Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > 2014 PaceAdvantage Challenge Series, sponsored by RDSS > Gapfire.com Ridersup Memorial Aqueduct Inner Track Challenge

Old 12-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #16
LAP_520

Friday Dec 13, 2013

AQUEDUCT
Extended Forecast

Saturday Hi of 34 °F, Low of 30 °F ....
Afternoon Cold with snow, accumulating 1-3 inches ....
Evening Rain and snow with little or no accumulation, becoming all rain; storm total snowfall 1-3 inches

Sunday Hi of 38 °F, Low of 23 °F .....
Afternoon Clouds giving way to some sun and windy....
Evening Clear

Last edited by LAP_520; 12-13-2013 at 08:56 AM.
LAP_520 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #17
JETSWIN

signing on

gl & happy holidays to all players
JETSWIN is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #18
tiger rose

so we do have to change our handicapping ways for this i guess per cap rules

capped a $20 ticket with horse i love as my key a solo 8-1 shot
but no sense as if my capping is correct and the $1 pays over $250 I LOSE OUT
so have to lower to a $10 ticket and just poke around with remainder of bankroll.
takin crazy picks that you're trying to avoid having cappers toss out there.
tiger rose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #19
goatchaser

Here's my take..These are the rules..I will abide. It's all free and I figure why should I make it tougher on Management for taking the time to hold these contest for us. It is what is..And I'm happy to be part of it. TY Pace Advantage.
goatchaser is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
dylbert
Turf Economist

Thanks, Ted, for acknowledging my dissent. I understand & appreciate reasoning behind change. Another solution might have been capping wager value. My big hit last year was $3 denomination. One of the bomber type tickets toward end of contest was $200 cold Pick 4.

Also, it is very refreshing to get an intelligent response rather than terse ones like I received last year from certain moderators during PAIHL contest. You are one courteous, cordial Canadian.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #21
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatchaser
Here's my take..These are the rules..I will abide. It's all free and I figure why should I make it tougher on Management for taking the time to hold these contest for us. It is what is..And I'm happy to be part of it. TY Pace Advantage.
I'll second that......
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #22
Ted Craven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylbert
Thanks, Ted, for acknowledging my dissent. I understand & appreciate reasoning behind change. Another solution might have been capping wager value. My big hit last year was $3 denomination. One of the bomber type tickets toward end of contest was $200 cold Pick 4.

Also, it is very refreshing to get an intelligent response rather than terse ones like I received last year from certain moderators during PAIHL contest. You are one courteous, cordial Canadian.
Thank you Dylbert. I propose we continue discussing this particular proposal, and a similar one by cdax above (e.g. capping not the daily payout, but rather any given wager component) throughout the rest of the contest with a view to tightening it up possibly for next year. Since this year's contest is now underway with 105 players so far acknowledging the existing rules, we'll have to stick with what we've got.

But this is an opportunity (as well as watching what happens throughout the contest) to get the best balance of rules we can to support skill (and prepare for luck).

Looking forward to more informed comments.

Good luck to you!

Ted

Last edited by Ted Craven; 12-14-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #23
cdax

Quote:
I totally agree. The rules are the rules, you need to figure out the best strategy to win. Keep it simple and easy for the scorekeeper.

Thanks PA, TrackCollector and Ted.
cdax is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #24
goatchaser

Hey Ted , I told you not to put a cap on the pick 4...hahahahahah. Nice going on your total today. Your off to a good start.
goatchaser is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #25
LAP_520

Monday 12/16/2013

I see by the weather channel, they are concerned of another winter storm coming West to East in the center of The USA then swinging NorthEast up thru WV and PA and NY and on out thru MASS.

Timing on this is uncertain at this time. One model has it in Ohio Valley on Fridaynight and the other model has the storm on top of NY. Almost a 1000 mile difference.

Snow and cold temps ... ok ///// it is the cold then thawing that makes the Aqueduct track surface unsafe to race on.

Stay tuned.........
Old 12-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #26
Ted Craven

Quote:
Hey Ted , I told you not to put a cap on the pick 4...hahahahahah. Nice going on your total today. Your off to a good start.
Thanks Goat. See you guys in the PAIHL next month!

Ted

Old 12-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #27
LAP_520

A question was posted on Scratches in the first leg of a Pick-4 ticket by a contestant.

Here is the NYSRWB rule..

NYCRR Title 9, Executive
Subtitle T, New York State Racing and Wagering Board
Chapter I, Racing
Subchapter A, State Racing Commission
Article 1. Administration
Part 4000, General Provisions
4000.1. Division of rules.

4011.26 Pick Four pools.

(a) The pick four (or other approved name) is a form of pari-mutuel wagering conducted on four races specifically designated as pick four races by the board. Each bettor selects, in order, the first placed horse in each of the four races designated and advertised by the track as pick four races, in the race order so designated by the board.

(f) Scratched horses and nonstarters. At any time after wagering begins on the pick four pool, should an entire betting entry or field be scratched or declared a nonstarter in any pick four race, no further tickets selecting such betting entry or field shall be issued, and wagers upon such betting entry or field, for purposes of the pick four pool, shall be deemed wagers upon the betting entry or field (designated horse) upon which the most wagering money has been registered at the track in the win pool at the close of win pool betting for such race. (In the event of a money tie, the tied betting entry or field upon which the most wagering money has been registered at the track in the place pool at the close of place pool betting for that race shall be designated.) Wagers in the pick four pool upon an entry or field of horses from which a starter or starters may have been scratched will, in the case of such entry or field, be deemed wagers upon the horse or horses remaining in such entry or field; except at tracks with totalizator capability to record wagers selecting a coupled entry (or field) and wagers selecting any individual constituent horses therein (merging such wagers for odds display and payoff purposes), in which case, the wagers upon scratched constituent horses will be deemed wagers upon the "designated horse" in such race. In case no starter remains representing any betting entry or field, wagers upon such entry or field shall be deemed wagers upon the "designated horse" in the race affected by the scratch. Should the balance of a betting entry or field race as a nonbetting starter for purposes of other pari-mutuel pools, as provided in sections 4009.20 and 4009.21 of this Part, wagers upon such entry or field shall be deemed wagers upon the "designated horse" for such race. Should a programmed starter be scratched or declared a nonstarter in any pick-four race prior to the start of the first leg, the betting operator shall be authorized to refund any tickets designating betting entries affected thereby prior to such first leg.

According to the rule
: If a horse is deemed scratched or declared a nonstarter prior to the start of the first leg of a pick four race...... the betting will be a refund.

After a Pick-4 starts, if a horse is scratched, or declared a nonstarter, that is on the Pick-4 ticket....that horse is replaced with the designated horse upon which the most wagering money has been registered at the track in the win pool at the close of win pool betting for such race.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

We have been allowing
in this Pick-4 challenge to use the Post Time favorite in the other three legs EVEN on Scratches prior to the start of any Pick 4 races (Early Scratches)... which according to the rule is not allowed if Scratched before the Pick 4 starts.

TO: Governing board members of the Gapfire Ridersup Memorial Aqueduct Pick-4 Challenge

Need Clarification on a scratch in the first leg of a Pick-4 ticket.... is it a refund ? or is it designated horse (PTF)

Old 12-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #28
Light
Veteran

What happened to Patrick the truck driver? Used to play this contest. Was having health issues. I used to like his bitching on both boards. Is he OK?
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #29
Ted Craven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAP_520
A question was posted on Scratches in the first leg of a Pick-4 ticket by a contestant.

Here is the NYSRWB rule..

NYCRR Title 9, Executive
Subtitle T, New York State Racing and Wagering Board
Chapter I, Racing
Subchapter A, State Racing Commission
Article 1. Administration
Part 4000, General Provisions
4000.1. Division of rules.

Thanks LAP_50. Under discussion!

Ted

Old 12-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #30
Ted Craven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
What happened to Patrick the truck driver? Used to play this contest. Was having health issues. I used to like his bitching on both boards. Is he OK?
Haven't heard from Patrick in half a year. He was driving again. Hope he's doing OK.

Perhaps a PM ...

Ted