Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-19-2013, 06:31 AM   #16
burnsy
self medicated

Lightbulb

Look at the pic, theres two defenders right there. Its pretty much a "hail mary", with that much time left, they never call on that. But the refs were calling bs all night right from the start. On 3rd down twice in a row they called "hands to the face" on carolina...both guys barely brushed the mask.....practically giving NE a Td until Riddley fumbled. There were bad calls though for both sides, they only let these guys play during the playoffs, when the calls drop by a third. Why are there hardly ever penalties during the playoffs and especially during the SB? Its so bad that people look for flags like in this case....it does not matter that there are two guys right there and one (defensive guy) has a clear shot at the ball. That pic shows hes never going to catch that in a million years whether hes free or not...it makes the point for a non call. How is that a good pass with a chance to be caught by the offensive player? Its like 3 yards short. That picture makes the case for no penalty. This is what they probably saw on tape. All these pass interferance calls are what makes the game suck and it should be changed..(the college rule on this is better)...teams that are behind just start throwing the ball up in the air praying for a call...it happens in every other game.....thats when its "rigged"...its turned into the NPL or national pussy league. If he was open and someone runs over and grabs him, yeah ok, but theres two defenders right there. If teams count on winning this way, of course they going to get burned.....how about playing good before the last 2 minutes...when you have to hope for the refs "miracle call"?

Last edited by burnsy; 11-19-2013 at 06:36 AM.
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2013, 07:00 AM   #17
bobbyb

Burnsy, I def agree with you re the College Rule. Seems like every pass play is a 50/50 for a call against. Getting a little silly.

As far as the play last night -watching it in slow motion, the Linebacker did push him back far enough that it left it open for the interception. Gronk new he was screwed.

bobby
bobbyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #18
precocity
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyb
I believe in The Whizz...................................

cant catch the dam ball when you are GETTING mugged from the start!smh refs look at the no VS SF game? san fran player said the ref was talking sh&T TO HIM.
precocity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #19
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
I just can't figure out how it can be overturned....did this shit go on 10-20 years ago? This is a joke

Were there bad calls 10-20 years ago? Yes, I believe there were
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #20
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Yes. You throw the ball in the air and say "hail, mary".

I believe a Hail Mary is a very long forward pass, made in desperation....if so, you are incorrect
Old 11-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #21
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
They show the ref staring right at the play who or why would anybody overturn him......

When u hear the announcers say "the score has been confirmed from upstairs" that same person must have buzzed down no flag

These games are scripted and it's getting harder to dispute the fact
wiff are throwing flags rehearse too?Whats was discuss in the huddle before they picked up the flag?
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #22
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
the greatest sports moment in history was Ken Brett's pine tar game against the yankees. he blasted a towering home run to give the Royals the lead and Billy Martin comes out of the dugout to protest the homer due to pine tar on his bat. i was on the right side of this one, but i can honestly say i never even heard of the rule in my life. they took the home run off the board and the Yankees went on to win, and i went into Churchill Downs in Las Vegas to cash my tickets with the biggest smile on my face.
Ken?

"Forget it, he's rolling"
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #23
Ocala Mike

It wasn't holding or pass interference at SRU Downs, where winners are paid.
Go, Cam!
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #24
TheEdge07
Veteran

What about the pass interference call on the DB from the Pats on Greg Olson ball was 6ft over his head the refs CALLED IT.
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #25
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
That wasn't holding in the end zone on the final play?

The ref was right there and he threw the flag...and then he picked it up?

I am starting to believe the whizz about the fixed games.
Once the ball is in the air, I don't believe they call holding, it has to be interference. Holding is almost always described as "before the pass".

In any case, it was still interference.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #26
KidCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
the greatest sports moment in history was Ken Brett's pine tar game against the yankees. he blasted a towering home run to give the Royals the lead and Billy Martin comes out of the dugout to protest the homer due to pine tar on his bat. i was on the right side of this one, but i can honestly say i never even heard of the rule in my life. they took the home run off the board and the Yankees went on to win, and i went into Churchill Downs in Las Vegas to cash my tickets with the biggest smile on my face.
Don't tell George.....but little brother Ken is stealing some of his glory here.
KidCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
Look at the pic, theres two defenders right there. Its pretty much a "hail mary", with that much time left, they never call on that. But the refs were calling bs all night right from the start. On 3rd down twice in a row they called "hands to the face" on carolina...both guys barely brushed the mask.....practically giving NE a Td until Riddley fumbled. There were bad calls though for both sides, they only let these guys play during the playoffs, when the calls drop by a third. Why are there hardly ever penalties during the playoffs and especially during the SB? Its so bad that people look for flags like in this case....it does not matter that there are two guys right there and one (defensive guy) has a clear shot at the ball. That pic shows hes never going to catch that in a million years whether hes free or not...it makes the point for a non call. How is that a good pass with a chance to be caught by the offensive player? Its like 3 yards short. That picture makes the case for no penalty. This is what they probably saw on tape. All these pass interferance calls are what makes the game suck and it should be changed..(the college rule on this is better)...teams that are behind just start throwing the ball up in the air praying for a call...it happens in every other game.....thats when its "rigged"...its turned into the NPL or national pussy league. If he was open and someone runs over and grabs him, yeah ok, but theres two defenders right there. If teams count on winning this way, of course they going to get burned.....how about playing good before the last 2 minutes...when you have to hope for the refs "miracle call"?
It is obvious that you didn't watch the game, Burnsy.

If you HAD watched the game...then you would have seen that the holding on Gronkowski started at about the point where the ball was intercepted...and that he was pushed back by the linebacker, to the point that you see on the picture.

If Gronkowski is not held and pushed back...then he is right there with the guy who intercepted the ball...and then, who knows what happens?

It was clearly a blown call by the refs...IMO. One of the worst I've ever seen.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #28
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
It is obvious that you didn't watch the game, Burnsy.

If you HAD watched the game...then you would have seen that the holding on Gronkowski started at about the point where the ball was intercepted...and that he was pushed back by the linebacker, to the point that you see on the picture.

If Gronkowski is not held and pushed back...then he is right there with the guy who intercepted the ball...and then, who knows what happens?

It was clearly a blown call by the refs...IMO. One of the worst I've ever seen.

Exactly. Gruden and Tirico were joined by a rules official after the game, who tried to say that the ball was uncatchable and I believe Gruden did a good job of showing that the ball ultimately landed where the contact began.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #29
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Once the ball is in the air, I don't believe they call holding, it has to be interference. Holding is almost always described as "before the pass".

In any case, it was still interference.
That's true the usual call when the pass is in the air is interference because it's a bigger penalty but I've seen defensive holding called before on passes that were uncatchable. I can't remember what game it was last week but the refs called holding on a DB when the pass landed a good 5 yards out of bounds.
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #30
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidCapper
Don't tell George.....but little brother Ken is stealing some of his glory here.
his brother was a pitcher, i mix everything up these days!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply