Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:10 AM   #1
Andy Asaro

The Official Del Mar Meet Thread. The Good-The Bad-The Ugly.

They dug up the surface. Banking is now 5 degrees instead of 4 1/2. When they dug it up they found some spots in the base that the tides had screwed up (likely the tides) and fixed.

Gotta be a much safer meet. The Animal Rights Crowd is ready to pounce.

https://www.change.org/p/lieutenant-...-no_src-no_msg

32,426 supporters
2,574 needed to reach 35,000

Gonna urge the Track to have a daily announcement asking people to sign a competing petition that hasn't been put up yet. This went out to the email list this morning.

Does anyone have the good sense to start a competing petition? Maybe like the CHRB, TOC, CTBA, the Tracks?????

How about making a few announcements on opening day at Del Mar and on TVG to go to a similar website to sign a competing petition?

In case you haven’t noticed there is an extreme lack of leadership in California Racing.

If you have a chance watch the replay of Arms Runner. Seems to have some serious ability.

https://www.dmtc.com/media/news

Del Mar News & Announcements
These announcements and Press Releases are updated frequently. For Stable Notes and other race-related news, you can read our Stable News.

Scratches and Changes

https://www.dmtc.com/racing/changes

Good luck Everyone.

Over/Under on the first Stewards Screw-up is 17 races.

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 07-17-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2017, 09:14 AM   #2
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Good stuff Andy. Del Mar doesn't get enough attention from me with Saratoga running but love this meet.

Just read some of the comments on that petition. Scary to say the least.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2017, 09:18 AM   #3
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Good stuff Andy. Del Mar doesn't get enough attention from me with Saratoga running but love this meet.

Just read some of the comments on that petition. Scary to say the least.
Gonna make an attempt to find out how many horses were euthanized in L.A. County and San Diego County during the same period as last years meet. And even though I am in a perpetual beef with the TOC portraying Owners as greedy, and heartless when it comes to why they run their horses really gets my back up.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:10 PM   #4
Andy Asaro

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 07-17-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:27 PM   #5
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
They dug up the surface. Banking is now 5 degrees instead of 4 1/2. When they dug it up they found some spots in the base that the tides had screwed up (likely the tides) and fixed.
The effects of underground tidal erosion has always greatly worried me at Delmar. Typically water finds a way to travel and if they have only recently located these I wonder how bad it really is.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #6
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
The effects of underground tidal erosion has always greatly worried me at Delmar. Typically water finds a way to travel and if they have only recently located these I wonder how bad it really is.
They found them before when they had synthetics. Both surfaces should be a couple feet higher than they are IMO.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:22 PM   #7
Andy Asaro

Oceanside Stakes Will Get Del Mar Meet Rolling

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...r-meet-rolling
Old 07-17-2017, 06:34 PM   #8
Jack950

Good luck AT DM this meet. Looking forward to it.
Jack950 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2017, 07:57 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You're getting a lot of mileage out of that Del Mar "10 days until opening day" picture...didn't someone from the BC get into a lot of trouble last year (or was it 2 years ago) for posting something similar...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2017, 08:24 PM   #10
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You're getting a lot of mileage out of that Del Mar "10 days until opening day" picture...didn't someone from the BC get into a lot of trouble last year (or was it 2 years ago) for posting something similar...
Yes, that's kinda why I keep putting it up. LOL

I noticed Del Mar had softened their sexy ads so I felt it was my duty to bring it back. That'll be the last one.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:46 PM   #11
betovernetcapper

They have an interesting feature this year in a shipping bonus. If you ship a horse to Dmr & run you automatically get $1500 and if the horse gets any part of the purse, you're rewarded with a 30% bonus. If that doesn't get them full fields, nothing will.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #12
Andy Asaro

Old 07-18-2017, 01:52 PM   #13
Andy Asaro

Old 07-18-2017, 04:23 PM   #14
keenang

Wink

Best Ad to ever hit this Topic.

Geno
keenang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2017, 04:49 PM   #15
BELMONT 6-6-09

I hope things go well with the racing surface at Del Mar and they have a successful meeting. They have the horse shortages to deal with and we have to accept this as the sign of the times with the game, this also includes the lack of quality racing for most of the racing cards. I guess the thing to do is to enjoy the beautiful surroundings as it beats Bowie racetrack in the middle of Winter as Andy Beyer used to say. Ha ha
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply