Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 11:11 AM   #31
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchboy
Someone hits a large winner at the track and then collects other peoples losing tickets to offset the win. I believe the IRS will disallow those losing tickets and charge the person with tax fraud or they will take the losing tickets and project it out over a year. 5k in losing tickets dated the same day will create a lot of problems if they decide to persue it. Tax fraud or pay the estimated taxes from betting 5k a day for a year.

In this case since the big winner was not normal it could be interpreted as being another persons wager. Appears all wagers for this account were structured the same way except this one.

This may be what they are looking at in the youbet offshore case.
Considering that Warrant is based in Canada, this shouldn't apply. Canadians don't pay taxes on gambling winnings.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:12 AM   #32
banacek

You know one of the things I miss about racing these days is that I play at home and miss the interaction with the most of the other cappers at the track. But one of the things I don't miss is the people I had to deal with at the track that acted like this guy.
Your little winning streak
Old 10-28-2007, 11:12 AM   #33
warrant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman179
http://www.horseswild.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12541

http://forum.turfnsport.com/general-...ent-super.html

So that makes it THREE FORUMS (at least) where you touted yourself winning the superfecta.
Got news for you, $11,000 cannot buy class.

yep.......good spot

money can buy everything else boy, and i got alot of it....22 and i make more then most ppl, hell i make more at the track even then most ppl do flipping burgers for 6 years
Old 10-28-2007, 11:14 AM   #34
warrant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by banacek
You know one of the things I miss about racing these days is that I play at home and miss the interaction with the most of the other cappers at the track. But one of the things I don't miss is the people I had to deal with at the track that acted like this guy.
u should see my uncle red at flamboro, everyone knows him, hes the guy ur talking about lol
Old 10-28-2007, 11:15 AM   #35
warrant
Veteran

Quote:
Considering that Warrant is based in Canada, this shouldn't apply. Canadians don't pay taxes on gambling winnings.
CANADA BABY! ALL ABOUT THE GOOD STUFF YAHHHHH BOYYYYYYYY
Old 10-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #36
judd

i would tout myself also
nice hit warrant
Old 10-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #37
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by banacek
Funny thing is that you can't avoid them at the track whereas this site is optional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrant
yep.......good spot

money can buy everything else boy, and i got alot of it....22 and i make more then most ppl, hell i make more at the track even then most ppl do flipping burgers for 6 years
Talk about putting an exclamation point to my post.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:17 AM   #38
warrant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by judd
i would tout myself also
nice hit warrant

thanks, least 1 person agrees

ur not like sea biscuit and the rest of the grand stand wannabes
Old 10-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #39
warrant
Veteran

Quote:
Funny thing is that you can't avoid them at the track whereas this site is optional.

Talk about putting an exclamation point to my post.

this is a forum i could care less, in the real world thats where it matters man....u gotta have the drive that will get u far in life
Old 10-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #40
dutchboy
Veteran

Are "Quick Picks" referred to computer generated bets created at random by the tracks computer and only require luck that the computer will pick the right numbers and no handicapping ability. Just like playing the lottery.

Quote:
if u know how i bet.then u would know that i play quick picks, do they hit? sometimes, hpi is crap with it but i like doing it, been doing it for a while....my stepmom does the same thing, she hit that 5 grand super at mohawk not to long ago...
Old 10-28-2007, 11:21 AM   #41
warrant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchboy
Are "Quick Picks" referred to computer generated bets created at random by the tracks computer and only require luck that the computer will pick the right numbers and no handicapping ability. Just like playing the lottery.
yep, they hit every now and then, and its fun, just a pain putting all them in, click click click click

but seeing the results are nice, ive hit 3 or 4 being with hpi, they generate the same numbers to which is gay but its a decent system
Old 10-28-2007, 11:22 AM   #42
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Quote:
thanks, least 1 person agrees

ur not like sea biscuit and the rest of the grand stand wannabes
What, you mean like people who come here to talk about racing instead of just posting selections? Since you've come to PA, you've created 95 posts...90 of which touted your selections.

How about making some damn contributions to the board like how you view certain handicapping angles, or how you felt about the BC, etc.

Most of the people who come here pick their own horses, they don't need help from some Lawton wannabe.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:23 AM   #43
warrant
Veteran

Quote:
What, you mean like people who come here to talk about racing instead of just posting selections? Since you've come to PA, you've created 95 posts...90 of which touted your selections.

How about making some damn contributions to the board like how you view certain handicapping angles, or how you felt about the BC, etc.

Most of the people who come here pick their own horses, they don't need help from some Lawton wannabe.
i dont pick my own horses? get a clue asshole....thx
Old 10-28-2007, 11:23 AM   #44
banacek

Good point, Zman! I'll hit the quick pick button and then the ignore button!
Your little winning streak

Last edited by banacek; 10-28-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:25 AM   #45
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Quote:
this is a forum i could care less, in the real world thats where it matters man....u gotta have the drive that will get u far in life
Your drive might make you rich, but you'll be lonely and bitter in the end unless you show a little couth.
Closed Thread