Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-26-2020, 09:28 AM   #16
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
I've always wondered why Baffert doesn't race in FL . Is there a reason for that?

One thing I know, the CHRB protects him. My guess is that he greases their palms. Most of the people on the board are smart enough to know that Baffert is drugging his horses so it makes sense that they let him get away with murder because he pays them off. If you add up all the stakes money and then all of the breeding money, Baffert and his owners have a multi-billion dollar scam going, so they can afford to bribe anyone they need to.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 10:52 AM   #17
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
One thing I know, the CHRB protects him. My guess is that he greases their palms. Most of the people on the board are smart enough to know that Baffert is drugging his horses so it makes sense that they let him get away with murder because he pays them off. If you add up all the stakes money and then all of the breeding money, Baffert and his owners have a multi-billion dollar scam going, so they can afford to bribe anyone they need to.
For the CHRB to "protect" him people would have to collude with Baffert. Those would be the current and former Executive Director Scott Chaney and Rick Baedeker and the Equine Medical Director Dr. Rick Arthur.

IMO all three are excellent public servants with integrity beyond reproach.

That dog doesn't hunt for me.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:05 AM   #18
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
To the kids at home, don't post under the influence of either mind altering substances or unbelievable stupidity.

Consider this a public service announcement. No need to thank me.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 11:13 AM   #19
Andy Asaro

I seriously doubt Baffert pays anyone but there are plenty of conflicts of interest.

Here's one.

The cover-up for Triple Crown winner Justify looks shameful, no matter how it's framed

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ad/2294991001/

Excerpt:

Yet when CHRB executive director Rick Baedeker notified his board members three days after the Derby that a complaint would be issued and a hearing scheduled, his failure to follow through invites suspicion. That CHRB chairman Chuck Winner owns a piece of some horses in Baffert's barn is an obvious conflict of interest.

Maybe everyone involved is entirely honorable, scrupulous and objective. Still, the whole thing looks lousy. Whenever industry insiders double as regulators, their ability to render arm's-length decisions is inherently compromised. When they make significant decisions behind closed doors and neglect to clue in the general public about the relevant issues, it erodes whatever trust the industry has earned.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 11:32 AM   #20
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
I seriously doubt Baffert pays anyone but there are plenty of conflicts of interest.

Here's one.

The cover-up for Triple Crown winner Justify looks shameful, no matter how it's framed

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ad/2294991001/

Excerpt:

Yet when CHRB executive director Rick Baedeker notified his board members three days after the Derby that a complaint would be issued and a hearing scheduled, his failure to follow through invites suspicion. That CHRB chairman Chuck Winner owns a piece of some horses in Baffert's barn is an obvious conflict of interest.

Maybe everyone involved is entirely honorable, scrupulous and objective. Still, the whole thing looks lousy. Whenever industry insiders double as regulators, their ability to render arm's-length decisions is inherently compromised. When they make significant decisions behind closed doors and neglect to clue in the general public about the relevant issues, it erodes whatever trust the industry has earned.
conflict exist between the many parties involved horse racing....shocking.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 11:39 AM   #21
classhandicapper

Baffert is the main man in CA in virtually every dirt division when it comes to their stakes program. Be it inquiries/disqualifications, drug overages, what some people suspect is collusive riding when he has two horses entered in the same race etc.. coming down hard on Baffert is not in your own best interests because he is free to take his stakes horses to OP, KEE, CD, BEL, SAR etc... instead and totally decimate stakes racing in CA. He has leverage.

It would be nice to think everyone is held to the same standard whether he has a few cheap claimers or all the key horses for all your Grade 1 series, but I'm not buying it. IMO, politics and economics matter in the decision making.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 10-27-2020 at 11:42 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 12:17 PM   #22
Andy Asaro

‘Clearly Another Case Of Contamination’: CHRB Complaint Reveals Dextorphan Positive In Baffert Trainee

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/t...ffert-trainee/

Excerpt:

Baffert said the finding was a result of environmental contamination.

“A number of my staff were sick with COVID this summer, including Merneith's groom,” Baffert said via email. “I learned he had been taking over-the-counter cough syrups that contained Dextrorphan. This has been an issue in other states where contamination has lead to positive tests. That's what happened here. This is clearly another case of contamination. Ultimately, this is my responsibility. It's really embarrassing for the barn, but that's what happened. #2020 sucks.”
Old 10-27-2020, 12:29 PM   #23
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

This is getting ridiculous.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 01:02 PM   #24
jay68802

A little more information.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/th...contamination/
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 01:26 PM   #25
GMB@BP

yet the owners will continue to send him horses. they are the ones with the power.

you aint cheatn, you aint trying. ....rubbn is racing.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 02:18 PM   #26
Big Peps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
‘Clearly Another Case Of Contamination’: CHRB Complaint Reveals Dextorphan Positive In Baffert Trainee

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/t...ffert-trainee/

Excerpt:

Baffert said the finding was a result of environmental contamination.

“A number of my staff were sick with COVID this summer, including Merneith's groom,” Baffert said via email. “I learned he had been taking over-the-counter cough syrups that contained Dextrorphan. This has been an issue in other states where contamination has lead to positive tests. That's what happened here. This is clearly another case of contamination. Ultimately, this is my responsibility. It's really embarrassing for the barn, but that's what happened. #2020 sucks.”

Clearly there needs to be some action here. A duck is a duck. It's beyond ridiculous at this point
Big Peps is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2020, 02:25 PM   #27
Andy Asaro

Old 10-27-2020, 02:42 PM   #28
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
This is getting ridiculous.
Agreed. If they were recovering from or had COVID-19, then why were they working at the track? Nice try, Baffert, try again with another off-the-wall excuse.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:50 PM   #29
Andy Asaro

Old 10-27-2020, 03:06 PM   #30
classhandicapper

This is getting ugly fast.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: