would have raised some flags.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:56 AM   #22
Poindexter

Regarding uploading files, I do it all the time on Twinspires. When your methods require 18 ticket or 45 tickets is a whole lot easier than punching in all the tickets, just program your methods into excel, excel fills in the tickets for you, convert to a csv file and you upload the program(and thus the tickets). Whether it can be done at Nyra, I have no idea.

I do not know why they even announce the size of winning tickets. Seriously, who plays just 1 pick 6 ticket. Especially a 40 cent ticket. Just off the top of my head here is how one could have come up with the winning play. Looking at the results and the winning ticket I will assume the winning player used leg 5 as a single and leg 6 as a double. There is a simple method where you can go 3x3x3x3 on 4 spreads. 9 tickets, with 1 horse in each of the 4 spreads. So basically said player could have gone 3x3x3x3x1x2 a $32.40 ticket for $3.60. The problem is that using this method you are only guaranteed 3 of the 4 spreads(or 5 of 6) should the ticket hit, which is generally worthless in the rainbow pick six, but should the ticket hit the single and double and the first 2 triples you are live to one of your horses at random in each of the two remaining races(depends which horse wins the first 2 races) for the six winners. Now I could be dead wrong about how the player played, but let's assume you do use the method I am talking about. If you were going to play a $3.60 stab at the rainbow six, singling a 1-1 shot, doubling another race, why not take 3 random longshots(and I mean LONGSHOTS) in the other 4 races. Cost you a whopping $3.60, and on that miracle day where you can connect 4 big longshots, chances are you mightl be paid for 5 anyhow and should the right random horse win the last 2 spreads you get this.

You can fool around with the said method and come up other methods, which requires even more 40 cent tickets. Point is unless we know all the tickets played everything is just speculation. Because racing loves to say that someone hit the big jackpot on a 40 cent ticket they feel that it is to their advantage to just announce that it was hit on a 40 cent tickets For all we know there were 200, 40 cent tickets(whatever method was used), which is only $80.

Thousands of dollars are invested in these rainbow six pools on 20 cent tickets. We have discussed before how an obvious pick 6 can provide great value at times. Why because so many are taking stabs on tickets like the winning ticket was. Someone took a stab, got lucky and hit big. It happens every so often.

No matter how the the player played, if you are shooting for the jackpot, you need to use horses that the public is not going to use. The method I talked about is just a very cheap way to do so.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 02:47 AM   #23
Pick6

With basic programming skills one can upload bets automatically to TVG or any other web site accepting bets.

And Excel would be a very poor platform to build a set of lone Pick 6 jackpot combinations. (macros excepted)

Last edited by Pick6; 08-21-2017 at 02:52 AM.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:51 AM   #24
iamt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
No, just laziness or some other poor reason. They certainly should have it

I have other accounts that have had it for years.

Nyra WAY behind the curve here.

https://nyrabets.com/#features

Efficient and easy to use wager pad
Watch replays and view stats on your favorite horses
Copy tickets quickly and easily
Exotic Wagers’ “Swap Position” feature
Mass-submit tickets in batch form
Customize display and navigation options
Personalized watch list of tracks & races
View betting history
iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 08:50 AM   #25
Andy Asaro

Believe it or not?

Bettor spends $10 to hit Rainbow 6 at Gulfstream for $259,000

http://www.drf.com/news/bettor-spend...fstream-259000

Excerpt:

According to officials at NYRA Bets, the winning ticket was purchased at Longshots, the simulcast facility at Aqueduct. A NYRA Bets spokesman said the winner, who remains anonymous, purchased three tickets, one for $6, a second for $3.60, and a third, which had the winning combination, for a mere 40 cents.

The Rainbow 6 had gone unsolved for 12 days. It was hit on July 27 for $436,076 and again for $20,000 the following afternoon.

Saturday’s winning sequence began with four longshots that included the $59 Lil B Quick in the eighth race, the $132.60 Alarcon in the ninth, and $39.80 Switched in race 10. The winning ticket was alive to two horses, the 9-5 Miss Maserati and 60-1 Kassady Light in the finale, with Miss Maserati leading throughout to register an easy victory.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 09:03 AM   #26
jms62
Veteran

Sounds like a small player who got extremely lucky with a lottery ticket.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #27
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperlunch View Post
I read it was hit online from a nyra account I believe. How is this not front page news ? .40 cents into hundreds of thousands

Why is the guy not interviewed or someone not looking into this? I know it just happened but Gulfstream needs to put out a statement. Below is copy and paste of only article I've found

20-cent Rainbow 6 jackpot was hit for $259,573.34 Saturday at Gulfstream Park with a 40-cent ticket.
The wager was made on a NYRA wagering account. The ticket: 1/2/7/7/8/3,14 = .40 cents. Yes, 40 cents
The popular multi-race wager went unsolved for 13 consecutive programs before the only ticket with the winning combination of 1-2-7-7-8-3 broke the jackpot.
The Rainbow 6 carryover jackpot is paid out only when there is a single unique ticket sold with all six winners. On days when there is no unique ticket sold, 70 percent of that day's pool goes back to those bettors holding tickets with the most winners while 30 percent is carried over to the jackpot pool.
There were two horses eligible to take down the jackpot, No. 3 Miss Maserati, the 9-5 favorite and No. 14 Kassady Light, a 60-1 longshot, in the final race of Saturday's 12-race card. Miss Maserati took over the lead out of the starting gate and drew off to score by open lengths to complete the winning Rainbow 6 ticket.
The Rainbow 6 had gone unsolved since July 27, when it was hit for a $436,076.38 jackpot.
Was it a Navarro horse that won the last?
Old 08-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #28
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Regarding uploading files, I do it all the time on Twinspires. When your methods require 18 ticket or 45 tickets is a whole lot easier than punching in all the tickets, just program your methods into excel, excel fills in the tickets for you, convert to a csv file and you upload the program(and thus the tickets). Whether it can be done at Nyra, I have no idea.

I do not know why they even announce the size of winning tickets. Seriously, who plays just 1 pick 6 ticket. Especially a 40 cent ticket. Just off the top of my head here is how one could have come up with the winning play. Looking at the results and the winning ticket I will assume the winning player used leg 5 as a single and leg 6 as a double. There is a simple method where you can go 3x3x3x3 on 4 spreads. 9 tickets, with 1 horse in each of the 4 spreads. So basically said player could have gone 3x3x3x3x1x2 a $32.40 ticket for $3.60. The problem is that using this method you are only guaranteed 3 of the 4 spreads(or 5 of 6) should the ticket hit, which is generally worthless in the rainbow pick six, but should the ticket hit the single and double and the first 2 triples you are live to one of your horses at random in each of the two remaining races(depends which horse wins the first 2 races) for the six winners. Now I could be dead wrong about how the player played, but let's assume you do use the method I am talking about. If you were going to play a $3.60 stab at the rainbow six, singling a 1-1 shot, doubling another race, why not take 3 random longshots(and I mean LONGSHOTS) in the other 4 races. Cost you a whopping $3.60, and on that miracle day where you can connect 4 big longshots, chances are you mightl be paid for 5 anyhow and should the right random horse win the last 2 spreads you get this.

You can fool around with the said method and come up other methods, which requires even more 40 cent tickets. Point is unless we know all the tickets played everything is just speculation. Because racing loves to say that someone hit the big jackpot on a 40 cent ticket they feel that it is to their advantage to just announce that it was hit on a 40 cent tickets For all we know there were 200, 40 cent tickets(whatever method was used), which is only $80.

Thousands of dollars are invested in these rainbow six pools on 20 cent tickets. We have discussed before how an obvious pick 6 can provide great value at times. Why because so many are taking stabs on tickets like the winning ticket was. Someone took a stab, got lucky and hit big. It happens every so often.

No matter how the the player played, if you are shooting for the jackpot, you need to use horses that the public is not going to use. The method I talked about is just a very cheap way to do so.
I must have missed class that day. can you lend me your homework and tell me how to up load files to twinspires. thanks

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 10:22 AM   #29
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Give me a break
Old 08-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #30
formula_2002
what an easy game.

this was my attempt 11 years ago.
it did work (at times)
perhaps i'll take another attempt, unless someone has an better way

see note 3 on the following thread for betting format

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...titandforgetit

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply