Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #1
Jess Hawsen Arown

Maxine Waters on her $4.3 million mansion in a white neighborhood

She doesn't live in the mostly black district she represents. Obviously she can afford living with the rich white folks after spending 40 years in public service because anyone who disagrees with her is a racist.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/549362253...#sp=show-clips

I won't stoop as low as Congresswoman Waters to call her a racist, I'll simply call her a typical Democrat.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
chadk66

how does she live out of her district and go to D.C. to represent that district?
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2017, 11:52 PM   #3
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
how does she live out of her district and go to D.C. to represent that district?
From the US Constitution:

Quote:
“No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen.”
Old 07-25-2017, 12:48 AM   #4
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
She doesn't live in the mostly black district she represents. Obviously she can afford living with the rich white folks after spending 40 years in public service because anyone who disagrees with her is a racist.

I won't stoop as low as Congresswoman Waters to call her a racist, I'll simply call her a typical Democrat.
Good for Maxine. She can live where she wants to live, regardless of the color of her skin and apparently the voters of her district don't have a problem with that.

And not a bankruptcy to her name, either.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 12:53 AM   #5
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post

Here is a list of many similar Congressmen who live (okay, are registered to vote) outside their district. You're really starting to reach now. I am certain that you will care very much that there are both Dems and Repubs on the list.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 01:12 AM   #6
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Or a coherent thought.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:13 AM   #7
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Every 10 years, Congressional districts are redrawn by state legislatures.Most of the time it's just minor adjustments, that few notice, to account for population gains or losses within districts.But when an entire state gains or loses seats, all kinds of shenanigans occur one of the more popular being Congressional reps of the party out of power at the state level have their hometown moved into a new district forcing them to either move or run the risk of running for re-election as an 'outsider'.Apparently some are confident enough to stay put.

Old 07-25-2017, 01:17 AM   #8
barahona44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Or a coherent thought.
Hey, nobody's perfekt.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:52 AM   #9
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Good for Maxine. She can live where she wants to live, regardless of the color of her skin and apparently the voters of her district don't have a problem with that.

Yep, hard to go bankrupt with a bank in your pocket

"According to Chuck Neubauer and Ted Rohrlich writing in the Los Angeles Times in 2004, Maxine Waters' relatives had made more than $1 million during the preceding eight years by doing business with companies, candidates and causes that Waters had helped. They claimed she and her husband helped a company get government bond business, and her daughter Karen Waters and son Edward Waters have profited from her connections. Waters replied that "They do their business and I do mine."[54] Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) named Waters to its list of corrupt members of Congress in its 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2011 reports. She was accused of using her position to prevail upon officials to meet with OneUnited Bank without disclosing that she and her husband had significant stock holdings in the company.[55] Since she was on the Financial Services Committee she largely had the role of determining where TARP funds would go. $12 Million in TARP funds went to OneUnited without her ever disclosing that she had a financial stake at the company.[56][57][58] Citizens Against Government Waste named her the June 2009 Porker of the Month due to her intention to obtain an earmark for the Maxine Waters Employment Preparation Center.[59]"

In 2010, Waters came under investigation for ethics violations and was accused by a House panel of at least one ethics violation related to her efforts to help OneUnited Bank receive federal aid.[60] Waters' husband is a stockholder and former director of OneUnited Bank and the bank's executives were major contributors to her campaigns. In September 2008, Waters arranged meetings between U.S. Treasury Department officials and OneUnited Bank, so that the bank could plead for federal cash. It had been heavily invested in Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, and its capital was "all but wiped out" after the U.S. government took them over. The bank received $12 million in Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) money.[61][62] The matter was investigated by the House Ethics Committee,[63][64] which charged her with violations of the House's ethics rules in 2010.[65][66][67][68] On September 21, 2012, the House Ethics Committee completed a report clearing Waters of all ethics charges after nearly three years of investigation.[69]"

The ethics committee backed down ......and so did the DOJ

Quote: CBS News

"Is Maxine Waters as really dumb as she seems?"

She's one step above a snail and right on the heels of Sheila Jackson Lee in the brains department
Old 07-25-2017, 07:47 AM   #10
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Here is a list of many similar Congressmen who live (okay, are registered to vote) outside their district. You're really starting to reach now. I am certain that you will care very much that there are both Dems and Repubs on the list.
None of whom call everybody who disagrees with them a racist. NONE OF THEM

It is inconceivable that anyone with a brain defends this criminal. If you believe that anyone who made a living as a public servant for 40 years can afford a $4.3 million mansion HONESTLY needs a refresher course in integrity.

Can we find other life long criminals in Congress? Of course. Most of them are. But this hypocrite who avoids her constituents to live among "rich white racists" gets her picture posted next to "despicable scum" as the perfect definition.

There is a warm place waiting in hell for dirt like Waters. Pelosi. Wasserman-Schultz and the Clintons. Since I don't want to appear sexist (note that the so-called Woman's March was actually Women-Who-Did-Not-Vote-For-Trump March. The intelligent ones (aka, the majority) stayed home), Harry Reid will be in charge of them in hell.

Like I have said, those who believe Republicans are saints are grossly mistaken.
They only seem like saints when placed next to the demoncrats.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 09:10 AM   #11
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

"Is Maxine Waters as really dumb as she seems?"

She's one step above a snail and right on the heels of Sheila Jackson Lee in the brains department
I don't think so, I believe it is an act to bond with the poor, uneducated, unskilled, people who don't speak proper English that have kept her in office for decades. She is playing the "look I am one of you" card. If she was dumb she would not be living in a multi-million dollar home on a reps salary. The fact she stays out of jail or hasn't been removed from office means she knows something.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 09:22 AM   #12
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
From the US Constitution:
I figured in states like CA where they have reps from different districts one would have to reside in that district. Like it is at the state legislative level. But it appears that's not how it is. So why even have districts then? Can anybody in any part of the state vote for her?
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
I figured in states like CA where they have reps from different districts one would have to reside in that district. Like it is at the state legislative level. But it appears that's not how it is. So why even have districts then? Can anybody in any part of the state vote for her?
No, you can only vote for reps running in your district, unless something changed since I fled California a half dozen years ago.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 09:41 AM   #14
delayjf

Quote:
Quote:
"According to Chuck Neubauer and Ted Rohrlich writing in the Los Angeles Times in 2004, Maxine Waters' relatives had made more than $1 million during the preceding eight years by doing business with companies, candidates and causes that Waters had helped. They claimed she and her husband helped a company get government bond business, and her daughter Karen Waters and son Edward Waters have profited from her connections. Waters replied that "They do their business and I do mine."[54] Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) named Waters to its list of corrupt members of Congress in its 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2011 reports. She was accused of using her position to prevail upon officials to meet with OneUnited Bank without disclosing that she and her husband had significant stock holdings in the company.[55] Since she was on the Financial Services Committee she largely had the role of determining where TARP funds would go. $12 Million in TARP funds went to OneUnited without her ever disclosing that she had a financial stake at the company.[56][57][58] Citizens Against Government Waste named her the June 2009 Porker of the Month due to her intention to obtain an earmark for the Maxine Waters Employment Preparation Center.[59]"

In 2010, Waters came under investigation for ethics violations and was accused by a House panel of at least one ethics violation related to her efforts to help OneUnited Bank receive federal aid.[60] Waters' husband is a stockholder and former director of OneUnited Bank and the bank's executives were major contributors to her campaigns. In September 2008, Waters arranged meetings between U.S. Treasury Department officials and OneUnited Bank, so that the bank could plead for federal cash. It had been heavily invested in Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, and its capital was "all but wiped out" after the U.S. government took them over. The bank received $12 million in Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) money.[61][62] The matter was investigated by the House Ethics Committee,[63][64] which charged her with violations of the House's ethics rules in 2010.[65][66][67][68] On September 21, 2012, the House Ethics Committee completed a report clearing Waters of all ethics charges after nearly three years of investigation.[69]"
Sounds like we need a Special Prosecutor to investigate.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 09:43 AM   #15
incoming

I'm assuming district lines has been redrawn multiple times.

Maxine Waters
American Politician
Maxine Moore Waters is an American politician, serving as the U.S. Representative for California's 43rd congressional district, and previously the 35th and 29th districts, serving since 1991. A member of the Democratic Party, she is the most senior of the 12 black women currently serving in the United States Congress, and is a member and former chair of the Congressional Black Caucus. Before becoming a member of Congress she served in the California Assembly, to which she was first elected in 1976. As an Assembly member, Waters advocated for divestment from South Africa's apartheid regime. In Congress, she is an outspoken opponent of the Iraq War and Donald Trump.
en.wikipedia.org · Text under CC-BY-SA license
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply