Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-27-2022, 07:02 PM   #31
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Someone using that during the 2020 riots, on a cop, would have been given the medal of freedom on January 20, 2021.
Old 07-27-2022, 07:16 PM   #32
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Someone using that during the 2020 riots, on a cop, would have been given the medal of freedom on January 20, 2021.

I know liberal judges have the same odd magnification in their minds about J6 as most of your progressively insane Democrats, but 63 months for Ponder? Could it be they used a parole violation and previous record to get it that high? Think if he hit a couple cops in riot gear with a hollow thin walled pole at a BLM rally, how much time would he have got. I bet catch and release and pay a $200 fine. He just did his crime at the wrong place and time.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2022, 07:29 PM   #33
CaptainObvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I call them as I see them, the cop in the video is obviously a lying drama queen, as are his cohorts that were attacked by Ponder. Their stories don't add up. I am not condoning what Ponder did, he deserves some jail time, but I think 63 months is excessive. Not sure if the cops testified or Ponder was convicted on video evidence. Here and there I have managed to read coverage directly quoting the officers Ponder attacked plus the above linked pathetic crybaby. All of them lied, they claimed a combination of being hit so hard their shields shattered and Ponder shattered the flag poles he was hitting them with. Both are impossible under the circumstances. The shields are made from a shatter proof plastic they make machine guard windows out of.

Maybe you are not aware, Capitol police aren't like any over police force, they are a joke. You could count on one hand how many acted like brave professionals on Jan 6th.

Like I said officer spineless just kept saying he had life long injuries while giving no specifics and implying he would never be the same. Sounds like a bunch of made up crap. A normal person would say something like, "The back injury, I got will prevent me from playing golf again."
I believe Mr. Ponder plead guilty, no trial. Maybe his history of violence played a part in his lengthy sentence. I agree that his sentence is a bit much.

I am not aware, what makes them such a joke?
CaptainObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2022, 07:37 PM   #34
CaptainObvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Not nearly as strange as you noticing it. Or better yet...talking about it.
Most conservatives are law and order, pro police people, hence my surprise.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:42 PM   #35
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
I believe Mr. Ponder plead guilty, no trial. Maybe his history of violence played a part in his lengthy sentence. I agree that his sentence is a bit much.

I am not aware, what makes them such a joke?

Where do I begin? Maybe I should do this in parts. Exhibit A, Chris Matthews

former well known MSNBC commentator who had a cracking voice and damn near in tears on election night November 2016, was a former Capitol policeman, a huge amount of them desire a career in politics, like no other police force.

Did you watch the first hearings about J6, what were they a year or so ago?

I saw Capitol policemen bearing witness, stand up and yell, pound the table, cry, etc,etc showing extreme emotion. Ever watch Court TV? I watch a lot of it, often to compare how various media outlets cover actual trials. In all the years watching law enforcement officers testify back to the OJ Simpson trial have I seen the out of control behavior of the Capitol police over J6. That was the first time I did not see well prepared professionalism just reporting facts without the drama.

Did you see officer screaming bitch trapped in a door being shut on him? His riot gear was protecting him from being squeezed and he was still upright,
he did have a bloody lip, he was acting like a bear was eating him. He was just in a shoving match. If you are in a scrap, fight or whatever the last thing you should show is weakness, he wore it on his forehead.

The Capitol police have continually lied about and embellished what happened on J6. I did see a few kicking ass, taking names and thinking well on their feet under pressure, I hope those few are given promotions and accommodated or find better opportunities elsewhere.

Most of them look like a cast of idiots, and the post J6 interviews were mostly embarrassing, only someone who had never been in a fight, knew nothing about policing, the human body, metallurgy or psychics would believe a word they say.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:47 PM   #36
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

but but but but but....they were TEARING DOWN OUR DEMOCRACY with FLAG POLES damnit!
Old 07-27-2022, 08:48 PM   #37
Inner Dirt

Quote:

I don't default toward police when they screw up, I pick sides based on what I see, I don't have a default opinion before I see evidence. I am typically, law and order, pro police, there are exceptions to the rule. Like I have said numerous times I don't condone what was done on J6 by either side. But I would say the worst of J6 was Democrats making a big deal about a demonstration that got out of hand.

To me it was just a little worse than being in the infield on Derby day or less than watching a soccer match crowd out of control.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 07-27-2022 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-27-2022, 09:14 PM   #38
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
but but but but but....they were TEARING DOWN OUR DEMOCRACY with FLAG POLES damnit!

I would like to see some experiments done to prove or disprove what the Capitol police claimed happened on J6. Between another poster and I it is obvious flag poles don't shatter riot shields. So anyone claiming that lied. Also flag poles don't shatter either, more lies. In my mid 20's I lent myself out to a friend and his LA Sheriff academy buddies to do homework practicing on how to subdue someone who had exceptional strength, hand to hand combat skills and a high tolerance to pain.

That was a long time ago and a land far away, but at 61 and definitely suffering from previous mentioned stunts, on heart meds that leave me a weak skinned bleeder I will volunteer for one last experiment. Dress me up in full riot gear with a shield. Allow Big Papi to attack me will a typical flag pole for 2 minutes, just me and him. Swing it like a bat that is in the pictures and videos, no jousting. Let us see if Big Papi leaves me laying in a pool of my own blood soaking in the ground. I am just assuming no one in the J6 crowd could swing a flag pole as hard as Big Papi, and not many could bleed like me.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 07-27-2022 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-27-2022, 09:29 PM   #39
CaptainObvious

Quote:
Where do I begin? Maybe I should do this in parts. Exhibit A, Chris Matthews

former well known MSNBC commentator who had a cracking voice and damn near in tears on election night November 2016, was a former Capitol policeman, a huge amount of them desire a career in politics, like no other police force.

Did you watch the first hearings about J6, what were they a year or so ago?

I saw Capitol policemen bearing witness, stand up and yell, pound the table, cry, etc,etc showing extreme emotion. Ever watch Court TV? I watch a lot of it, often to compare how various media outlets cover actual trials. In all the years watching law enforcement officers testify back to the OJ Simpson trial have I seen the out of control behavior of the Capitol police over J6. That was the first time I did not see well prepared professionalism just reporting facts without the drama.

Did you see officer screaming bitch trapped in a door being shut on him? His riot gear was protecting him from being squeezed and he was still upright,
he did have a bloody lip, he was acting like a bear was eating him. He was just in a shoving match. If you are in a scrap, fight or whatever the last thing you should show is weakness, he wore it on his forehead.

The Capitol police have continually lied about and embellished what happened on J6. I did see a few kicking ass, taking names and thinking well on their feet under pressure, I hope those few are given promotions and accommodated or find better opportunities elsewhere.

Most of them look like a cast of idiots, and the post J6 interviews were mostly embarrassing, only someone who had never been in a fight, knew nothing about policing, the human body, metallurgy or psychics would believe a word they say.
I have not watched any J6 hearings, nor do I have any desire to. I did see a clip of the dude in the door and remember laughing at him. Good analogy with the bear.

I wouldn’t say lying is exclusive to this bunch of police, or cowardice for that matter. Many good police have compromised themselves to protect criminal cops.
Old 07-27-2022, 10:02 PM   #40
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I have not watched any J6 hearings, nor do I have any desire to. I did see a clip of the dude in the door and remember laughing at him. Good analogy with the bear.

I wouldn’t say lying is exclusive to this bunch of police, or cowardice for that matter. Many good police have compromised themselves to protect criminal cops.

I know good cops lie to protect bad cops, the good ole blue brotherhood, but in this day and age it gets harder to do. My evil father was a bad cop but he was too lazy to take it out on perps, he was just stoked he could beat his wife and son (me) and get away with it. That was pre cell phone and internet days. Most cops in his group were wife beaters. Due to my upbringing, I am against police, but videos mostly keep them in line. I think the job can turn good men bad, I think they should get psychologically evaluated yearly.
Old 07-28-2022, 01:49 PM   #41
Elkchester Road

Quote:
You would be right. Wrong is wrong...regardless of Politics.

Too bad that, these days, some people don't see that. Power is a MF.
Old 07-28-2022, 02:16 PM   #42
CaptainObvious

Quote:
I know good cops lie to protect bad cops, the good ole blue brotherhood, but in this day and age it gets harder to do. My evil father was a bad cop but he was too lazy to take it out on perps, he was just stoked he could beat his wife and son (me) and get away with it. That was pre cell phone and internet days. Most cops in his group were wife beaters. Due to my upbringing, I am against police, but videos mostly keep them in line. I think the job can turn good men bad, I think they should get psychologically evaluated yearly.
Unfortunately, there are plenty of cops like you’re old man. It’s not a job I would ever want, though I suppose some find it fulfilling. Better training and more mental health help would go a long way. Seeing that kind of tragedy year in and year out can break even the strongest men.
Old 07-28-2022, 02:26 PM   #43
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Unfortunately, there are plenty of cops like you’re old man. It’s not a job I would ever want, though I suppose some find it fulfilling. Better training and more mental health help would go a long way. Seeing that kind of tragedy year in and year out can break even the strongest men.

My dad got a medical retirement in the early 80's. He would have quickly been put out of business in today's time, the cell phone video removes the he said she said equation, and breaks up a lot of the blue bond. My aunt said he used to be a nice funny guy and then just snapped one day and turned evil. I think I know what did it and it wasn't job related. I do think regular psychiatric evaluations should be mandatory, the job could definitely turn a good man bad.