Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 08-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #16
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
The biggest difference is one of them changed sports and might get called up in September as a gimmick. As far as football goes Tebow brings a dynamic on the field that I always found interesting. I don't believe Kaepernick on your team would cause viewership to decrease or fan interest in your team to plummet. Maybe viewership decreased because the Thursday match ups really suck. Maybe it's because the games take to freaking long. The only way i can really watch the NFL is Redzone. But, that's just me. Inane...
Okay, so you're latching on to one word that I used to describe YOUR POST, not you specifically. You should move past it, but it is certainly your right not to if that is what you wish. I still don't understand what Kaepernick has to do with a thread about an athlete doing something nice for a kid. As far as Tebow getting a callup goes, I'm not so sure that your right on this. It definitely would be gimmick as Tebow is clearly not ready for the Major Leagues. Team have to be aware of the impact that this can have on other players and Tebow's relationship with teammates. I would definitely say that he will move through the minors as sort of a money-making gimmick type of thing; more jersey sales at each stop along the way. I guess we will know in a couple of week's whether he gets that call up.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:34 PM   #17
MutuelClerk

Not latched on. Kidding. I like inane. It often fits. Like I said i rarely read the links they're too self serving. Often political. I'm sure Tebow has helped tons of kids. That's always a good thing. Athletes these days are too into themselves. If I threw this thread offline. Apologies. i know that rarely happens here...lol.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #18
kingfin66
Bombardier

No worries.