Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 07-31-2017, 05:19 PM   #61
olddaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The Cubs have acquired catcher Alex Avila from Detroit. The person who traded Avila away from Detroit was Tigers GM Al Avila...who is Alex Avila's father. Business is business...

What are you trying to say? I hope you are saying that fathers are there to always take care of their children. If not you really dont have a clue.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2017, 05:31 PM   #62
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddaddy View Post
What are you trying to say? I hope you are saying that fathers are there to always take care of their children. If not you really dont have a clue.
You are right...I am clueless. I'd rather have my kid play for Detroit.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:45 PM   #63
olddaddy

Quote:
You are right...I am clueless. I'd rather have my kid play for Detroit.

Tell me what was your Business is Business comment all about?

Last edited by olddaddy; 07-31-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:50 PM   #64
olddaddy

Quote:
If the Cubs played the Dodgers in a 7-game series NOW...what sort of outcome would you predict?
NOW? LAD gets swept. With the cubs starting 4 and the dodgers without kershaw, its easy as pie.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:01 PM   #65
thaskalos

Quote:
NOW? LAD gets swept. With the cubs starting 4 and the dodgers without kershaw, its easy as pie.
And I am the one who doesn't have a clue...
Old 07-31-2017, 06:07 PM   #66
olddaddy

Quote:
And I am the one who doesn't have a clue...

You are very good at wiggling out of comments you make , you must be a politician. And yes you have proven you really dont have much of a clue regarding baseball.

Last edited by olddaddy; 07-31-2017 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:12 PM   #67
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
With the additions of Yu Darvish and Tony Watson, they appear to be all in. I wouldn稚 be so quick to dismiss the Dodgers, they have a scary lineup that just got a whole lot deeper today.

I would be willing to wager that Kershaw will be back before the playoffs, mind you he did miss two and a half months with a herniated back last season.

I知 not big on Darvish, bit this seems like a win-win trade. Rangers get an MLB-ready cost-controlled option who does nothing but hit, plus huge upside with Davis and Alexy. Dodgers get an ace-level starter for the playoffs and an inside shot at re-signing Darvish if they so desire. Seems about even.

I知 with Valuist, i love the lineup but they always seem to blow it in the playoffs, they are the San Jose Sharks of baseball.
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2017, 06:15 PM   #68
olddaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest View Post
With the additions of Yu Darvish and Tony Watson, they appear to be all in. I wouldn稚 be so quick to dismiss the Dodgers, they have a scary lineup that just got a whole lot deeper today.

I would be willing to wager that Kershaw will be back before the playoffs, mind you he did miss two and a half months with a herniated back last season.

I知 not big on Darvish, bit this seems like a win-win trade. Rangers get an MLB-ready cost-controlled option who does nothing but hit, plus huge upside with Davis and Alexy. Dodgers get an ace-level starter for the playoffs and an inside shot at re-signing Darvish if they so desire. Seems about even.

I知 with Valuist, i love the lineup but they always seem to blow it in the playoffs, they are the San Jose Sharks of baseball.

I never said LAD wouldnt compete with the cubbies in the playoffs. The question was how they would compete NOW. The cubs starters are at the top of their game NOW. The future? Too early to tell how it will all play out.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:31 PM   #69
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
I never said LAD wouldnt compete with the cubbies in the playoffs. The question was how they would compete NOW. The cubs starters are at the top of their game NOW. The future? Too early to tell how it will all play out.
Good point.
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2017, 06:50 PM   #70
thaskalos

Quote:
You are very good at wiggling out of comments you make , you must be a politician. And yes you have proven you really dont have much of a clue regarding baseball.
Yes, I have no clue about baseball...and you are the baseball EXPERT. You were favoring the Cubs over the Dodgers even BEFORE the All-Star game...when Kershaw was still healthy, and the Cubs couldn't hit the ball worth a lick. And now you say that you are talking about how the Cubs would compete against the Dodgers "NOW". And I am the one who wiggles out of my prior comments?

Or were you predicting the Kershaw injury?

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-31-2017 at 06:53 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2017, 06:52 PM   #71
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest View Post

Dismiss the DODGERS? Aren't they the NL favorites for the WS?
Old 07-31-2017, 07:08 PM   #72
thaskalos

Quote:
How WOULD the Dodgers compete with the Cubs, NOW? They'd be SWEPT? Is that the "expert" opinion?
Old 07-31-2017, 07:21 PM   #73
thaskalos

Quote:
Tell me what was your Business is Business comment all about?
I put a smiley face at the end of that comment...NO? Doesn't that mean that I was only kidding?
Old 07-31-2017, 07:23 PM   #74
olddaddy

Quote:
Yes, I have no clue about baseball...and you are the baseball EXPERT. You were favoring the Cubs over the Dodgers even BEFORE the All-Star game...when Kershaw was still healthy, and the Cubs couldn't hit the ball worth a lick. And now you say that you are talking about how the Cubs would compete against the Dodgers "NOW". And I am the one who wiggles out of my prior comments?

Or were you predicting the Kershaw injury?

I predicted nothing, I just understand the game much better than you. If you understand the game you cant right off the the world champs after half a season, when they are in the worst division in baseball, which you did. Regarding Kershaw I never predicted but if you understand injuries for baseball players a back injury is usually a death sentence and kershaw has a real back issue.

Here are some of your previous comments

Kershaw, Wood, McCarthy and Hill are a HUGE favorite over Lester, Arrieta, Hendricks and Quintana.

With the Dodgers featuring Kershaw, Wood, McCarthy and Hill...what the heck do the Cubs think they can accomplish with Quintana?

I am a Cub fan, but their starting pitching rotation doesn't scare anyone...and they aren't hitting the ball. As we say in Wrigleyville..."Wait 'til next year".

I have read your comments for years and you are very knowledgeable in horse racing but baseball not so much.

Food for thought, I am not good at horse racing so I just sit back and try to soak in as much as I can from the people that are.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:27 PM   #75
Valuist

Kershaw will be back long before the playoffs. ESPN cameras showed him throwing before last night's game. He wasn't on a mound, but he clearly wasn't just lobbing the ball, either.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply