Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 07-27-2016, 05:00 AM   #106
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOURTNEY
Does the software accommodate exporting to csv files?
Sorry Courtney, afraid not.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 05:31 AM   #107
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Pete took your bait and played right into your hands, didn't he Light? And you STILL didn't have to post a single pick from you phantom program.

I still don't know why he would post well over 100 selections in a 5 day period, what was it---110? He says they were his spot plays. Coach posted picks using PACE VIEW yesterday and today---no comment there?

I posted one single PACE VIEW pick yesterday--- No comment on that $15 winner? I posted a pick 4 as my only pace view selection today, with 3 horses in the sequence as suggested win bets--one paid $40.00 to win

I posted 10 PACE VIEW EXACTAS Sunday--40% won with a $1.50+ ROI.

I don't bet 110 races in 5 days...and neither does PETE. The handicappers that know how to use the program know about pace, speed, recency, money management, etc.

The clowns that don't---well, like you, they lack any confidence and bet to show.

Good luck with that 4% mutual fund--if that even exists.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #108
mjw

Hello,

I picked up Pace View a couple days ago. Here is my take.

It is a tool.

My handicapping doesn't begin and end with just looking at pace view. I still look at the PPs to credit or discredit horses. If you pick and choose the races you play, I believe both Greg AND Light are correct in saying a positive expectation is achievable.

Pace View:
  • Does output solid numbers, and
  • Will point to spot plays.

What it can't do is decipher the data for you or make a decision for you. You need to do that based on the information that the program provides, along with your knowledge of the sport.

I like the program and I am going to add it to my toolbox.

mjw
mjw is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 11:46 AM   #109
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw
Hello,

I picked up Pace View a couple days ago. Here is my take.

It is a tool.

My handicapping doesn't begin and end with just looking at pace view. I still look at the PPs to credit or discredit horses. If you pick and choose the races you play, I believe both Greg AND Light are correct in saying a positive expectation is achievable.

Pace View:
  • Does output solid numbers, and
  • Will point to spot plays.

What it can't do is decipher the data for you or make a decision for you. You need to do that based on the information that the program provides, along with your knowledge of the sport.

I like the program and I am going to add it to my toolbox.

mjw

Well said.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:55 AM   #110
punteray

Well Said!

MJB

Well said
punteray is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 12:02 PM   #111
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by punteray
MJB

Well said

hahahahah...now I know who you are Ray....seen you around lot's of times

Bishop? That's down in Death Valley isn't it?
Old 07-27-2016, 12:58 PM   #112
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Pete took your bait and played right into your hands, didn't he Light? And you STILL didn't have to post a single pick from you phantom program.

I still don't know why he would post well over 100 selections in a 5 day period, what was it---110? He says they were his spot plays. Coach posted picks using PACE VIEW yesterday and today---no comment there?

I posted one single PACE VIEW pick yesterday--- No comment on that $15 winner? I posted a pick 4 as my only pace view selection today, with 3 horses in the sequence as suggested win bets--one paid $40.00 to win

I posted 10 PACE VIEW EXACTAS Sunday--40% won with a $1.50+ ROI.

I don't bet 110 races in 5 days...and neither does PETE. The handicappers that know how to use the program know about pace, speed, recency, money management, etc.

The clowns that don't---well, like you, they lack any confidence and bet to show.

Good luck with that 4% mutual fund--if that even exists.

Wow, this is a class hike for you. You didn't call me a blowhard or a troll. Although I have nothing against blowhards or trolls.

I just want to say something about this statement you made

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
well, like you, they lack any confidence and bet to show.
Here is how naive your statement is. Pensacola Pete played 114 races, $228 in and got back $205. A 10% loss. I also monitored his show betting. He got back $214.80 to show. A loss of only 5.7%! His show betting beat his win betting. So it isn't a matter of "having confidence" and being a macho man and betting to win. Its a matter of being smart.

Look, I see guys racking their brains out, sweating exotics and in the end if they make 10% ROI after 5 hours of exhaustive playing, they are happy. I can play 1 single race and get $3.00 to show. A 50% ROI and I've blown them away in 20 minutes. Its a matter of playing smart. Play with your ego and this game will bury you.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #113
pandy

Light, not trying to be a wise guy. Do you only bet to show? If so, do you have a minimum odds requirement or do you just try to find a horse that you think will show?
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 01:33 PM   #114
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
Light, not trying to be a wise guy. Do you only bet to show? If so, do you have a minimum odds requirement or do you just try to find a horse that you think will show?
Theoretically I have separate bankrolls for show betting and the rest. But in the end they are all co mingled after all for one ROI. My best ROI is from show betting. I watch the show pools a lot before betting and really want $2.80 to show as a minimum. If breakage gets me only $2.60 I'll take it. But if I'm looking at the show pool and I can see its going to be $2.60 or less, then I'll pass.

Because I am always watching the show pool, I get many opportunities to see when a false favorite has a lot to show on him or her. So I will take a risk that the favorite will be out and if I am wrong and the favorite comes in, and I only get $2.20 as a result that's OK too. Because many times that payoff is compensated for when the favorites with a lot of show money runs out.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #115
Light
Veteran

I'd like to add that sometimes I use win betting instead of show betting. I will bet 2 or 3 (max) horses in a race. If I can get 40% return minimum from the collective bet, I'll go in that direction in some cases. It's the same as getting $2.80 to show with potential for more.

Last edited by Light; 07-27-2016 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:33 PM   #116
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

"Wow, this is a class hike for you. You didn't call me a blowhard or a troll. Although I have nothing against blowhards or trolls".

LOL.....you aren't going to bait me into giving you the attention you desperately seek.

You are easily the most anti-social person on this forum.
Good luck with that.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:15 PM   #117
Winger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Finally, sanity. This is all I was asking for. I followed your picks and the first day's results. 17 picks $34 wagered and a .40c loss. I have 2 impressions of this.

First I don't like the 3-17 win rate. If that $17 horses did not win it would not have been good. Most handicappers cannot handle that low win rate mentally.

Second I was impressed with the place and show spots which made $13 and $9.40. That was in part due to the $17 winner so we'll see how it does in days 2 and 3.

But I have just wanted someone to put up picks like you have so I could get a feel of what this software is doing. This is similar to what NCG did back in March and April that did not come out well. So I wanted to see if the software can do better. I am aware 17 races are almost meaningless to evaluate software.
Light, I already posted a string of 100+ plays with a positive ROI using PaceView.
Winger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 04:51 PM   #118
Tor Ekman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger
Light, I already posted a string of 100+ plays with a positive ROI using PaceView.
Seems to me that Light is rather dim.
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 05:58 PM   #119
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger

And, did you find anything meaningful in your results in helping your handicapping?

I made some suggestions to another poster in his methodology and NCG seemed to get his panties up his crack which I haven't figured out his reasons for being upset since I wasn't criticizing his program.

I think Light has some legit questions / concerns and was trying to determine the best way he could use the program for his use.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 07-27-2016 at 05:59 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #120
thaskalos

I don't understand...

NorCalGreg thought of a handicapping concept...and he turned it into a piece of computer software which he seeks to sell at a very modest price. Independent tests of a brief nature have been conducted on this software...and the results have predictably proven to be inconclusive; one test showed a profit...while two others showed losses of 10% and 4% respectively. And NorCalGreg has repeatedly stated that his product is a "tool"...which may prove useful when added to the player's existing handicapping arsenal. No-where have I seen Greg claim that his method is a "stand-alone moneymaker at the track"...which is what system-selling shysters have been doing for decades.

So...what seems to be the problem here? Do we really expect NorCalGreg to prove to us conclusively that this system of his is a moneymaker at the track? I bet my bottom dollar that not ever NorCalGreg knows how good this product of his really is. If he really knew that he had a "moneymaker" on his hands...he'd be a fool to sell it even for $3,500.

SO WHAT if it turns out that his system loses 4%-10%? That means that his product still beats the track takeout by a huge margin...without any work done by the user. Is that a small achievement for a $35 price-tag?