Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-12-2016, 11:14 PM   #1
Stoleitbreezing

When ALL Seems Lost...Then

I bought in for a measly 14 bucks this past Saturday on my ADW to bet a few races while the wife went out with her mother on a shopping trip. On a shoestring budget i hit my first race at Gulfstream catching a small $23.90 dollar trifecta at gulfstream, but didn't catch a thing the next few races at MV, Tampa, Aqueduct, and Parx. I was basically "all in" for my last .90 cents on 2 "hopelatron" dime supers which of course lost.

I was about to shut down my laptop and start watching TV.....THEN I looked back at the 1st at Parx and noticed the race was under an inquiry of some kind. I had lost the race, but noticed a horse may have fallen off during the race. The horse who dumped the jockey I didn't bet on so I didn't have much hope, but then the race was declared a non race for an equipment malfunction. I couldn't believe it. The 5 dollar win bet and 3 horse 1 exacta box was refunded just in time for Aqueducts 2nd race. I took the 11 dollars and bet a dollar tri box and bet the longshot to win for 3 bucks. Tri paid 136 and the win bet returned 34.20. I proceeded to run up my account to just over 550 highlighted by a $263.40 dollar exacta in Gulfsteam's 5th where I had the 46 dollar winner for two bucks as well. As time went on I started to give back 100 or so of my profit, prompting me to "pinch off" and withdrawl 300 to my paypal.

I kept playing with the remaining 100-150 I had and won on a few short winners before it was practically gone an hour later. I bet my last $4 bucks on my favorite jockey Florent Geroux at FG in race 7 and much to my surprise he held the 19-1 together all the way to the wire to score for 84 bucks! Healthy again I survived an important inquiry at Los Al the following race for nice money then shutdown my laptop a couple of hours later with 287 in my account.
Stoleitbreezing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2016, 12:19 AM   #2
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Great recap Stoleitbreezing. Love this stuff

Last edited by cj; 12-13-2016 at 01:02 AM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2016, 09:47 AM   #3
Peter Berry
Track Announcer

Your planets were aligned. Well done!!!
Peter Berry is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2016, 09:59 AM   #4
jk3521
Registered Loser

I don't know how many times over the years, when I've said to myself " that's it, when my wagering account goes broke, I'm gonna quit" . Sure as hell , I always hit something . Once I was down to my last 60 cents and hit on a 10 cent superfecta that paid over 600 dollars !
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2016, 10:08 AM   #5
bello
Veteran

Always know when the racing gods are smiling down on you. BUT WHY DO THEY ALWAYS DISAPPEAR THE VERY NEXT DAY?
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2016, 10:14 AM   #6
JBmadera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoleitbreezing
I bought in for a measly 14 bucks this past Saturday on my ADW to bet a few races while the wife went out with her mother on a shopping trip. On a shoestring budget i hit my first race at Gulfstream catching a small $23.90 dollar trifecta at gulfstream, but didn't catch a thing the next few races at MV, Tampa, Aqueduct, and Parx. I was basically "all in" for my last .90 cents on 2 "hopelatron" dime supers which of course lost.

I was about to shut down my laptop and start watching TV.....THEN I looked back at the 1st at Parx and noticed the race was under an inquiry of some kind. I had lost the race, but noticed a horse may have fallen off during the race. The horse who dumped the jockey I didn't bet on so I didn't have much hope, but then the race was declared a non race for an equipment malfunction. I couldn't believe it. The 5 dollar win bet and 3 horse 1 exacta box was refunded just in time for Aqueducts 2nd race. I took the 11 dollars and bet a dollar tri box and bet the longshot to win for 3 bucks. Tri paid 136 and the win bet returned 34.20. I proceeded to run up my account to just over 550 highlighted by a $263.40 dollar exacta in Gulfsteam's 5th where I had the 46 dollar winner for two bucks as well. As time went on I started to give back 100 or so of my profit, prompting me to "pinch off" and withdrawl 300 to my paypal.

I kept playing with the remaining 100-150 I had and won on a few short winners before it was practically gone an hour later. I bet my last $4 bucks on my favorite jockey Florent Geroux at FG in race 7 and much to my surprise he held the 19-1 together all the way to the wire to score for 84 bucks! Healthy again I survived an important inquiry at Los Al the following race for nice money then shutdown my laptop a couple of hours later with 287 in my account.
great story, congrats!!
JBmadera is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2016, 12:40 PM   #7
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello
Always know when the racing gods are smiling down on you. BUT WHY DO THEY ALWAYS DISAPPEAR THE VERY NEXT DAY?

Are they really doing you a favor, by teasing you that way ?
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #8
DeltaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoleitbreezing

I think you have reconsider your betting strategy.. With this kind of longshots you must score big and not try to play it safe... Big days like the one you are describing are extremely rare and you have to take advantage of them when they come.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:10 AM   #9
MonmouthParkJoe

Never happens to me. If I didnt have bad luck, I would have no luck at all
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply