Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-06-2020, 04:02 PM   #406
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I haven’t voted for a democratic presidential candidate in over 40 years. This year will be different. My only regret is that Biden will not be as far-left or as addled as he is portrayed. Trump supporters deserve worse.
I actually respect this more than you know.

Hope that bothers you.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:19 PM   #407
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Polls are usually conducted with a small group. For instance in October 2016 ABC news polled 874 people that determined Hillary had a 12 point lead over Trump.

My sense is whomever conducted the most recent poll probably did so in downtown Portland Oregon.
Other polls confirm that one.
Swing states......

Biden holds stable lead in six swing states after debate, Trump’s coronavirus diagnosis, new poll finds
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/06/2020...diagnosis.html

Former Vice President Joe Biden holds a steady lead over President Trump in six swing states, according to a new CNBC/Change Research poll.
Most swing-state voters disapprove of Trump’s handling of the coronavirus, and prefer Biden and Democrats to handle the outbreak.
A majority of voters have concerns about the president’s health following his Covid-19 diagnosis, and most think he did not take enough precautions to protect himself from exposure to the virus.

Biden has an advantage in every one of the six states, though he holds his smallest lead in North Carolina. Here is where the race stands in each state, including the change in Biden’s lead from two weeks ago:

Arizona: Biden 51%, Trump 45% (no change in lead)
Florida: Biden 50%, Trump 46% (+1)
Michigan: Biden 51%, Trump 43% (no change in lead)
North Carolina: Biden 49%, Trump 47% (no change in lead)
Pennsylvania: Biden 50%, Trump 46% (no change in lead)
Wisconsin: Biden 51%, Trump 44% (-2)

The poll surveyed 2,688 likely voters in the six states from Friday to Sunday and has a margin of error of plus or minus 1.89 percentage points
Old 10-06-2020, 07:02 PM   #408
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Other polls confirm that one.
Swing states......

Biden holds stable lead in six swing states after debate, Trump’s coronavirus diagnosis, new poll finds
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/06/2020...diagnosis.html

Former Vice President Joe Biden holds a steady lead over President Trump in six swing states, according to a new CNBC/Change Research poll.
Most swing-state voters disapprove of Trump’s handling of the coronavirus, and prefer Biden and Democrats to handle the outbreak.
A majority of voters have concerns about the president’s health following his Covid-19 diagnosis, and most think he did not take enough precautions to protect himself from exposure to the virus.

Biden has an advantage in every one of the six states, though he holds his smallest lead in North Carolina. Here is where the race stands in each state, including the change in Biden’s lead from two weeks ago:

Arizona: Biden 51%, Trump 45% (no change in lead)
Florida: Biden 50%, Trump 46% (+1)
Michigan: Biden 51%, Trump 43% (no change in lead)
North Carolina: Biden 49%, Trump 47% (no change in lead)
Pennsylvania: Biden 50%, Trump 46% (no change in lead)
Wisconsin: Biden 51%, Trump 44% (-2)

The poll surveyed 2,688 likely voters in the six states from Friday to Sunday and has a margin of error of plus or minus 1.89 percentage points
What were the sampling percentages with regard to Rep/Dem/Ind in each of these different polls? One can get the results they want by oversampling specific groups.

And when those sampling percentages differ significantly from the states involved and the number demographics of those who actually turn out to vote.........see what happened in 2016.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2020, 07:22 PM   #409
Ocala Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

I hope Biden gets every single vote and Trump has 0 votes by the end of counting.
Andt if that happened the headline in the papers the next morning would probably be: TRUMP EKES OUT NARROW ELECTORAL COLLEGE VICTORY DESPITE RECEIVING ZERO VOTES.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2020, 08:08 PM   #410
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
https://youtu.be/pWdd6_ZxX8c

I haven’t voted for a democratic presidential candidate in over 40 years. This year will be different. My only regret is that Biden will not be as far-left or as addled as he is portrayed. Trump supporters deserve worse.
But you're NOT voting for Biden...you're voting for Kamela Harris...that's all....
Old 10-06-2020, 08:52 PM   #411
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
But you're NOT voting for Biden...you're voting for Kamela Harris...that's all....
I don’t care. The fact that you care is all that matters.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:35 PM   #412
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Who touches and smells little girls? Creepiness runs in the family.
We all like to kick this old codger for this tic he has always had, the truth is he is a communist now because that is where all of his block support is coming from.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2020, 09:38 PM   #413
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Andt if that happened the headline in the papers the next morning would probably be: TRUMP EKES OUT NARROW ELECTORAL COLLEGE VICTORY DESPITE RECEIVING ZERO VOTES.
I like your humor, fact is we will seat our Supreme Court Justice replacing RBG and deny all of you in court.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:18 PM   #414
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
We all like to kick this old codger for this tic he has always had, the truth is he is a communist now because that is where all of his block support is coming from.
You're like some old school 80s cold war dude...are you some sort of ex-KGB guy who defected who still hasn't mastered the English language?
Old 10-07-2020, 12:39 AM   #415
fast4522

Quote:
You're like some old school 80s cold war dude...are you some sort of ex-KGB guy who defected who still hasn't mastered the English language?

Yes old school, but born in the USA. Obvious that I loath left leaning policy.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:45 AM   #416
thaskalos

Quote:
It's those darned bifocals that he keeps forgetting to put on.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:56 AM   #417
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
What were the sampling percentages with regard to Rep/Dem/Ind in each of these different polls? One can get the results they want by oversampling specific groups.

And when those sampling percentages differ significantly from the states involved and the number demographics of those who actually turn out to vote.........see what happened in 2016.
You Trumpites, to use an apt expression, are "whistling through the graveyard".

All polls show Biden leading.
And putting states that were not until now doable for Dems, in play
Old 10-07-2020, 09:03 AM   #418
lamboguy

real big debate tonight from 2 great debaters.

the president also says he is looking forward to next weeks debate against Biden. that should be a good one if it comes off because there will be more substance to it than the first one.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2020, 09:13 AM   #419
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
real big debate tonight from 2 great debaters.

the president also says he is looking forward to next weeks debate against Biden. that should be a good one if it comes off because there will be more substance to it than the first one.
I am not sure Trump can actually debate, unless you consider debating bellowing and interrupting at every point. I have not seen him give a logical, well thought out argument yet. He is normally looking to turn the process into a circus, and he is excellent at that. It would be interesting to hear Trump discuss, in depth, some of the "great policies" his supporters always tout.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2020, 09:24 AM   #420
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You Trumpites, to use an apt expression, are "whistling through the graveyard".

All polls show Biden leading.
And putting states that were not until now doable for Dems, in play
Trump is a good closer and just needs to stay in contention until starts kick at top of stretch.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply