Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 01-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
funnsss1

North Americas last good stud

Can anyone tell me when was the last time north america produced the top stud horse and its name.Has it been 20 years or more since the so called expert horsemen in the USA have produced a world class stud.
funnsss1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
1st time lasix

off top of my head I consider Bernardini...Giant's Causeway....Dynaformer...AP Indy...Smart Strike....More than Ready...Awesome Again...Pulpit....Tapit...Indian Charlie...Elusive Quality...Kitten's Joy...Street Sense...Big Brown....Medaglia D'oro....Distorted Humor..... and FuPeg top sires. May not fit your definition, but they get some solid offspring.
1st time lasix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
funnsss1

Top stud

Out of all those i would consider giants causeway as a good stud but how many champions has he sired.None of the rest have.I was thinking along the lines of sunday silence maybe the last great american sire
Old 01-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
magwell

A P Indy.......
Old 01-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
funnsss1

Mr prospector

Sorry I made a mistake its not sunday silence but mr prospector and i agree fug peg is one of his offspring but i would classify mr.prospector as a world class stud and americas last great addition to the elite equine bloodlines.Goes to show people where americas great horsemen have failed the sport as nowadays all there animals are so doped up even the kentucky derby winners dont get the attention of the world breeders because of all the drug abuse in north american racing.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:51 AM   #6
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
A P Indy.......
Seattle Slew, Danzig, Storm Cat, and on and on...
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
Linny

More Than Ready has been every bit as popular in Australia as here, marking him as an "international" success.
Storm Cat was the leading sire of sales horses for almost a decade with appeal on both sides of the Atlantic.
Giant's Causeway has approached the mantle of his sire a dn is favored internationally.
Distorted Humor has been outstanding and Bernardini (by A P Indy) could be on his way as well, though his offspring seem to favor dirt more than turf, which may limit his appeal outside the Us.

I would daresay that mistaking Sunday Silence (who was a supersire in Asia) for Mr. Prospector might mark the original poster as someone with limited knowledge of the breeding world.
Linny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #8
mrhorseplayer

Tiznow
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply