Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Old 07-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #31
Handiman
BarelyWinning

One other thing...I am extremely Handsome....so you can't expect me to be smart too!

Love,
Handsome Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #32
chrisl

Hello Handi: Thanks for your efforts. I live in hot Sacramento {it has been lately} I ran a couple of commercial office projects in Petaluma a few years back. I really love that country. Thanks again Chris
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #33
KyRacer

Handi,

I download the Phil file for today from Bris and had the same problem as fight as far as the number of races that your program would show. Listed all the horses in the first three races, and showed only 3 horses in the 4th race and showed no horses in any race after that.

The file doesn't seem to be corrupted. It loads and runs just fine in other non Bris programs that I have and loads all the races and horses in Bris's Custom PP Generator. The problem seems to be on your end. I know others have occasionally had a corrupted file, but I have never came across one from Bris.

KyRacer
Old 07-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #34
douglasw32
douglasw32

Also another thought?

We are both coding it in basic so if it opens in mine and not in yours, it can not be the bris file, but on the other hand maybe it is me "Wrapping" yours into min and launching it, someone go directly to the FAST folder and try opening handis program stand alone and running the problem files...

handifast.exe ????

Maybe I caused it.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:57 PM   #35
Handiman
BarelyWinning

You're welcome Chris. What a diff from Sac to Alaska...wow!

This file thing is a head scratcher. I will go download it and see what happens on my end.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #36
Handiman
BarelyWinning

No Doug it's on my end somehow. Maybe picking up an error in a field and not going any further. I will try and track it down.

I'm sorry guys....all I wanted to do was help and not make your lives miserable. I will do everything I can to get this resolved.

Handi
Old 07-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #37
Handiman
BarelyWinning

I found the problem. But and it's a big BUTT...I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm going to contact a couple of real smart guys and see if I can get their help.

The basic problem is the program reads file fine up to the 4th horse in the 4th race and then reads a field wrong and it all goes down hill from there. I have checked the file and it seems to be okay.

I'll get back and report what I find asap.

Handi
Old 07-21-2009, 07:05 PM   #38
douglasw32
douglasw32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman
No Doug it's on my end somehow. Maybe picking up an error in a field and not going any further. I will try and track it down.

I'm sorry guys....all I wanted to do was help and not make your lives miserable. I will do everything I can to get this resolved.

Handi
No way , Relax, even broke it is A GRET ASSET ! to my game anyway =)
I of course hope you can fix it...

I could look through the code...maybe it just needs a second set of eyes.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #39
stats

V8.0??????????

Hi Doug - I downloaded the new program and I was able to get your version and Handi's version to work. However - on the past performances and summary pages it still reads V8.0 Ex: F.A.S.T. Summary V 8.0
Form Adjusted Speed Totals MTH | 2009-07-22

Am I doing something wrong?
stats is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #40
douglasw32
douglasw32

That is correct, my version is still the same Handi started with V8.0, no changes other than some formatting...

Handi added to that and created his version 8.5
he did some bug fixes and is at 8.5.1

All is good if that is what your seeing =)
Old 07-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #41
dartman51

Let me add another "bug". I can't get HandiFast to handicap race 13 or beyond. It allows for the 13th race, but when you double click on it, the program crashes. While you're at it, can you add more races?? CRC will occasionally have 13,14 races, and on BIG days at CD and BEL and a few others, they often have 13, 14 and even sometimes 15 races. Thanks so much for all the hard work that went into this program. It is VERY GOOD as is.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2009, 02:21 AM   #42
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Yes I will look at my code and see what I need to do to get more race capabilities.

Handi
Old 07-23-2009, 04:37 AM   #43
AAcoolguy

Doug could you go into a little more detail about the points, => you know those points. For the life of me I can't figure it out. Thanks.

By the way I came out a little ahead today at Del Mar I was using v8.5.1 with the money management program from punteray. Its a nice little dutching program. Thanks Ray!
AAcoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2009, 08:52 AM   #44
douglasw32
douglasw32

Sur, that is how handi has the software picking the top 4, not sure how he handles the surface points (completlet left out or would need adjusting if off urf or rains???) maybe he can answer that.

But anyway I use them to assign that point value to the top 4, but in a certain way.

If BEST in a category it is double point, then the next 3 each get just the actual points.

I total all points for said horse, total all of them to get a % for each horse and create a personal odds line from that.

Now handi's software does that for me !

I hope someday he will let someone "play with" the value for each, but you can still do what I was doing, Copy the summary and paste it into excell, and you can have that do the work for you with a little formula writing.

I also have another theory that certain parts compliment each other.

cl (Class) OR PC (Performance Class)

Ds (Distance) OR Jk (Jockey)

EP (2F Pace Avg) or LP (Late Pace Average) <--deciding factor for me after I have the point totals.

Fm (Form Points) or FAST (Average of All Categories)

aw/tf/my/dt (Surface today) OR Tr (Trainer)

s3/2/1 (Speed last 3 races) OR Rk/of (Good work either rank or %age of)
Old 07-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #45
Handiman
BarelyWinning

I have Bobby from Bris looking into the data file problem. Also a technician in France is going to be looking at my program code and the data file to see what maybe the problem. He is very familiar with the language I write code in so have some people on it.

also Doug if you want to give it a shot if you have time, let me know and I will send you the stuff.

By the way I too played Del Mar live yesterday. I was playing live with a friend. Did well. In the 10th race Handifast top 3 horses in point accumulation were 9-5-4 I played the 9-5 to win and a large show on the 9. I'm not a trifecta player but think I will change my mind a bit.

The 9-5-4 delivered a $425.00 $1 tri payoff. My playing buddy posted it before the race somewhere not sure where.

That's the latest.

Oh and I'd be interested in seeing the dutch program. I wrote one a couple of years ago called The Dutchman. It allows up to 4 horse dutch and well you'd have to see it.

Handi