Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 05-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #841
ldiatone

from the wash. post
Brooks Orpik’s $5.5 million cap hit for two more seasons is a strain on the team now that he’s 36 years old and played in a third-pairing role all season.

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2017, 06:23 PM   #842
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone View Post
Sorry cj mayb next year..(snicker snicker)
Unlikely, but I'll still be there cheering. Good luck to your Pens.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2017, 08:26 PM   #843
Greyfox

If it's any consolation for Ovechkin and Washington Capital fans such as cj, Russian officials revealed that Ovechkin was playing with a lower body injury against Pittsburgh incurred in the Toronto and again in the Penguins series.
Apparently he had knee and hamstring issues.
Ovie's wife Nastya shared a picture on a twitter account.
Check it out at:
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/05/12...-of-leg-injury
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2017, 11:12 PM   #844
MutuelClerk

Just imagine if the Sens had a coach who was worthy of a Jack Adams nominee how good they would/could be. It's a joke Boucher was neglected. Rooting Pens, love the Leafs but Boucher was screwed.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 11:10 AM   #845
Greyfox

Boucher is getting the most out of the Senators.
Their win last night was a huge upset over the Pens.
I think that they limited Crosby (Should he really be playing?), to one shot.
The "experts" panel agreed between periods that an Ottawa goal should be disallowed and it was.
I wasn't as convinced as they were.
But I've said before that small market teams have to do a bit more to win than large market teams.
I'm puling for Ottawa (and Anaheim), but I think that Pittsburgh still has the horses.
Oh, by the way, I thought it was ridiculous for the NHL to schedule Anaheim to play on Friday with just a day of rest since a hard series against Edmonton that ended on Wednesday.
Nashville had from Sunday night to Friday to get heal and get ready to play.
Eastern fans who are not that familiar with Ryan Getzlaff should pay attention to him.
He's a tree on skates and really is the core of the Anaheim Ducks.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:25 PM   #846
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
Just imagine if the Sens had a coach who was worthy of a Jack Adams nominee how good they would/could be. It's a joke Boucher was neglected. Rooting Pens, love the Leafs but Boucher was screwed.
The voting was done before the playoffs started.

What did the Sens do in the regular season that would warrant a Jack Adams nomination?

You know, like going from last place the year before to a playoff spot this season. Or taking a team with 9 rookies and making the playoffs.... something out of the ordinary.
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #847
anotherCAfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Oh, by the way, I thought it was ridiculous for the NHL to schedule Anaheim to play on Friday with just a day of rest since a hard series against Edmonton that ended on Wednesday.
Nashville had from Sunday night to Friday to get heal and get ready to play.
Glad to see someone outside of CA acknowledge this.

Nashville is going to sweep the Ducks, unfortunately. I will root for Ottawa if/when Anaheim is eliminated.
anotherCAfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2017, 01:53 PM   #848
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherCAfan View Post
Glad to see someone outside of CA acknowledge this.

Nashville is going to sweep the Ducks, unfortunately. I will root for Ottawa if/when Anaheim is eliminated.
I don't think that Nashville will sweep them.
Neither Anaheim or Edmonton could have possibly been ready to play that first game with such little rest and refocusing.
Tonight should see a better prepared Ducks team.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #849
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest View Post
The voting was done before the playoffs started.

What did the Sens do in the regular season that would warrant a Jack Adams nomination?

You know, like going from last place the year before to a playoff spot this season. Or taking a team with 9 rookies and making the playoffs.... something out of the ordinary.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, making the playoffs with a fairly medicore roster. I know when the voting was done. You keep harping on the nine rookies, that's fine. But who's roster would you rather have the Sens or the Leafs?

Babcock is a excellent coach but 33% of the " rookies " are outstanding players. Even with nine rookies the Leafs roster is better than the Sens. I just think the guy was horribly overlooked. I'm not a Sens fan at all. Also Hoofed don't forget a big part of that blue line includes Dion who has gotten tons better away from the spotlight in Toronto. While he was in Toronto we both took our fair share of shots at him. I guess we just disagree on the job Boucher has done.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:35 PM   #850
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Ummmmmmmmmmmm, making the playoffs with a fairly medicore roster. I know when the voting was done. You keep harping on the nine rookies, that's fine. But who's roster would you rather have the Sens or the Leafs?

Babcock is a excellent coach but 33% of the " rookies " are outstanding players. Even with nine rookies the Leafs roster is better than the Sens. I just think the guy was horribly overlooked. I'm not a Sens fan at all. Also Hoofed don't forget a big part of that blue line includes Dion who has gotten tons better away from the spotlight in Toronto. While he was in Toronto we both took our fair share of shots at him. I guess we just disagree on the job Boucher has done.
After the season was concluded, did you have Boucher as a candidate, or has the playoffs swayed your opinion?

You seem to think that i have it in for Boucher, but after the regular season was concluded, there was nothing that made me think that he deserved a nod.

I would rather have the Leafs forwards, and Ottawa’s defense to be honest, Ottawa has arguably the best defenseman in the league, as much as it pains me to say it.

Yes we have 9 talented rookies, but do you recall how they played defensively in the first two months of the season? And then as time passed, they became more and more responsible in their own end, why do you think that is?

Dion was miscast in Toronto, he is not a first pairing defenseman. They have him properly slotted on the second pairing in Ottawa. You can say the same thing about Kessel, he isn’t a top line forward that can carry a team, he is a complimentary scorer.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #851
MutuelClerk

I'm pretty sure I have a post here somewhere stating if the Sens make the playoffs Boucher should be coach of the year. I agree about having the Leaf forwards, Sens blue line and I'll take our Andersen over their Anderson.

Maybe it's one of those years where we have a lot of deserving candidates. Of those, I'll take Boucher. I agree Dion and for that sake even Phil were miscast. Those two are excellent players, maybe not the best leaders. And while they were in Toronto they were leading. Sadly leading us to nowhere. The inmates ran the asylum then. Definitely not the case now. That is the best thing that's has happened to our beloved Leafs. Leadership from the top. Protecting these talented rookies from the media, maybe themselves and whatever else lies on Yonge St...

I still think Foote could land at 17. If Hunter sees a player he really likes I see us moving up. I really wanna see what happens to Klim Kostin. He is still tumbling. Saw him two winters ago he was the best player on the ice. Two games, didn't think it was close.
Old 05-14-2017, 04:00 PM   #852
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Protecting these talented rookies from the media, maybe themselves and whatever else lies on Yonge St...
You mean Bay St.

Just as long as they don't draft a winger with the first round selection, it can be either a C-man or a D-man, but not another freakin winger.

Babs was asked what he would like this summer.... "a right-handed shooting defenseman who can play 25 minutes a night."
Old 05-14-2017, 05:33 PM   #853
MutuelClerk

Yonge St. Showing my age I guess. Haven't been to Toronto in quite awhile. I usually found trouble on Yonge St in those days. Great times though.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:30 PM   #854
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Yonge St. Showing my age I guess. Haven't been to Toronto in quite awhile. I usually found trouble on Yonge St in those days. Great times though.
You were thinking of Maple Leaf Gardens, a quick walk down Carlton and you were in the middle of the debauchery on Yonge Street.... the good ol’ days.

You can still find trouble on Yonge, but everything that made it great is now gone. The city as a whole has lost it’s character, nothing but condo’s and towers.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:43 PM   #855
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
I don't think that Nashville will sweep them.
Neither Anaheim or Edmonton could have possibly been ready to play that first game with such little rest and refocusing.
Tonight should see a better prepared Ducks team.
I rest my case,

Ducks 5- Predators 3

https://www.nhl.com/scores

Last edited by Greyfox; 05-14-2017 at 11:44 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: