Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Pace Advantage Toga Party Part XII

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Toga Party 2014

I'm putting this message here as there is a better chance it will be seen by those who are thinking of making this year's PA gathering.

Unfortunately I need to let you know that the liklihood that I will be able to be there this summer to organize the event appears to be close to zero. Unfortunately I can also not explain why this is the case right now. Needless to say I am very disappointed about this as I have always enjoyed our gatherings and have had the opportunity to meet some really wonderful people, many of who I am happy to call friends.

As to what I can say, it appears that NYRA will not have ticket applications ready to go until at least the middle of March which is far later than usual. I have no idea how the proposed price increases will affect seating at Saratoga, but I will guess that it will likely rise along with admissions. Again though, I have no proof of that.

I have been in contact with Ted Craven about his group that has regularly joined us. I believe Ted still intends to do that again, but I will let him speak to that and what he plans to do. Regardless, I will make sure that he is able to get a ticket application as i should at least still get one in the mail.

Again, I am very sorry to have to make this announcement. It is possible that I still may be able to make a trip or two up there this summer, but because of the current situation I cannot commit to any specific time with the surity I need to be able to organize the event properly. The last thing I want to do is to mess up the vacation times for those of you who have come each year.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #2
Grits

Al, there aren't enough thank yous for all that you've done in years past.

Another is due. Thank you so much.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #3
RaceBookJoe

Praying that all is well on your end OTM and that nothing bad has come your way.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #4
Red Knave
dGnr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceBookJoe
Praying that all is well on your end OTM and that nothing bad has come your way.
I echo this sentiment and also add my sincere Thank Yous to the others here.

Wishing you the best.

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974
Old 02-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #5
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Although late to the partie(s) meself, thanks for all your inspiration and kindness for this yearly affair!
Old 02-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #6
badcompany

Sorry to hear that, Al.

Hope everything works out well, for you.

― Thomas Sowell
Old 02-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #7
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Thanks all. I can tell you I am well and it isn't a family problem or anything like that. It's just at this time it wouldn't be right for me to discuss why in this sort of forum. Trust me when I say if I did explain to you all you would get it. I'm still hoping I'll get a chance to see you all this summer and that could still happen. It's just that I don't know with enough certainty that I will be able to be there and I don't want others to make plans that fall through because I don't come through.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:10 PM   #8
lamboguy

i hope everything works out well for you Al
Old 04-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

After 11 straight years, I think I'm going to forego a formal Toga Party this year. I myself am not able to commit to any firm dates in August as of now, and orders for tickets should have already been sent out.

Therefore, I'm going to play it by ear as to when I will be able to get up there, if at all.

I know Ted Craven has already put an order in for the traditional Alabama week, so his group will be there. Over the past few years, our two groups have commingled nicely, so if anyone is planning on going up there during that week, you're bound to run into a bunch of PAers as well as Pace and Cap/RDSS guys and gals hanging around the Festival Tent.

I apologize for not being able to commit to anything concrete this year.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:30 PM   #10
Ted Craven

Wow, I missed this thread from mid-February!

I did place an order for Festival Tent Tables today to cover the folks I normally expect from Pace&Cap, for Friday August 15 - Sunday August 17.

If anyone here wants to say they plan to be there on those 3 days, I'll take a measure by the end of this weekend and then call NYRA to see if I can bump up my order to get more space for folks here.

Costs - buy me a beer, or let's see how well I do between now and then ...

Al - thanks for helping me get organized again this year. Mum says 'say it ain't so ...' Mike - if you show up, we'll find a lawn chair or something for you!

cheers,

Ted

Old 04-15-2014, 12:30 PM   #11
Ted Craven

An update on this:

I contacted NYRA Group Sales and obtained several more tables to accommodate PA members, so there should be room for the usual crowd of both Pace&Cap and PaceAdvantage members.

We'll have tables Thursday - Sunday, August 14 - 17. I couldn't get additional tables for Friday (sold out) but we'll try to accommodate folks as much as possible.

The past several years, it has been pretty much a merged group anyway. I asked Mike (PA) to set up a 2014 Toga Party Forum in the usual Events location below, so folks know it's still happening.

See you all there!

Ted

Old 04-17-2014, 12:45 AM   #12
thespaah

I've been looking for a thread on this years 'Toga Party. This is the first i've seen of it..
First. Al, I hope all is well.
Next, since I became a member here the timing of my vacation has not as of yet allowed my to attend the 'Toga Party. I hope to make it this year and get to meet some of the PA Members.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #13
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Me as well. I usually make it up to Saratoga every year, but it's a loose schedule based on other commitments as summer is my busy season in my professional career. I hope to be able to make it during the Toga party and meet everyone there. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:17 PM   #14
badcompany

Barring the unexpected, I should be there for a good chunk of the Alabama week. I should be at the Flat track Fri & Sat and of course at the Racino for night time action.

― Thomas Sowell
Old 05-24-2014, 07:34 AM   #15
tanner12oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven
An update on this:

I contacted NYRA Group Sales and obtained several more tables to accommodate PA members, so there should be room for the usual crowd of both Pace&Cap and PaceAdvantage members.

We'll have tables Thursday - Sunday, August 14 - 17. I couldn't get additional tables for Friday (sold out) but we'll try to accommodate folks as much as possible.

The past several years, it has been pretty much a merged group anyway. I asked Mike (PA) to set up a 2014 Toga Party Forum in the usual Events location below, so folks know it's still happening.

See you all there!

Ted
I'm in the lottery for grandstand on those same dates...no word on if I got them or not

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: