Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:06 PM   #2776
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I now wonder whether or not Mrs. Clinton will show up for any of the debates. There appears to be a very real chance she will have an "episode" during the heated stress of the debate. Does her campaign want to risk something like that?
Is the alternative to back out? Roll the dice? This is so crazy (the circumstances).
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 05:07 PM   #2777
Grits

Quote:
I now wonder whether or not Mrs. Clinton will show up for any of the debates. There appears to be a very real chance she will have an "episode" during the heated stress of the debate. Does her campaign want to risk something like that?

Remember when she disappeared for a significant amount of time during one of the primary debates? Brings that whole episode into new light.

She's in big trouble.
Big trouble, indeed. Here's another thought.... Has this woman ever suffered with panic attacks? If so, is she on Clonipin? Because, this one's real heavy duty, and, gentlemen, we're all screwed, if this is the case. I'm told such attacks can be terribly disabling. One of my friends has them, though, I've never seen her episodes. (She talks about it all the time. Me? I just wanna tell her, "Learn to cope! Damn!")

Like you, Mike, I don't want her to be sick, but too, this is way serious stuff. My .02 on Hillary's ailments. I better hush now.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 05:11 PM   #2778
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Is the alternative to back out? Roll the dice? This is so crazy (the circumstances).
My thinking is that Camp Clinton feels what Donald Trump has stated about himself publicly. That she COULD shoot someone on 5th avenue and still win. Or, more accurately, she could slip into a coma tomorrow and still win in November (please note I am not advocating this nor would I wish this on anybody including her, I'm merely using an extreme example).

So, I'm sure she'll show up for the debates. These people continue to act as if she's invincible and that you'd have to be crazy or subhuman to vote for Trump. This is how they actually think and feel, as do most of her fervent supporters here on this board.

So they will continue to deny, deny, deny that there is any problem, and hope for the best. She'll probably be doped up to the hilt for the debates to make sure nothing goes wrong, which could prove interesting in and of itself.

Better check for ear pieces too...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 05:13 PM   #2779
Clocker

Quote:
If she skips even one debate, the vast right-wing conspiracy will use it as evidence that she is not healthy enough to run the government for 4 years.

Assuming she does debate, will she be able to sit down? Will she have her personal physician standing by with the Diazepam auto-injection pen for seizures? Will he be able to come on stage and talk her through a freeze-up as he did before? What if she has another coughing fit on stage? What if she overheats or needs a potty break?

Some Dems are already making noises objecting to Chris Wallace as a moderator because of his connection with the sexist management at Fox. If Hillary's campaign is going to do anything, their best bet is to blow up the debates with arguments and objections about the rules and the moderators, and make demands that Trump will never agree to, and refuse to negotiate on anything that Trump wants. She has some real weasels on her side who know how to play that game.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:15 PM   #2780
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
So, I'm sure she'll show up for the debates. These people continue to act as if she's invincible and that you'd have to be crazy or subhuman to vote for Trump. This is how they actually think and feel, as do most of her fervent supporters here on this board.
Not trying to be argumentative, but who are "these people?" I don't think Robby Mook or any of the Clinton campaign leadership take Trump lightly anymore. I really don't. Heck, even our own H4C seemed to concede Trump could win a few days ago.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:20 PM   #2781
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Not trying to be argumentative, but who are "these people?" I don't think Robby Mook or any of the Clinton campaign leadership take Trump lightly anymore. I really don't. Heck, even our own H4C seemed to concede Trump could win a few days ago.
These people are a reference to her handlers.

If you don't think they take Trump lightly anymore, how did they allow her to mumble the "deplorables" comment? That's a perfect example of what I am saying here.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:21 PM   #2782
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker

Some Dems are already making noises objecting to Chris Wallace as a moderator because of his connection with the sexist management at Fox..
There are some real clowns on Fox and other networks for that matter, but Chris Wallace isn't one of them. If NBC News had a clue, they would have hired him for Meet the Press. Remember, MTP, the program ruined by David Gregory and now Chuck Todd? Wallace hammers Dems and Reps alike. He's well prepared and tough, much like the late/great Tim Russert.

I'm sure the Dems don't want well prepared and tough.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:26 PM   #2783
Clocker

Another left wing media pivot away from the vast right-wing conspiracy.

All you obsessive conspiracy theorists have been vindicated.

Quote:
Hillary Clinton’s health – long the obsession of conspiracy theorists – emerged Sunday as a legitimate campaign issue after Clinton nearly swooned and stumbled at a Sept. 11 commemoration, underscoring the sense that that summer’s sure-thing candidate is teetering at the worst possible moment.

Old 09-11-2016, 05:26 PM   #2784
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
These people are a reference to her handlers.

If you don't think they take Trump lightly anymore, how did they allow her to mumble the "deplorables" comment? That's a perfect example of what I am saying here.
That was a stupid, stupid comment. I'm sure she believes it, but she's already tried to walk it back. I really think Team Clinton takes Trump seriously at this point. At the same time, they can't believe they're having to take him seriously!
Old 09-11-2016, 05:27 PM   #2785
davew

Quote:
She looks catatonic....of course, mostie will come on here and raise some question as to whether or not this was actually video of Hillary Clinton, because we can't see her face.
That was not Hilary, it was the robot 'double' whose battery ran low. Nothing to see here, move along.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 05:28 PM   #2786
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

By the time they and others shake their heads violently enough to rid themselves of the false notion that "Trump can't win...he isn't a serious candidate...who would vote for this guy?"

it might be too late.

I would call it a bad case of "Ivory Tower Syndrome," added to the long list of whatever other syndromes she may be suffering from at any given moment.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #2787
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
That was not Hilary, it was the robot 'double' whose battery ran low. Nothing to see here, move along.
You might be right, because that's exactly what it looked like. A robot whose battery went dead.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #2788
Greyfox

Diagnosed with pneumonia!
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 05:31 PM   #2789
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
By the time they and others shake their heads violently enough to rid themselves of the false notion that "Trump can't win...he isn't a serious candidate...who would vote for this guy?"

it might be too late.

I would call it a bad case of "Ivory Tower Syndrome," added to the long list of whatever other syndromes she may be suffering from at any given moment.
Mook sent out an email a few days ago that certainly seemed to take Trump seriously. I guess you could say he was just trying to stir up the donor base. That might have been part of it, but I think he gets it. And I think Hillary listens to him ... very carefully.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:31 PM   #2790
Grits

Clocker, Lord, that's cold. That's brutal. These people are so mean.

....Teetering at the worst possible moment.

EDIT to add.

At least they didn't say, "she was dragged into the van."

Last edited by Grits; 09-11-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply