Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 08-01-2017, 01:45 AM   #91
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddaddy View Post
First I am far from being an expert and never claimed I was, those were your words not mine. If I was an expert I would have a front office job for some team which I dont or living the high life due to gambling gains which I am not.

I have followed the game intensely for well over a half of century as a hobby not as a gambling en devour. This may be very difficult for you to understand but I occasionally gamble only for entertainment purposes not the way most people here gamble. Believe it or not I can enjoy baseball immensely without betting on it.

I post sometimes in the baseball threads because I have knowledge and know and understand the game, my intention is never to put anyone in their place.

Regarding your challenge. You threw a challenge out a few years ago during the 2015 playoffs which I was willing to take you up on at the time but you mysteriously disappeared before a small wager could be made.

I dont know what type of challenge you have in mind now but dont expect it to be for big money because for one: I dont have big money, two: if I did have big money I would do other things with it and three: I wont be intimidated by you or anyone else who will correlate how much one knows by the amount one will bet.
Refresh my memory...what sort of bet was this that made me "disappear"? Looking at our respective post counts...I find it hard to believe that the one who pulled the "disappearing act" was I.

And I made no mention of any monetary wager at ALL...so, I don't know where you got the idea that I was trying to "intimidate" you into placing any sort of wager which would make you in any way "uncomfortable".

Let's just place some hypothetical baseball wagers out there, with no real monetary value attached at all. I'm not trying to take any money from you...all I want is to prove to you that YOU are the clueless one, when the two of us compare "baseball knowledge".

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-01-2017 at 01:55 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2017, 02:21 AM   #92
thaskalos

Just as I thought...

I found the thread with the supposed "wager" that you were talking about...and your closing comment to me there was that you had placed the wager at a worse price with someone else. You even said to me that you hoped I waited in placing my OWN bet...so I could have gotten a better price for myself. There was no real wager discussion between you and I...nor did I "disappear" for any length of time. In fact...I commented in that thread soon AFTER you stopped posting there.

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-01-2017 at 02:28 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:25 AM   #93
olddaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Refresh my memory...what sort of bet was this that made me "disappear"? Looking at our respective post counts...I find it hard to believe that the one who pulled the "disappearing act" was I.

And I made no mention of any monetary wager at ALL...so, I don't know where you got the idea that I was trying to "intimidate" you into placing any sort of wager which would make you in any way "uncomfortable".

Let's just place some hypothetical baseball wagers out there, with no real monetary value attached at all. I'm not trying to take any money from you...all I want is to prove to you that YOU are the clueless one, when the two of us compare "baseball knowledge".
This is what I was talking about in 2015.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...68#post1889768

You are getting quite chippy. I have no idea what I have ever posted to make you think I was clueless.

You mentioned that Ive probably made baseball bet selections in my time and then followed with "What would you say if I suggested that we put up some baseball-bet selections here until year's end...so we could see which one of us is really "clueless" about the game? Or is your baseball knowledge purely, "theoretical"...like those "experts" on SportsCenter?" Comments like that only mean one thing. And no you dont make me feel uncomfortable in any way, its just that you should know no one ever forces me to do anything I dont want to do.

Im game but I really dont know what type of challenge you have in mind. Personally I think games from here to playoffs are basically meaningless for the cubs and dodgers. I would never make series bets now without knowing the status of the teams players. What do you have in mind?

Last edited by olddaddy; 08-01-2017 at 02:27 AM.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2017, 02:33 AM   #94
thaskalos

Quote:
This is what I was talking about in 2015.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...68#post1889768

You are getting quite chippy. I have no idea what I have ever posted to make you think I was clueless.

You mentioned that Ive probably made baseball bet selections in my time and then followed with "What would you say if I suggested that we put up some baseball-bet selections here until year's end...so we could see which one of us is really "clueless" about the game? Or is your baseball knowledge purely, "theoretical"...like those "experts" on SportsCenter?" Comments like that only mean one thing. And no you dont make me feel uncomfortable in any way, its just that you should know no one ever forces me to do anything I dont want to do.

Im game but I really dont know what type of challenge you have in mind. Personally I think games from here to playoffs are basically meaningless for the cubs and dodgers. I would never make series bets now without knowing the status of the teams players. What do you have in mind?
Never mind...forget about the whole thing. There is a communication failure between us...and I lack the desire to explain things any further.

Let's just call the whole thing a "misunderstanding"...so we could end this, and go on our own way. Good night.

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-01-2017 at 02:35 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:38 AM   #95
olddaddy

Quote:
I found the thread with the supposed "wager" that you were talking about...and your closing comment to me there was that you had placed the wager at a worse price with someone else. You even said to me that you hoped I waited in placing my OWN bet...so I could have gotten a better price for myself. There was no real wager discussion between you and I...nor did I "disappear" for any length of time. In fact...I commented in that thread soon AFTER you stopped posting there.

You asked me if you wanted to bet, I told you I was getting +145 and would you be willing to give me that. Then before game time it dropped to +125, three hours after you solicited my bet. I knew at that point you werent going to give me +145 so I hoped you made your bet before the line changed so you got the better line. You next posted after game was over.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:41 AM   #96
olddaddy

Quote:
Never mind...forget about the whole thing. There is a communication failure between us...and I lack the desire to explain things any further.

Let's just call the whole thing a "misunderstanding"...so we could end this, and go on our own way. Good night.

Well we do agree on something, I feel the exact same way now. Good Night.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:44 AM   #97
thaskalos

Quote:
You asked me if you wanted to bet, I told you I was getting +145 and would you be willing to give me that. Then before game time it dropped to +125, three hours after you solicited my bet. I knew at that point you werent going to give me +145 so I hoped you made your bet before the line changed so you got the better line. You next posted after game was over.
And my "mysterious disappearance" was when I left the site for about 8 hours...and didn't see the bet-offer that you made?

Do you still remember which one of us won that bet?

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-01-2017 at 02:51 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:07 PM   #98
Valuist

Quote:
Your critique at the break was quite silly considering the cubs were basically injury free and in the worst division in baseball.

Pitching is most important in the playoffs and a team wont win it all without good pitching but that also doesnt mean a team with the best pitching will win. Luck comes majorly into play also. If the wahoos werent decimated by injuries you cubbie fans would still be talking about bartman, goats and black cats.

Way to early to see how far the cubbies will go but making the playoffs is a sure thing and always was.
Sorry, the worst division in MLB is NOT the NL Central, but NL (L)East. There's some hot garbage in that division. Pretty much everyone not residing in Washington.

Last edited by Valuist; 08-01-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2017, 01:39 PM   #99
olddaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
Sorry, the worst division in MLB is NOT the NL Central, but NL (L)East. There's some hot garbage in that division. Pretty much everyone not residing in Washington.

Yes you are correct, the rest of the east has fallen off the cliff.