Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:38 PM   #946
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Clocker...some of the poster's here don't know what a "Green" card is and how it works...but pretty sure you and your sources are correct....many illegals were actually legal for a brief moment in time...
Fully aware of what Clocker posted.....
It was a play on words in my reply.
But if you wish to get all technical, maybe the screwed up government should keep track of people here "temporarily legal" on a visa and when they are coming up for time.....
Better for ya ???
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2018, 11:49 PM   #947
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
But if you wish to get all technical, maybe the screwed up government should keep track of people here "temporarily legal" on a visa and when they are coming up for time.....
Better for ya ???

People in a bureaucracy do what they are rewarded for. People at ICE are not rewarded for keeping track of people here "temporarily legal" on a visa. Until that becomes an official goal, nothing will be done about it.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:59 PM   #948
fast4522

Here is drugs headed over the wall, soon enough the mule and everyone else will think its just drugs. When that happens everyone will do something about it, it just depends how bad the hit is we take.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hqdefault.jpg (17.6 KB, 8 views)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2018, 08:32 AM   #949
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Fully aware of what Clocker posted.....
It was a play on words in my reply.
Better for ya ???
Not a bad idea....IMHO....it's a BETTER idea than building a wall...after all...we're ALL being big brother'ed already...Why not them...

By the way if we build a wall...Ocean traffic going to go up 10x...will need more coast guard...ETC...they'll just go around the wall...
Old 12-14-2018, 08:41 AM   #950
delayjf

Quote:
By the way if we build a wall...Ocean traffic going to go up 10x...will need more coast guard...ETC...they'll just go around the wall...
Easier to track.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2018, 09:31 AM   #951
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
If you come in on a tourist visa or a green card, it is a lot easier to get a decent job and blend into society (and take "American jobs") than if you walk in across the desert border with the clothes on your back and a couple of jugs of water.

Which should we be more concerned about?
People with tourist visas are NOT allowed to work and can only be in the country for 180 days in a calendar year.Green cards are for permanent residents and are good for 10 years and have to be renewed.After 5 years people holding green cards can apply for citizenship.People with green cards can work right away and do not need to "blend in".And ironically people can lose their green cards if they stay out of the United States for a period of time (IIRC, it's a full calendar year although exceptions are granted for different situations).Student visas are trickier as people are allowed employment but must maintain their student status during that time.The tourist and student visas are the ones that people overstay on;anybody who overstays their green card only has themselves to blame since it's the same as renewing your driver's license;pay a fee and get your picture taken.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #952
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Here is drugs headed over the wall, soon enough the mule and everyone else will think its just drugs. When that happens everyone will do something about it, it just depends how bad the hit is we take.
The USA has taken and given out many worse 'hits' yet still sat at the Potsdam Conference.

I wouldn't be too quick to underestimate that.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2018, 10:13 AM   #953
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
Easier to track.
Mines.
Worked in WWII.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:18 AM   #954
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Mines.
Worked in WWII.
Exactly. Just post a warning in several languages on posts every few miles, so that no one can say, "You didn't tell us".

And mines are a lot cheaper than walls. Plus after a few people lose a limb or two or even a life, the message that sends will be taken to heart by all wanna-be home invaders.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:21 AM   #955
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Exactly. Just post a warning in several languages on posts every few miles, so that no one can say, "You didn't tell us".

And mines are a lot cheaper than walls. Plus after a few people lose a limb or two or even a life, the message that sends will be taken to heart by all wanna-be home invaders.
Is that what they have between North and South Korea? a mine field?

This would not work very well here because of the 'lawyers' suing for peoples rights (and loss of life and limb).
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #956
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

This would not work very well here because of the 'lawyers' suing for peoples rights (and loss of life and limb).
No one has a right to enter a country illegally. If a foreigner wants to enter our country, he/she must follow legal protocol.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:04 AM   #957
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

If all the lawyers were laid end to end....it would be a good start.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:24 PM   #958
Clocker

Looks like funding the wall isn't going to be a problem. (If anyone understands the following, please explain.)
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I often stated, “One way or the other, Mexico is going to pay for the Wall.” This has never changed. Our new deal with Mexico (and Canada), the USMCA, is so much better than the old, very costly & anti-USA NAFTA deal, that just by the money we save, MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL!

Old 12-14-2018, 09:49 PM   #959
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Looks like funding the wall isn't going to be a problem. (If anyone understands the following, please explain.)
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I often stated, “One way or the other, Mexico is going to pay for the Wall.” This has never changed. Our new deal with Mexico (and Canada), the USMCA, is so much better than the old, very costly & anti-USA NAFTA deal, that just by the money we save, MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL!

Dog chasing it's tail....that's what I come up with on this Twit...
Old 12-14-2018, 09:56 PM   #960
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
No one has a right to enter a country illegally. If a foreigner wants to enter our country, he/she must follow legal protocol.
have you read UN's human rights proclamation?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: