Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #31
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan04
Haven't been there yet this year. Maybe this weekend, I heard they made all these improvements. Is it noticeable?
They put up flat screens on the first floor and put up about half a dozen Belterra sign.No changes made in the clubhouse or to the 2nd level.The same TV's are up there since I got into this game in 1996.To me,players really into the live racing want to be up top with a pair of binoculars.I hate sprinting 100 yards to make bets because there are only 2 machines at the 16th pole upstairs and you sit in silence because the TV sound doesn't work.It seems like a simple request to me,but much like Turfway they ignore me completely.Like I said earlier in here,they are catering to beerdrunks and face stuffers.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #32
cosmo96

Home Sweet River Downs

I am from Cincinnati. I now live fifty miles away, but I consider Cincinnati my home. I grew up with the Reds and River Downs. My parents placed bets for me when I was twelve years old. It is sad to see what is going on at River Downs. I go to tracks all over North America, and by all standards River Downs cannot come close to them. But, when I return from Saratoga for my weekly visit to River Downs, as Ernie Banks called Wrigley Field the friendly confines, so is River Downs. There is a lot of enthusiasm for horse racing in the Cincinnati area, but as has been said management is trying it's best to ruin it. I wonder if Ohio will ever get slots at the tracks? I hate slots, but maybe it will improve the quality and fields at River Downs.
cosmo96 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #33
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo96
I hate slots, but maybe it will improve the quality and fields at River Downs.
It hasn't worked in most places, doubt it would work in Cincinnati.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #34
cosmo96

CJ and Slots

CJ I know and understand your position on slots at the tracks. For the most part I agree with you. I guess it depends on how you play the game. I don't want to lose live racing in Ohio. If we don't get slots it will be gone. Slots have improved fields and purses at many tracks that were losers. For example: Indiana Tracks, PARX,MNR, CT,etc. Slots are not a panacea, but I am not a gloom and doomer. I am hoping for the best.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #35
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
CJ I know and understand your position on slots at the tracks. For the most part I agree with you. I guess it depends on how you play the game. I don't want to lose live racing in Ohio. If we don't get slots it will be gone. Slots have improved fields and purses at many tracks that were losers. For example: Indiana Tracks, PARX,MNR, CT,etc. Slots are not a panacea, but I am not a gloom and doomer. I am hoping for the best.
I understand. Everybody wants that. Of those you mention though, they haven't improved to the point they could be sustained without slots. You can't make a $50 bet at those places on a longshot without betting against yourself. On top of that, they siphon off horses from the places that people do actually bet.

There are no easy answers. I'd like to see a schedule where most places run a seasonal meet that doesn't conflict with many others. That way everyone can have live racing, and fields can be better everywhere. I just don't think we will ever get that kind of cooperation.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #36
bigmack

Odd to not see the likes of Tiller @ HDW or Schvartzie or Platt press reply on this caper.

Unusual numbers from some rube with a stopwatch and 'gate open click', 'no run erp in mind' can have an eeeeffect on shipers and ee's of formidable(?) twacks like MNR.

If cj, a subpar tennis playa & hack golfer in the middle of OooooK. LaHoma, can blow the lid of this, it will be a proud day for Polish people everywhere.

bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #37
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

This is what I've been told via Equibase:

"Earlier today we entered corrections for 22 races that were hand timed by the management team at River Downs. These corrected races have been transmitted to data resellers via our data synchronization process. Just as a side note, there was one time that I felt was still questionable, 5/2 race #5, but they timed the race once again today and confirmed the new time.

Hopefully, this problem has been corrected and we will receive reasonable fractional and final times moving forward. Please let me know ASAP if you find anything suspicious."

Once I see the new times I'll check them, and I'll certainly monitor the new ones. It is sad that I had to be the one to point this out. You have to wonder how long it would have continued.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:24 AM   #38
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
There are no easy answers. I'd like to see a schedule where most places run a seasonal meet that doesn't conflict with many others. That way everyone can have live racing, and fields can be better everywhere. I just don't think we will ever get that kind of cooperation.

for many of these circuits one thing that may be better than a seasonal meet is some kind of bi or tri-weekly rotation........ week 1 at mth, week 2 at del.... week 1 at prx, week 2 at pen.....week 1 at rd/beu, week 2 at tdn..... week 1 at mnr, week 2 at pid... week 1 at suf, week 2 at fl.... week 1 at pim/lrl, week 2 at ct....

at least for the crowded summer months when everyone wants to run, this doesn't shut any tracks out totally and may be better...
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #39
TravisVOX
Track Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
This is what I've been told via Equibase:

"Earlier today we entered corrections for 22 races that were hand timed by the management team at River Downs. These corrected races have been transmitted to data resellers via our data synchronization process. Just as a side note, there was one time that I felt was still questionable, 5/2 race #5, but they timed the race once again today and confirmed the new time.

Hopefully, this problem has been corrected and we will receive reasonable fractional and final times moving forward. Please let me know ASAP if you find anything suspicious."

Once I see the new times I'll check them, and I'll certainly monitor the new ones. It is sad that I had to be the one to point this out. You have to wonder how long it would have continued.
I wonder how this update works for those who download the chart files from places like Brisnet?
TravisVOX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #40
CincyHorseplayer

One thing River Downs could do to increase business is rewrite the condition book.They start writing the loser series of races out of it and better horses would show up.

All having slots would is level the playing field of surrounding states.Many outfits would migrate back to this state.It's not a solution in itself.

The other thing I read in here is not having completely overlapping meets.If the Ohio horses are a group,quit scattering them around consecutively run meets like TDN and RD right now.They could probably race 6 days a week,10 races a day,with nearly full fields were that to happen.

Personally I don't get who the "Target" audience is.I put in a sizable chunk of change down there every summer and I am completely ignored.I just can't believe they think success lies solely in concessions.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #41
cosmo96

River Downs Mangement

I doubt that River Downs management reads this forum. If they do, they pay as much attention as my e-mails I send them. There is a lot of knowledge and opinions that they could benefit from. If anyone from River Downs is reading Pace Advantage let us know. Cincy Player is right it's stupid to run two Ohio tracks at the same time. On occasion all three tracks run at once. Dumb, stupid!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #42
maddog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Odd to not see the likes of Tiller @ HDW or Schvartzie or Platt press reply on this caper.

Unusual numbers from some rube with a stopwatch and 'gate open click', 'no run erp in mind' can have an eeeeffect on shipers and ee's of formidable(?) twacks like MNR.

If cj, a subpar tennis playa & hack golfer in the middle of OooooK. LaHoma, can blow the lid of this, it will be a proud day for Polish people everywhere.

That's MR. hack golfer to you.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #43
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisVOX
I wonder how this update works for those who download the chart files from places like Brisnet?
I'm busy today, but I'll contact BRIS on Monday and see what they say.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #44
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Upon seeing this thread, I sent Equibase the following email:
Quote:
I stumbled across the following thread at paceadvantage.com where timing of races at River Downs is called into question:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=93972

As an FYI, the guy posting as CJ is Craig Milkowski. Craig makes is own speed and pace figs and is really good at what he does. Because he's the one questioning the validity of the fractional times I have every reason to believe something really is amiss.
Regards,

Jeff Platt
However, Equibase was already on it having been contacted by CJ.

Ron Tiller at HDW sent me the following email a few hours ago:
Quote:
Will have all charts remade and a list of changes shortly. Stay tuned.
There's good guys and bad guys at work here:

The good guys?

CJ for catching it and for caring enough to take it upon himself to contact Equibase.

Equibase for listening to the customer, for getting involved, bringing the problem up with track management at River Downs, getting the races retimed, and redistributing revised charts data to the data vendors.

Any data vendor who takes the time to cut new charts and make them available to the customer. (HDW so far. Hopefully, others will follow.)

The bad guys?

River Downs Track Management for allowing erroneous times to be published.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 05-11-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #45
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
I doubt that River Downs management reads this forum. If they do, they pay as much attention as my e-mails I send them. There is a lot of knowledge and opinions that they could benefit from. If anyone from River Downs is reading Pace Advantage let us know. Cincy Player is right it's stupid to run two Ohio tracks at the same time. On occasion all three tracks run at once. Dumb, stupid!
I liked when they did the 7/7 cards. Now that they go head to head its like they are competing for the Ohio racing dollars. Now that's dumb!!