Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-19-2017, 11:41 PM   #61
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Yes...4 months ago you said something nice about Lady Eli. Mucho Mach Man was like 4 years ago.

The defense rests.
Who, exactly, are the star horses I have been missing?
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2017, 11:51 PM   #62
woodbinepmi

Looks to me that he has lost interest in running, after so many races they figure it out and put in a top effort when they want to. He still has his marbles, so that might be what's on his mind now.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:04 AM   #63
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Who, exactly, are the star horses I have been missing?
You think Saratoga is a dump, but avoided my question of when the last time you were there not once but twice. You crapped on Holy Bull's Travers. You want me to keep going?

Are you seriously acting like you don't have a big bias? Come on. I'm biased too, but I can admit it. You're ALWAYS anti anything east of California.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 12:18 AM   #64
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Looked like a short horse to me

He may get a nice bump out of this race
Old 08-20-2017, 12:24 AM   #65
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Arrogate was so disinterested for most of the race like his last, but he eventually showed a spark again even after he was led into the ass of another.

Not sure he is 100% back, but he ran well enough for serious consideration as the 6/5 chalk in the BC Classic.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 12:38 AM   #66
menifee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Man gun runner is really good, and feel a tad bit vindicated as I bet him all last year to no avail. While gun runner is legit he is being overvalued based on 3 straight candy trips completely loose on the lead. I would argue Collected had a much tougher trip then Gun Runner has had since the breeders cup. Collected has never lost on a fast track and has run plenty fast.
I also think it is pretty evident that Gun Runner's best distance is a mile and an eighth. A mile and a quarter may be too far.

What's troubling for me about Arrogate is how he has worked. His work before the San Diego was pretty bad. Then he worked pretty well, then he was goofy in his last work before this race. Here are the theories I've heard: Dubai, doesn't like Delmar, doesn't want to race anymore, undiagnosed medical issue, Baffert screwed him up by racing him in San Diego, etc.

My personal opinion is that he's just cycled out of form. It happens all the time to horses. 3500 claimers and G1 superstars.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 03:19 AM   #67
clocker7
Veteran

Quite a bit of courage, I think.
clocker7 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 07:27 AM   #68
dilanesp

Quote:
You think Saratoga is a dump, but avoided my question of when the last time you were there not once but twice. You crapped on Holy Bull's Travers. You want me to keep going?

Are you seriously acting like you don't have a big bias? Come on. I'm biased too, but I can admit it. You're ALWAYS anti anything east of California.
I don't need to go to a dump every year. I will go again when they tear it down and put up something modern and beautiful.

Why should I be a masochist?
Old 08-20-2017, 07:29 AM   #69
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Arrogate was so disinterested for most of the race like his last, but he eventually showed a spark again even after he was led into the ass of another.

Not sure he is 100% back, but he ran well enough for serious consideration as the 6/5 chalk in the BC Classic.
I agree with this. Arrogate went way wide and and only decided to run for 3/16th of a mile. Given that he ran a very good race.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:22 AM   #70
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
I agree with this. Arrogate went way wide and and only decided to run for 3/16th of a mile. Given that he ran a very good race.
Not when just 5 weeks ago he was one of the greatest ever and no horse could challenge him.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #71
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
I don't need to go to a dump every year. I will go again when they tear it down and put up something modern and beautiful.

Why should I be a masochist?
Now we're getting somewhere. I knew you hadn't been in awhile and were just doing the usual anti anything not California thing you do.

Still want to pretend you don't have an inferiority thing going?
Old 08-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #72
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Beyers for Pacific Classic

Collected-115
Arrogate- 114
Old 08-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #73
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Not when just 5 weeks ago he was one of the greatest ever and no horse could challenge him.
The Big A jinxed him.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:13 AM   #74
GMB@BP

Quote:
Beyers for Pacific Classic

Collected-115
Arrogate- 114
Thats about what I was thinking right after I saw the final time. I do think the track was a tick faster yesterday than previous days but anything in that 200 minute range was going to be a good figure.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 11:05 AM   #75
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee View Post

My personal opinion is that he's just cycled out of form. It happens all the time to horses. 3500 claimers and G1 superstars.
He definitely has lost his edge. The funny thing is reading that he ran a "good" race...........the last two races were terrible by Arrogates standards. He's wide, he's giving up ground, if you look at his head and face, he looks disinterested. He'll get a good number by running the race because he's fast, physically (appearances), he looked like one hot mess. That's why I love watching replays. He's the kind of horse that should beat those being about at 90% training tilt. He doesn't look the same, something is up with this horse. Betting those kind at 6-5 is a disaster. The wheels have not completely fallen off, but he needs a turn around and if he's not sick or hurt they are too heavily invested to stop racing him at this point. Very vulnerable at the price he offers on the board. Baffert gotta work some more magic. He should own this division by default if he were the same horse as a few months ago.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply