Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:14 PM   #1381
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
You need to get over your irrational obsession with facts. It is so dogmatic and politically offensive. There are other ways of looking at things beyond the observable reality.
The author uses arguments about tariffs for protecting the economy of an emerging or previously closed market. That's the perfect time for tariffs. After the War of 1812, after the Civil War, after imperialist expansion.

None of which applies.

That's when tariffs can be good... see East India, Hudson Bay companies... or a more recent example is China's slow introduction of capitalism over 20 years.

You don't do that and you get the best example of what not to do... Russia in the 90s and the robber-barons.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-03-2018 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:15 PM   #1382
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post

The Supreme Court went over a year with only 8 justices and the last time I looked out my window, the country is still standing.
No thanks to your girl Ruthie, who is "strongly in favor of the Court’s use of foreign and international law materials to interpret U.S. law, including the Constitution."

Hell, let's just abolish the Constitution and the Supreme Court and turn it all over to the UN.

http://opiniojuris.org/2010/08/02/ju...-adjudication/
Old 03-03-2018, 11:49 PM   #1383
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
No thanks to your girl Ruthie, who is "strongly in favor of the Court’s use of foreign and international law materials to interpret U.S. law, including the Constitution."

Hell, let's just abolish the Constitution and the Supreme Court and turn it all over to the UN.

http://opiniojuris.org/2010/08/02/ju...-adjudication/
The Supreme Court never influenced me to tie my shoe.In addition, the comments were a response about Ginsberg being removed by Trump, not about what's she's done or hasn't done.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
Old 03-03-2018, 11:55 PM   #1384
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The Supreme Court never influenced me to tie my shoe.In addition, the comments were a response about Ginsberg being removed by Trump, not about what's she's done or hasn't done.
Pretty sure he never said Trump would remove her...pretty sure his comments were about RBG waking up with Alzheimer's or the equivalent, one day, and Trump replacing her since she would no longer be fit to serve.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:56 PM   #1385
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699
JR,

I agree with you response but God help everyone if he is impeached. I truly believe bad times would be ahead and many people will be killed if that happened.
Turniop ass kissers will miss his ass, repugs wiill have tp rebuild, and there will be a lot of told you so's, only killing will be die hard Trumpeters blaming libs and dems. Similar to what you die hard Trumpeters do here in every tin foil thread
Old 03-03-2018, 11:57 PM   #1386
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
How exactly are using EOs and passing Tax Reform with total government control huge accomplishments? Deregulation and Tax Reform weren't unique about the Trump candidacy.

He gets credit for them sure but it's not like he moved mountains to accomplish this. On the flip side Obama raised taxes against a Republican controlled House. I disagreed with it but it was a far greater accomplishment.

His trade policy is garbage. Prominent economic figures from all sides of the political spectrum feel that way... how do you feel about it?
His trade stance doesn’t bother me. It’s easy to fix....you lift the tariffs.......the good far outweighs the bad so far

If RBG would drift off to dream for good......and he gets another appointment......I would be so friggin happy it might hurt
Old 03-04-2018, 12:01 AM   #1387
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Turniop ass kissers will miss his ass, repugs wiill have tp rebuild, and there will be a lot of told you so's, only killing will be die hard Trumpeters blaming libs and dems. Similar to what you die hard Trumpeters do here in every tin foil thread
Rebuild? No need. Pence would pick right up......don’t overestimate the importance of one guy
Old 03-04-2018, 12:11 AM   #1388
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Rebuild? No need. Pence would pick right up......don’t overestimate the importance of one guy
Trump seduced repugs. PENCE lacks that seductiveness and impeachment of the Turnip will stain any repug for years to come.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:16 AM   #1389
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Pretty sure he never said Trump would remove her...pretty sure his comments were about RBG waking up with Alzheimer's or the equivalent, one day, and Trump replacing her since she would no longer be fit to serve.
Impeachment and conviction are the only way to forcibly remove a SCJ.Not sure having Alzheimer's or the equivalent is an impeachable offense.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ne-option.html

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
Old 03-04-2018, 12:19 AM   #1390
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Trump seduced repugs. PENCE lacks that seductiveness and impeachment of the Turnip will stain any repug for years to come.
The party is fractured.

Its terribly fractured on fiscal and economic policy. In addition it's suffering from the same demographic issues the Democrats are. A likely path forward is through the Freedom Caucus but social conservatism is the bane of that group and overall party growth it seems.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-04-2018 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:32 AM   #1391
hcap

Quote:
The party is fractured.

Its terribly fractured on fiscal and economic policy. In addition it's suffering from the same demographic issues the Democrats are. A likely path forward is through the Freedom Caucus but social conservatism is the bane of that group and overall party growth it seems.
The repugs have another demographic that wiil not be overcome. The senior citizens who make up a distinct majority of FOX NEWS viewers are literally dying out. Fox has been a driving force along with Rupert Murdoch of the republican party.The US is shifting to a younger, more diversified voter class. Trump has accelerated that shift.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:37 AM   #1392
fast4522

Quote:
Impeachment and conviction are the only way to forcibly remove a SCJ.Not sure having Alzheimer's or the equivalent is an impeachable offense.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ne-option.html
You should leave the reefer alone, I made no suggestion about anything forcibly removal or even close to that in my post.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:42 AM   #1393
fast4522

Quote:
The party is fractured.

You are wrong, you and others can wish all kinds of things. What you will see is Trump outsmarting opponents and adversary's, you will be cursing or more for a very long time.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:49 AM   #1394
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
You are wrong, you and others can wish all kinds of things. What you will see is Trump outsmarting opponents and adversary's, you will be cursing or more for a very long time.
Tuba's forever!

Old 03-04-2018, 12:56 AM   #1395
davew

Quote:
and you think alt right stuff is crap ... oh, I get it - this is DIM comedy
Closed Thread