Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-17-2020, 10:43 PM   #61
jay68802

What Immortal6 is saying is true. I am usually at the same table with my friends every weekend. Not shy about buying drinks either. Anyone that finds themselves at Fonner is welcome to look me up also. First time I met Immortal he PM me and asked where I was, my reply was "Sitting at the bar."
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2020, 11:19 PM   #62
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal6 View Post
Some people may think it’s fake nicety, or odd that people don’t find it necessary to be rude to strangers but it is just how so many of us are raised here. My parents taught me from a young age that it doesn’t cost anything to be open and welcoming to others. “Nebraska Nice” is a real thing and my offer stands to Thaskalos or any others on this board that they can PM me any time they somehow find their way to Fonner on a cross country road trip and if possible, I will give them a tour of the place, barns included, and buy them a beer.

Honestly, I’ll be glad when Fonner is a blip on the radar again because it means we are over this Covid BS and are back to living our lives.
Similar here in OKC and all of Oklahoma. Took some getting used to for someone raised on the east coast but it is part of why I settled here.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2020, 11:45 PM   #63
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal6 View Post
Some people may think it’s fake nicety, or odd that people don’t find it necessary to be rude to strangers but it is just how so many of us are raised here. My parents taught me from a young age that it doesn’t cost anything to be open and welcoming to others. “Nebraska Nice” is a real thing and my offer stands to Thaskalos or any others on this board that they can PM me any time they somehow find their way to Fonner on a cross country road trip and if possible, I will give them a tour of the place, barns included, and buy them a beer.

Honestly, I’ll be glad when Fonner is a blip on the radar again because it means we are over this Covid BS and are back to living our lives.
Please accept my sincere apology for not giving a prompt reply to your kind response. And, should the travel venues open up again...I just may take you up on your offer. And if Fonner Park doesn't tap me out completely...the second round of drinks is on me.
Old 04-18-2020, 12:23 AM   #64
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
I'll never forget my first visit to Aksarben when every teller would smile and say thank you after I was through betting.

Ah, Ak-Sar-Ben.

My first, and perhaps befogged by the passage of time, the top of the list of the ones I'd love to visit today.
Old 04-18-2020, 08:27 PM   #65
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Caught the late Double, 1 nice tri, and 4 exactas today. Do not understand the bitching.
Jay you often play Fonner even before it was one of few tracks running, right? Thought I've seen you cash some decent pick tickets in the past at Fonner.

I don't follow the track so I don't know about jockeys not trying, but horses at a certain level you probably can't push them too hard anyway, they are already being held together with duct tape.

Last edited by clicknow; 04-18-2020 at 08:28 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2020, 12:45 PM   #66
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Stinky jocks or not, how does one explain the ride on J Train in the 1st last Monday (4/6)?

Somebody brought this race to my attention just now, so I looked on the board here to see if it was brought up...couldn't find anything.

The ride on that 9-5 horse would be a reason not to bet Fonner when other tracks open back up, that's for sure.

Somebody even thought enough about this race to put it on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaTSlu-h5YQ

Okay we have us a rematch in race 4 today.

One big difference. J Train gets a major positive jockey change
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2020, 01:26 PM   #67
BIG RED
Son O'War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Ah, Ak-Sar-Ben.
Took me some time to see that was Nebraska spelled backwards
Old 04-20-2020, 03:39 PM   #68
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED View Post
Took me some time to see that was Nebraska spelled backwards
Ironic that a poster with the handle "Big Red" wouldn't pick right up on that.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:35 PM   #69
Mason

When you run cheap claimers at any track, it is always a grab bag of mixed results everytime. Fonner this season has been very consistent when running at the allowance or minor stakes level.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2020, 08:43 PM   #70
Redbullsnation
THEY SEND IN THE MAN

Fonner is raking in the cash. For a bullring, this kind of money is relatively rare
Old 04-22-2020, 09:49 PM   #71
Elkchester Road

Sheesh

Nice ride by Armando Martinez on the 4/5 favorite in the 6th race today. I understand things can happen in a race, and certainly can at this tier of racing. Problem is...in the 4 weeks I have been watching this track, this happens a LOT with Martinez.

I understand stuff like this is sometimes part and parcel of the game we are playing. I suppose the games are hidden better at the better tracks.

Armando Martinez is a disease.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:26 PM   #72
Maximillion

For me the issue isnt that its cheap claimers or a bullring........its a short meet with horses you hardly see race anywhere else.If it was a longer meet it would probably be a better product from a betting perspective, and maybe the riders would improve or at least have a chance to attract some better ones.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2020, 11:40 PM   #73
SG4

Can someone explain something to me - the early pick 5 at Fonner is always listed in charts as "Jackpot pick 5" but only shows a payout, never a carryover. Is the early pick 5 actually jackpot, if so how does it work with the early/late pick 5 rolling over each other, like if there's a sole winner of both the early & late pick 5 is the holder of the late ticket screwed over from any carried over money?
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2020, 01:25 AM   #74
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4 View Post
Can someone explain something to me - the early pick 5 at Fonner is always listed in charts as "Jackpot pick 5" but only shows a payout, never a carryover. Is the early pick 5 actually jackpot, if so how does it work with the early/late pick 5 rolling over each other, like if there's a sole winner of both the early & late pick 5 is the holder of the late ticket screwed over from any carried over money?
The early P 5 is not a jackpot bet. I has nothing to do with the late P 5.
Old 04-23-2020, 01:37 AM   #75
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Nice ride by Armando Martinez on the 4/5 favorite in the 6th race today. I understand things can happen in a race, and certainly can at this tier of racing. Problem is...in the 4 weeks I have been watching this track, this happens a LOT with Martinez.

I understand stuff like this is sometimes part and parcel of the game we are playing. I suppose the games are hidden better at the better tracks.

Armando Martinez is a disease.
What exactly was wrong with the ride?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: