Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-05-2006, 11:34 AM   #1
Milleruszk

Angry DRF download plans

I purchased the 38 card "Fall Special" from the Daily Racing Form. This special expires today 11/5/06. I had three cards left to download. When I went to download the 3 remaining cards today, I was given the message that my account was not valid. I called DRF customer service and was told that I was out of luck because I had not used up the subscription by 11/4/06. To my way of thinking if the plan expires on 11/5/06, It should be good through today. Am I crazy??
Milleruszk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2006, 11:35 AM   #2
ghostyapper

No the day it expires is the day you can't use it anymore. Same with metrocards.
ghostyapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2006, 11:35 AM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

No - they area cheap and don't care about thier customers.
Customer DIS service is more like it. They also said 38 cards.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:40 AM   #4
Milleruszk

This will be the last time I subscribe to one of their plans. They should change the wording so there is no mis-understanding. In this case the expiration date should have been through 11/4/06 not expires on 11/5/06!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Semantics....if an expiration date is 11/5, I assume I can't use it anymore once 11/5 arrives....

Expiration date means "not valid anymore, starting on this date".....

With all that said, they should have given you the extra three after you called to complain. That's what makes good customer service.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #6
ryesteve

Look at it this way: if someone tells you that grandma expired this morning, that doesn't mean she has one more day of walking around left, does it?
ryesteve is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #7
Milleruszk

I agree that "expires on" is open to interpretation. The DRF should change their wording so that it is crystal clear to the consumer. When I complained, I was told by the DRF customer service rep that there was nothing they could do for me. I bet I am not the only subscriber who is left holding the bag.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Point is, they also advertised 38 cards.
To me, exires on X date means that is the last date to use it.
And if the dates of the 38 cards fall within that time frame, all the more reason to expect you will get them. I expected to get something form DRf in the past, I got it (ouch!) and have ended stopped spending $99 a month with them.

Again, they save zero dollars and lose future busniness, plus give us one more change to berate them in public!

Last edited by Tom; 11-05-2006 at 12:33 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #9
skate
s.e. pa.

and

it comes down to (if me) how many winners, at the end of the day?

maybe they did you a fav, can't win every day.

hang in, get em back nest week.
skate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #10
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryesteve
Look at it this way: if someone tells you that grandma expired this morning, that doesn't mean she has one more day of walking around left, does it?
Man, that clears it up............ Never thought of it that way....perfect!
Old 11-05-2006, 02:47 PM   #11
Milleruszk

Not to beat a dead horse but.....if your driver license your credit card or even a grocery coupon expires on 11/5/06 it is still good on that date. DRF should also honor downloads on this date. Especially seeing how the original deal was for 38 downloads for $38.00 expiring on 11/5/06.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:46 PM   #12
WJ47

I've had that confusion with DRF too. When I have a grocery coupon that expires 12/31/06, the stores will let me use it until midnight that day. On 1/1/07, it is expired.
WJ47 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2006, 08:04 PM   #13
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Semantics....if an expiration date is 11/5, I assume I can't use it anymore once 11/5 arrives....

Expiration date means "not valid anymore, starting on this date".....

With all that said, they should have given you the extra three after you called to complain. That's what makes good customer service.
I disagree.

I don't know of any expiration date that does not honor the specified expiration date as a valid date to use the service/get the product (except the DRF thing being discussed). When it says "expires on" it means that it is good on that date, but not after that date. Otherwise, they need to specify "not valid after" or more explicit language.

The best example that I can offer is the newspaper coupons, product promotion mailer coupons, etc. They are all valid up to and including the expiration date specified. And they use the "expires on" qualification.

You can advance whatever interpretation you want, based upon whatever you think is right; but, when you look at the practices of the major advertisers of products and services that have some expiration date associated with their offers you have to recognize the standard business practice for expiration dates.

DRF is good at making it up as they go. For example, prepaid-period subscription plans (30 days, 6 months, etc) were not able to download the advance breeders' cup (under Churchill) formulator pp's without paying an additional fee. Yet, if you waited until those pp's showed up as regular Churchill entries then your plan covered them.

Customer "dis-service" works for me.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Maybe they don't understand the concept of expiration dates in India?
Old 11-05-2006, 09:39 PM   #15
Donnie

Now I'm really confused. Cause if someone told me my grandmother expires tomorrow, then I would expect to see her early tomorrow before she expires. Now if they said she expired yesterday, unless it was at 12:01, then she was still good up until that time.

Think I'll go get a milk outta the fridge. I guess y'all been throwing it out the day before it expires.

PA is right....they suck because they didn't make it right. If they stick to their guns, no way would I go back. They should have used that opportunity to try to sell you another package. But that's just me.

BTW...the wife says the grocery coupons are good up to and including the date of expiration.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply