Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #151
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Hitler finds out that Scott Walker won the Wisconsin recall election

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC_ult6-Tb4
It's a good one. "Only one place to go: Sacramento. Its the last bastion of imbeciles." LOL
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #152
so.cal.fan

Tom is correct!!!!!!

Marxism or "social justice" as the left likes to call it is INSANITY.
It's been tried and has failed all over the world, causing the death, murder or starvation of millions! In yet, the left persists in trying to make this insane system work????
so.cal.fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #153
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
That is all crap. There are thousands of schools outside of DC and hundreds of thousands of very successful teachers. Dedicated teachers who work long hours outside of school hours to educate their students. And they do it because they believe in what they are doing. Unlike most CEO's who are hired guns with no loyalty to anyone or anything.

Schools in Urban areas can be highly rated scholastically. Whitney Young in Chicago is one of the top rated schools in Illinois. Urban Prep, also in Chicago sends 100% of its graduates to college year after year.

There are other ways of defining success than how much money you make. In fact that is the worst way.
You know about the one school that has a 100% grad rate, but, you don't know that the overall grad rate is 60%? Then again, maybe you did know and are once again cherry picking stats to paint a false picture.

Which one is it?

http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/s...tion-rate.html

Rahm Emanuel celebrates a record graduation rate
By RAHM EMANUEL Daily Splash columnist June 10, 2012 9:20PM

It was commencement weekend in Chicago and this year we have a lot to celebrate. For the first time on record, Chicago Public Schools have achieved higher than a 60 percent graduation rate. A higher percentage of those graduates are enrolling in college next year than in any year since CPS started keeping records. I had the honor of speaking to the Class of 2012 at Morgan Park High School where 80 percent of seniors are graduating, as well as at Golder College Prep where 100 percent of seniors are graduating.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #154
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany
You know about the one school that has a 100% grad rate, but, you don't know that the overall grad rate is 60%? Then again, maybe you did know and are once again cherry picking stats to paint a false picture.

Which one is it?

http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/s...tion-rate.html

Rahm Emanuel celebrates a record graduation rate
By RAHM EMANUEL Daily Splash columnist June 10, 2012 9:20PM

It was commencement weekend in Chicago and this year we have a lot to celebrate. For the first time on record, Chicago Public Schools have achieved higher than a 60 percent graduation rate. A higher percentage of those graduates are enrolling in college next year than in any year since CPS started keeping records. I had the honor of speaking to the Class of 2012 at Morgan Park High School where 80 percent of seniors are graduating, as well as at Golder College Prep where 100 percent of seniors are graduating.

Once again you don't read to well. I said sends 100% of its graduates to college. Now, while 60% graduation rate is nothing to brag about, it is the best rate in Chicago Public School history, so progress is being made. Whatt would the graduation rate be at your wonderful private schools if they were required to take every student regardless of ability> What would it be if money to run the schools were constantly being taken away from them by people who were obsessed with seeing their destruction?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #155
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by so.cal.fan
Marxism or "social justice" as the left likes to call it is INSANITY.
It's been tried and has failed all over the world, causing the death, murder or starvation of millions! In yet, the left persists in trying to make this insane system work????
If social justice is not leaving people to starve than I am all for it. If social justice is educating all our children then I am all for it. If social justice is providing for the negotiation of fair wages then I am all for it. If social justice is providing our elderly (that would be me) with a comfortable retirement then I am all for it. If social justice means healthcare for all at reasonable prices then I am all for it. If achieving these goals means some CEO will have to take home $5M instead of $20M each year, I will shed no tears for him.

If you think all of this is Marxism you are pathetically malinformed.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #156
bigmack

Quote:
Tough to posture pedantically when you use words that don't exist.

I'd go ahead and roll with misinformed.

Don't go changin', Dunderhead.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #157
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Tough to posture pedantically when you use words that don't exist.

I'd go ahead and roll with misinformed.

Don't go changin', Dunderhead.
It didn't exist before I used it.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #158
badcompany

Quote:
Once again you don't read to well. I said sends 100% of its graduates to college. Now, while 60% graduation rate is nothing to brag about, it is the best rate in Chicago Public School history, so progress is being made. Whatt would the graduation rate be at your wonderful private schools if they were required to take every student regardless of ability> What would it be if money to run the schools were constantly being taken away from them by people who were obsessed with seeing their destruction?
You're correct that I'm not fluent in gibberish, which is what you continually spew.

Recalling my high school days, I believe 65% was the passing grade. So, 60% is an "F." However, in the world of big government poor results are rationalized and even commended.

Regarding the schools having to accept everyone regardless of ability, there seems to be a contradiction. On one hand, you believe everyone should have a high paying job; on the other, you don't think a large percentage of the population can even graduate high school. If the latter is the case, you should be thankful and not hateful of the likes of Walmart which provides employment to such people.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #159
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany
You're correct that I'm not fluent in gibberish, which is what you continually spew.

Recalling my high school days, I believe 65% was the passing grade. So, 60% is an "F." However, in the world of big government poor results are rationalized and even commended.

Regarding the schools having to accept everyone regardless of ability, there seems to be a contradiction. On one hand, you believe everyone should have a high paying job; on the other, you don't think a large percentage of the population can even graduate high school. If the latter is the case, you should be thankful and not hateful of the likes of Walmart which provides employment to such people.
sadly bad, not even this great post, showing a HUGE contradiction will show Mosty anything. Good post none the less!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #160
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

When some people "be all they can be" we are talking Walmart.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #161
HUSKER55

OR CANNON FODDER

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2012, 12:50 AM   #162
ElKabong

Quote:
If social justice is not leaving people to starve than I am all for it. If social justice is educating all our children then I am all for it. If social justice is providing for the negotiation of fair wages then I am all for it. If social justice is providing our elderly (that would be me) with a comfortable retirement then I am all for it. If social justice means healthcare for all at reasonable prices then I am all for it. If achieving these goals means some CEO will have to take home $5M instead of $20M each year, I will shed no tears for him.

he thinks a pay cut by CEO's will accomplish this!

Bazillions of $$ funded social programs since 1964, and we are where we are. Only a SAP would believe more "taxing" could cure all ills.

Practically everything you posted, is being done by families & friends, rich and poor. In the end, that's only way to have "prosperity for all". You cannot tax your way into it.

I know you don't agree. I can live with that. But what you're asking for has been a huge failure for almost 50 yrs & getting worse.

Last edited by ElKabong; 06-13-2012 at 12:52 AM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #163
boxcar

Quote:

What if we call your delusions Utopianism where everyone pays their "fair share" and everyone receives their "fair share"? Utopianism? Marxism? All the same fantasy.

Boxcar
Old 06-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #164
wisconsin

Quote:

I thought I clearly spelled out what Wal-Mart could do for it's employees using the $18 million example. Maybe you missed it. They would all get $9 per year.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #165
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
he thinks a pay cut by CEO's will accomplish this!

Bazillions of $$ funded social programs since 1964, and we are where we are. Only a SAP would believe more "taxing" could cure all ills.

Practically everything you posted, is being done by families & friends, rich and poor. In the end, that's only way to have "prosperity for all". You cannot tax your way into it.

I know you don't agree. I can live with that. But what you're asking for has been a huge failure for almost 50 yrs & getting worse.
Nothing could be further from the truth. Social Security has provided retirement benefits for tens of millions-no hundreds of millions of people- since its inception. And none of it is charity. Medicare allows people to live longer, more productive lives by helping them afford medicines and medical procedures. Something they were not able to do previously.

If there are problems with these programs, they do not lie in them not doing what they were intended to do. They have been quite successful at that. The problems lie in the funding of these programs. That is a problem that cannot be easily corrected, because it has been growing for decades.

Had we continued a reasonable tax policy after 1980, revenues would have been high enough to support Social Security and Medicare, to fund our schools, to pay our police and firefighters. Had unions stayed strong we would have paid our workers more, we would have collected more in taxes, and we would not be in the condition we are now in.

As to your statement that families, rich and poor should be doing all of this, rich families may be able to pay for major surgery or plan for retirement, poor families and even middle class families do not have the resources to do so.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: