Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-04-2020, 11:12 AM   #5746
boxcar

Jesus is the Only Way, Pt. III

Listen up, Mr. Light, you lover of Darkness and all that is false! Your "best friend" often said that the OT scriptures spoke of him. In fact, so much so, that Jesus told the Jews in Mat 5:17 that he came to fulfill those OT scriptures. And he was right, for the OT contains numerous messianic prophecies -- that of course pertain to Jesus. Here is one of them:

Deut 18:15
15 The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You MUST listen to him.
NIV

Did you catch that? "MUST listen to him"!

Now, let's fast forward into late in Jesus' ministry when He graciously revealed to a few of his disciples his preincarnate glory -- the glory that Jesus had with his Father before the world began. (In fact, Jesus spoke of this glory in his high priestly prayer to his Father shortly before he went to the Cross.

John 17:5
5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.)
NIV

So, Jesus revealed this preincarnate glory to Peter, James and John on the "mount of transfiguration". And the FATHER also spoke to these 3 disciples. Listen to what He said:

Mark 9:7
7 Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!"
NIV

Now, I must ask you, Mr. Light, do you think God the Father's attributes were as limited as you think Jesus' were? Do you think the Father was as ignorant of all the world's religions that would ever exist as you think Jesus was? I mean...God the Father did not tell the disciples that they could listen to any and all of the religious sages that would spring up throughout the centuries, did he? He didn't give them any green light to pursue ecumenicalism, did He?

Scripture, throughout, teaches the Solus Christus doctrine! Christ alone for salvation. Christ alone as the mediator between man and God. Christ alone for divine revelation. Christ alone for orthodoxy. Christ alone for orthopraxy. Christ alone period!

Heb 1:1-2
1:1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.
NIV

So, tell us...how much more spiritually enlightened than the very Creator and Sustainer of this universe are Buddha, Muhammed, Dalai Lama, Swami Vivekananda, Guru Arjan, George Gurdjieff, etc. etc. are. Are any of these, too, filled with all spiritual knowledge and wisdom as Christ is? Are any of these more spiritually insightful than the Creator of the Universe?

Not one of these sinful mortals are fit to lick the bottom of Christ's sandals. Neither are you. Neither am I. Neither are any of us!
Old 09-04-2020, 11:16 AM   #5747
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Usually ambassadors learn to speak fluently the language of the time and part of the world they serve in.
You mean Holy Scripture doesn't speak plain enough for your darkened mind to grasp? It's no wonder you are loathe to read the scriptures I post. To you, they might as well be in Chinese.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:28 AM   #5748
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
You mean Holy Scripture doesn't speak plain enough for your darkened mind to grasp? It's no wonder you are loathe to read the scriptures I post. To you, they might as well be in Chinese.
No. As an "ambassador" to off topic compiosed mostly by knowledgeable people, you should learn to converse using current knowledge to "covert" us. 17th century superstitions may work among other backwards 17th century types, but not here.

Your woeful ignorance does not exactly inspire confidence.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:10 PM   #5749
boxcar

Quote:
No. As an "ambassador" to off topic compiosed mostly by knowledgeable people, you should learn to converse using current knowledge to "covert" us. 17th century superstitions may work among other backwards 17th century types, but not here.

The Pot calling the Kettle black! Again, scripture was written many centuries before the 17th came rolling around. And you have the unmitigated chutzpah to talk about my ignorance?

You hypocrite! Pull the plank out of your own eye before attempting to pull any perceived splinters from mine!
Old 09-04-2020, 01:09 PM   #5750
thaskalos

Quote:
And to you...they might as well be in Greek.
Old 09-04-2020, 01:11 PM   #5751
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
And to you...they might as well be in Greek.
What about in Hebrew? I read the OT just as much as the New. Are you antisemitic?
Old 09-04-2020, 07:44 PM   #5752
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Yeah....and?????? Who were the "merciful" that they should have obtained "mercy"?
That's the best you can do? Do you really believe that, out of the millions the Nazis murdered, none were merciful? And did the Nazis show them mercy? Did your invisible friend give it to them?
Old 09-04-2020, 10:33 PM   #5753
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Seriously? Something is difficult for God!? You really do have a low view of God and this is because you have too high of a view of yourself!
A heart will not be true if forced to come to God no matter what the mouth says. That is why it is more difficult for God than moving a mountain which God can force. God knows, you don't.

Quote:
Did I not ask you yesterday, if Jesus wasn't ALSO divine, you deceiver? Or do you have a serious reading comp problem, too?
And I told you he was Divine, but his powers were intentionally curbed. It's you who can't comprehend because you don't like the answer

Quote:
And don't you know that Jesus performed untold numbers of miracles to prove to Israel that he was their Messiah....

So...Jesus didn't exactly put his divine attributes on hold when he walked this earth!
"Miracles" were very common place back then so people were not as impressed with them as they are now. I forget his name but there was someone who was #1 at that time in "miracles". Jesus was #2 in popularity.

Quote:
Jesus Christ is THE ONLY WAY to the Father! Buddshists, Hindus, Muslims, Taoists, etc., do not accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
Quote me where Jesus says that those specific religions do not lead to God. Also quote me where he says that Judaism or Christianity does lead you to the father. He does not.

He says "I" am the way. The "I" is non religious. He is referring to himself as an entity, not a person. An entity has no religion. An entity can be accessed by any religious or non religious method.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2020, 11:10 PM   #5754
Light
Veteran

Quote:

So, tell us...how much more spiritually enlightened than the very Creator and Sustainer of this universe are Buddha, Muhammed, Dalai Lama, Swami Vivekananda, Guru Arjan, George Gurdjieff, etc. etc. are. Are any of these, too, filled with all spiritual knowledge and wisdom as Christ is? Are any of these more spiritually insightful than the Creator of the Universe?
What you said here shows how removed you are from the purpose of a deity. None of the deities including Jesus are interested in impressing you or wowing you with their cute wisdom play on words.

Anything of worth that they say comes from God. God made all including Jesus.

The deities are trying to connect you to God within you. Because that is the ONLY thing that really counts and where you come from and where everything comes from.

When we love someone either casually or intensely, we are loving the God within them but are not aware of it. And the God within us is doing the loving, but we cannot see that either.

Without love everyone and everything would die or self destruct including the universe itself. There would be no point in being alive or in existence. Love is the most underrated thing there is.

If Jesus brings you to God, great. But if you realize God through an encounter with a small frog in your back yard, then that is your deity. That's your wisdom for the ages.

It's doesn't matter who or what brings you to God. Getting there is what counts. You think Jesus would be offended if you came to God through other means?

Ultimately, its the silence that will bring one to God. Not the words or thoughts. But that's not something you can understand.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:23 PM   #5755
Light
Veteran

How do I know that you don't need to follow a religion to get to Heaven and see God?

Someone who I know recently passed said after passing "There is a creator, I spoke to him, he explained everything, and I'm fine."

This person did not practice religion and was a general pain in the ass to be around.
Old 09-05-2020, 04:41 AM   #5756
hcap

You have enormous memory problems. You just babbled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
The Pot calling the Kettle black! Again, scripture was written many centuries before the 17th came rolling around. And you have the unmitigated chutzpah to talk about my ignorance?

You hypocrite! Pull the plank out of your own eye before attempting to pull any perceived splinters from mine!
After this......

Quote:
All disciples of Christ are privileged to serve as his ambassadors.
Quote:

So Mr Ambassidor, start ambassidoring
Old 09-05-2020, 05:11 AM   #5757
boxcar

Quote:
You have enormous memory problems. You just babbled.

After this......

So Mr Ambassidor, start ambassidoring
So what does the 17th century have to do with the scriptures, Mr. Babble?
Old 09-05-2020, 05:15 AM   #5758
hcap

Quote:
So what does the 17th century have to do with the scriptures, Mr. Babble?
Sorry Mr Ambassador, 16th century....

John Calvin (/ˈkælvɪn/; French: Jean Calvin [ʒɑ̃ kalvɛ̃]; born Jehan Cauvin; 10 July 1509 – 27 May 1564) was a French theologian, pastor and reformer in Geneva during the Protestant Reformation.

Last edited by hcap; 09-05-2020 at 05:16 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2020, 05:19 AM   #5759
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
What you said here shows how removed you are from the purpose of a deity. None of the deities including Jesus are interested in impressing you or wowing you with their cute wisdom play on words.

Anything of worth that they say comes from God. God made all including Jesus.

The deities are trying to connect you to God within you. Because that is the ONLY thing that really counts and where you come from and where everything comes from.

When we love someone either casually or intensely, we are loving the God within them but are not aware of it. And the God within us is doing the loving, but we cannot see that either.

Without love everyone and everything would die or self destruct including the universe itself. There would be no point in being alive or in existence. Love is the most underrated thing there is.

If Jesus brings you to God, great. But if you realize God through an encounter with a small frog in your back yard, then that is your deity. That's your wisdom for the ages.

It's doesn't matter who or what brings you to God. Getting there is what counts. You think Jesus would be offended if you came to God through other means?

Ultimately, its the silence that will bring one to God. Not the words or thoughts. But that's not something you can understand.
"Deities"? How many deities do you believe in? Frogs? Turtles? Crickets? Rose bushes? Piles of steamin' horse manure?

By the way, Jesus IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD! Your "best friend" said so. But then you never have trusted him implicitly, certainly proving you are not a disciple of his.

One more thing you should know: Without [biblical] Faith it's impossible to please God (Heb 11:6).
Old 09-05-2020, 05:23 AM   #5760
boxcar

Quote:
Sorry Mr Ambassador, 16th century....

John Calvin (/ˈkælvɪn/; French: Jean Calvin [ʒɑ̃ kalvɛ̃]; born Jehan Cauvin; 10 July 1509 – 27 May 1564) was a French theologian, pastor and reformer in Geneva during the Protestant Reformation.
Did Calvin write any of the bible? Have I ever quoted Calvin on this forum? I have quoted and cited plenty of scripture, but somehow your decrepit pea brain associates those passages with Calvin?