Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-22-2021, 09:26 AM   #1
thetripleclowns

Mahoning Valley 03/22/2021

We bring you a very special episode with the King of the Mountain, Mountaineer's, Mark Patterson, joins us to break down today's card at Mahoning Valley.

thetripleclowns is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2021, 11:16 AM   #2
Boomer

All Right! Looking forward to my first viewing this year of Moaning thanks to the Clowns and Mark.

Though I am a prolific Mountain bettor, I have not messed with Mahoning.

I am curious as a MVR novice how I match up to Mark. Here are my selections prior to tuning in.

I will not be betting a red cent so I hope Mark's selection come in.

Race 1
It's All Cash...Cannot help but sit a perfect trip behind vulnerable speed horses
P5 ////

Race 2

Tico Thunder...Ohio Bred thay gets better with age. Takes on open company but should get a perfect stalking trip for Oliveras
As Should

Stay Home...who has showed surprising staing power going long

P3 //

Race 3
Emperita...Drops to basement off the layoff but the 4-13 workout makes her my top choice
Cupp of Class...showed vast improvement for new connections and get the Barbarian
Wicked Ways..4 year old doing okay and facing mostly youngsters

P6 /////

Race 4
Powerful Moon...Held his own vs tough Tampa shippers
Jennstone...good MVR debut vs repeat winner off layoff plys experience ve older

P3 ///

Race 5
Morstride...Tough if ready
Woke up last...deep closer will need a speed dual

p4 ///

Race 6
CC My Sis...back to distance of his dominating win
Its all about meandme...Third start off layoff and extra distance helps
Stylish Ash...loves Mohing and the distance

P3 //

Race 7
Both turning back and that should help

dd /

Race 8 Going with KY shippers
Southern Will...been facing decent ones and return to real surface should help
Hurry On Out..blinkers off, second LT start...Should improver for sharp connections

Good Luck to anyone playing
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2021, 08:16 PM   #3
Robert Fischer
clean money

Didn't get to play Mahoning today, but Mark is great with the class levels at these tracks, as well as spotting horses who may have slipped through the Morning Line and your own 'first-pass metabolism' yet are major factors in the pace or even contenders. Definitely on my list to re-watch in full.
Old 03-23-2021, 12:05 PM   #4
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Didn't get to play Mahoning today, but Mark is great with the class levels at these tracks, as well as spotting horses who may have slipped through the Morning Line and your own 'first-pass metabolism' yet are major factors in the pace or even contenders. Definitely on my list to re-watch in full.
Weird day characterized by bombs and the abatement of what had been a fairly potent track bias. As usual, though, enjoyed kicking it around with the clowns.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2021, 03:19 PM   #5
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
Weird day characterized by bombs and the abatement of what had been a fairly potent track bias. As usual, though, enjoyed kicking it around with the clowns.
i agree, the Clowns are fun and they are very nice people.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2021, 12:05 AM   #6
mountainman

And now TODAY the pro-speed bias I went on and on (and on) about when breaking down Monday's card reappears with a vengeance. And with the public slow to catch on, Mvr was GIVING away money today.

Even before the speed-grain became apparent, $12.60 on second-race winner Secret Princess was incredibly generous considering a game- changing pace scratch that virtually guaranteed her a loose lead. $15.00 ON Express Boy, the frontrunning winner of race -five, also seemed an overlay. And almost 7/2 on in-form speed-type Last Drop of Wine, who wired the sixth, found ME asleep on the job as (for reasons still unclear in my mind) I chose those 25 min to return a phone call.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:05 AM   #7
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
And now TODAY the pro-speed bias I went on and on (and on) about when breaking down Monday's card reappears with a vengeance. And with the public slow to catch on, Mvr was GIVING away money today.

Even before the speed-grain became apparent, $12.60 on second-race winner Secret Princess was incredibly generous considering a game- changing pace scratch that virtually guaranteed her a loose lead. $15.00 ON Express Boy, the frontrunning winner of race -five, also seemed an overlay. And almost 7/2 on in-form speed-type Last Drop of Wine, who wired the sixth, found ME asleep on the job as (for reasons still unclear in my mind) I chose those 25 min to return a phone call.
I boxed the 4-5 exacta, and was shocked at the payoff. A 5/1 and a 3/2 in a 6-horse field...and the payoff comes back at $57.60 for $2?
Old 03-24-2021, 07:56 PM   #8
mountainman

Nice hit, Gus. Do you still plan to visit , when you consider it safe?

Last edited by mountainman; 03-24-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: