Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-26-2017, 02:34 PM   #61
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
This kind of thinking is what got you (dims) where you are today...at the bottom of the trash heap.
For the thousandth time not a democrat and more pro-free market than the President.

Take it up with clocker he's the one that posted it... sarcastically I might add.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #62
RunForTheRoses

For those who need cartoons

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Foreign Policy Trump vs Obama 2017.jpeg (51.5 KB, 32 views)
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 03:15 PM   #63
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
What you are missing ... which is understandable considering your history ... is that the nazis and the Europe trash that govern a once-great Continent will come running to Trump and the USA to save them -- from themselves and their Open borders policy. There are just so many times that Muslim migrants rape and kill Europeans through terror before the 'leaders' cry help!

Then we have the generational and historic economic boom that has already begun in the USA -- thanks to Trump, and Trump alone -- which by extension will help the undeserving EU get out of their self-imposed economic malaise.

The best way for Trump to save Europe from themselves is actually quite simple: first, withdraw American troops from Germany and other EU sites where we have a presence. Let Merkel defend both the German people (and the other EU pikers too) and also provide 'free' healthcare to her snotty and spoiled citizenry. Same thing goes for the UK and France, both run by two of the dumbest people in the history of the world.

And when Trump/USA stops subsidizing these ungreatful cowards and freeloaders then maybe, just maybe, the EU will stop the insanity and get their act together. Our military and our taxpayers protect these losers and subsidize their slovenly lifestyle. This will end thanks to Trump and leadership.

As for the Middle East, moving our embassy to Jerusalem -- Israel's rightful and historic capitol city -- is just the very first step by Trump in saving the Middle East while telling the entire world the era of idiot US presidents is now over. And yes, Trump got the ball rolling in his spare time as you suggested.

The leading Middle East countries will happily work with Israel for peace knowing Trump is our President and the leader of the free world.

Another driver for peace will be the world-wide deflation in international oil prices --thanks to both Iran dumping and USA fracking-- which will keep the Saudis in line so they could concentrate on their real enemy, Iran.

I just can't wait for tomorrow because Trump gets better every day.
(emphasis mine)

Meanwhile...not so much for the Palestinians, according to their neighbors.

REPORT: Arab States Have Had It With the Stupidity of the Palestinian Authority

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...ian-authority/

Last edited by boxcar; 12-26-2017 at 03:16 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 03:45 PM   #64
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
(emphasis mine)

Meanwhile...not so much for the Palestinians, according to their neighbors.

REPORT: Arab States Have Had It With the Stupidity of the Palestinian Authority

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...ian-authority/
Yes, the Palestinians should be sent back to their rightful country -- Jordan!

Problem is, Jordan don't want these bottom-feeders either.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 05:32 PM   #65
davew

Quote:
Yes, the Palestinians should be sent back to their rightful country -- Jordan!

Problem is, Jordan don't want these bottom-feeders either.
maybe California would take them, Germany would
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 06:19 PM   #66
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
For the thousandth time not a democrat and more pro-free market than the President.

Have you never read his posts? That's just what you want him to think. And he's on to it.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 06:43 PM   #67
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
Have you never read his posts? That's just what you want him to think. And he's on to it.
Our friend elysian has often cited that he's a 'Republican' as has our friend clocker calling himself 'conservative'. When one wrote that he knows more about free trade than Trump ... well that was the joke of day! What is funny though was that all their prior anti-Trump rhetoric and analysis was both easily debunked on the merits and proven patently incorrect, numerous times. Yet that doesn't stop either of them, now has it?

Both have often said that Trump is a dope; Trump doesn't know a thing about trade; Trump won't be able to get companies to return to the USA; and all those trade deals that Trump did make --despite those two-- was going to be made anyway (that one was the funniest of them all).

But that's OK; it hasn't stopped either of them from using the same silly and snarky arguments and comments all over again, again and again, a year later. (Do they think we forgot what they previously posted? -- )

Hey, it's really no big deal. It's still PA-OT General, and don't forget that.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:58 PM   #68
fast4522

Quote:
elysian has often cited that he's a 'Republican' as has our friend clocker calling himself 'conservative'
How many men in chat rooms pretend to be woman, forget that it is OT and remember that it's just the internet.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 07:11 PM   #69
Clocker

Quote:
knows more about free trade than Trump
Another impassioned defense of The Donald without resorting to facts.

Trump says he is in favor of "free trade" as long as it is "fair trade".

The two concepts are contradictory. Free trade means trading without such restrictions as protectionist tariffs or quotas. "Fair trade" means using tariffs or other restrictions to manipulate and manage trade in order to get the results that you want.

Free trade is objective, fair trade is subjective. To equate the two is delusional or deceptive. Trump is not in favor of free trade. There can be no doubt that he wants to use protectionist tariffs to achieve his goals. He is in favor of "fair trade", as long as he gets to define what is fair. If you are in favor of "fair trade" as defined by Trump, at least be honest about what it is.

In politics, defining what is fair means deciding whose ox gets gored. As in Obama's mantra about the "rich" paying their fair share.

Quote:
prior anti-Trump rhetoric and analysis was both easily debunked on the merits and proven patently incorrect, numerous times
I must have missed that. Got a cite or a link?
Old 12-26-2017, 08:27 PM   #70
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

What happened to Americans?

For decades we all wanted the UN to do anything; something; in our favor and/or simply dissolve because it has never done us any good. We finally stand up for ourselves, and we are now the bad guys? We've been there for everybody. When has anybody been there for us?

For decades we wanted to move our embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. We are doing that now, and we are now the bad guys? Isn't Jerusalem the Capital of Israel; one of our best allies? This dates back before the Clinton days in the WH. I guess many are conditioned to all talk and no action?

Long standing "policies" are now getting done (or starting to get done). The most important job of our President is protecting its citizens and has come to a massive charge with DJT at the helm. While we aren't shipping out illegals at any rate anywhere close to the Obama years, we are securing our borders, and keeping out the unwanted and suspect.

After 8 years of meaningless diatribe from a really good speaker, what can anybody of any intellect tell me that Obama really got done? The $1 Trillion bailout that was already in place before he took oath? A shit healthcare system that was promised to lower costs and allow people to keep their doctor of choice?

Tell me, please, what did he do to award your awe and appreciation.

Last edited by Lemon Drop Husker; 12-26-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 09:12 PM   #71
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
How many men in chat rooms pretend to be woman, forget that it is OT and remember that it's just the internet.
I don't know the answer to that since I don't hang out in chat rooms where men pretend to be women.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:45 PM   #72
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Another impassioned defense of The Donald without resorting to facts.

Trump says he is in favor of "free trade" as long as it is "fair trade".

The two concepts are contradictory. Free trade means trading without such restrictions as protectionist tariffs or quotas. "Fair trade" means using tariffs or other restrictions to manipulate and manage trade in order to get the results that you want.

Free trade is objective, fair trade is subjective. To equate the two is dI just can't wait for tomorrow because Trump gets better every day.elusional or deceptive. Trump is not in favor of free trade. There can be no doubt that he wants to use protectionist tariffs to achieve his goals. He is in favor of "fair trade", as long as he gets to define what is fair. If you are in favor of "fair trade" as defined by Trump, at least be honest about what it is.

In politics, defining what is fair means deciding whose ox gets gored. As in Obama's mantra about the "rich" paying their fair share.

I must have missed that. Got a cite or a link?
I guess all those anti-America trade deals done pre-Trump were OK by you because 'conservatives' in the GOP made them ... ??

'Fair' trade deals were they? Or were they 'free' trade deals?

It doesn't really matter because whatever terms Trump used and meant the anti-Trump crowd made sure to criticize it because .... well, it's Trump and what does he know about business and trade, free, fair or otherwise??

And using your ox is gored line of thought ... well there are winners and losers to be had. The difference is Trump wants America to win and Obama wanted anybody but America to win. The same could be said about most of the pre-Trump GOP-majority congresses, too.

What we do know is since Day One you and other 'conservatives' on here that are anti-Trump have been playing the analyzing/parsing game with almost everything he says and does. Which is no big deal because most of us know by now the real silly game being played.

Bottom line, after just a single year in office, Trump already has proven to be quite astute in correcting all of these 'free trade' deals made by previous GOP 'conservatives' -- the same people who told us that Trump knows little about such things.

I just can't wait for tomorrow because Trump gets better every day.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:11 PM   #73
Clocker

Quote:
I guess all those anti-America trade deals done pre-Trump were OK by you because 'conservatives' in the GOP made them ... ??

'Fair' trade deals were they? Or were they 'free' trade deals?

It doesn't really matter because whatever terms Trump used and meant the anti-Trump crowd made sure to criticize it because .... well, it's Trump and what does he know about business and trade, free, fair or otherwise??
I have no idea what anti-American trade deals you are talking about. Again, you accuse without facts. As a general rule, just about any trade deal the government does is a bad idea.

I am not anti-Trump. He is much preferable to Hillary, but he has some screwball ideas, and I will point them out when they come up. I am not a Republican either. I don't understand how you think branding anyone with political labels is going to disprove a position.

It does matter what terms Trump uses, because calling things something that they aren't indicates that either he doesn't understand what he is doing or that he is being deceitful. Free trade is good for the consumer. Protectionist tariffs, which is what Trump is proposing, are bad for consumers and good for a few selective industries. Trump's spokesman in the campaign admitted in an interview last year that Trump's tariff proposals could raise the cost of living of the average family by 10-15%.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:26 PM   #74
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Protectionist tariffs, which is what Trump is proposing, are bad for consumers and good for a few selective industries. Trump's spokesman in the campaign admitted in an interview last year that Trump's tariff proposals could raise the cost of living of the average family by 10-15%.
Prove it.

Bring facts and an actual reliable news source to show this 10-15% comment to be even remotely true. Not opinion. But facts.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2017, 10:58 PM   #75
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Prove it.

Bring facts and an actual reliable news source to show this 10-15% comment to be even remotely true. Not opinion. But facts.
Congressman Chris Collins, a Republican from NY, was co-chairman of the Trump campaign’s U.S. House Leadership Committee.

He made the 10-15% comment on several TV shows, including an interview on MSNBC.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/03/01/...-middle-class/

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: