Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-08-2019, 01:35 PM   #31
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You said celestial bodies move and if so Time moves

Non sequitur-itis. Big time!

What do celestial bodies have to do with time "flowing" ?

I did say
In your pipe dreams it's a non sequitur. See what happens to Time if the earth were to stand still!
Old 04-08-2019, 01:38 PM   #32
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
In your pipe dreams it's a non sequitur. See what happens to Time if the earth were to stand still!
What happens?
and how can we see this ?
Old 04-08-2019, 02:55 PM   #33
boxcar

Quote:
What happens?
and how can we see this ?
Are you this dense? What do you think would happen if the came to screeching halt?
Old 04-08-2019, 03:05 PM   #34
hcap

Quote:
Are you this dense? What do you think would happen if the came to screeching halt?
Speaking about dense. You tell us what happens to time if the earth stood still.

Not only avoid logic, but science and physics as well

And please answer this...Klaatu barada nikto

Here watch what happens the day......

Last edited by hcap; 04-08-2019 at 03:08 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 03:32 PM   #35
boxcar

Quote:
Speaking about dense. You tell us what happens to time if the earth stood still.

Not only avoid logic, but science and physics as well

And please answer this...Klaatu barada nikto

Here watch what happens the day......
https://youtu.be/K6iF5sINVns
Wow! The wanna-be resident science genius is stumped! Who would have ever thought?

I'll tell you what: Let's ask the "real science genius" on this forum: Earth calling Actor. Do you copy, Actor?

Mr. Actor, sir, what would happen if this little ol' earthy ball stopped spinning dead in its tracks? Would anything good come from that?
Old 04-08-2019, 04:13 PM   #36
hcap

Bunky you tell us what happens to time when the earth stands still, not all the physical problems.

We are aware of those things. We are not aware of what happens to time. Enlighten us Mr Expert
Old 04-08-2019, 04:23 PM   #37
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Mr. Actor, sir, what would happen if this little ol' earthy ball stopped spinning dead in its tracks?
You have already rejected the scientific view of time. So what's the point?

Quote:
Would anything good come from that?
Good and evil are not scientific concepts.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:24 PM   #38
boxcar

Quote:
Bunky you tell us what happens to time when the earth stands still, not all the physical problems.

We are aware of those things. We are not aware of what happens to time. Enlighten us Mr Expert
If you're aware of "all the physical problems", why don't you tell us what happens to Time? Is there a good outcome to the earth standing still!?
Old 04-08-2019, 04:32 PM   #39
hcap

Quote:
If you're aware of "all the physical problems", why don't you tell us what happens to Time? Is there a good outcome to the earth standing still!?
Do you have memory problems? Only a few posts back #31 you babbled....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bllixed-up-car
Tell us. No one but you thinks this means anything.

Last edited by hcap; 04-08-2019 at 04:34 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 04:54 PM   #40
boxcar

Quote:
Do you have memory problems? Only a few posts back #31 you babbled....
Tell us. No one but you thinks this means anything.
You're the one who doubts Time moves. You're so obstinate that if you owned a sundial, you would not believe your eyes as you watched the shadow move.

So, you're implying by above comments that planet earth would survive just fine -- that Time here on earth would continue as usual, correct? Nothing would happen to Time here on earth, right?
Old 04-08-2019, 05:09 PM   #41
hcap

Quote:
You're the one who doubts Time moves. You're so obstinate that if you owned a sundial, you would not believe your eyes as you watched the shadow move.

So, you're implying by above comments that planet earth would survive just fine -- that Time here on earth would continue as usual, correct? Nothing would happen to Time here on earth, right?
You have lost it. You forgot I asked to prove time "flows." not moves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Before we we go any further down your absurd rabbit hole bunky, first prove time "flows."

Are you standing on the shores of a "river" of time watching it flow past you?
You said
Quote:
Originally Posted by you
First of, Humpty, we're not talking about "chronological time". We're talking about the logical FLOW OF Time. The adjective "logical" is describing the noun flow, not time itself.
Let's drop time before you embarrass yourself further. If that is even possible.

Amazing in only 6 or 7 posts in a brand new thread, you go into your ass backwards song and dance about time. Again

Old 04-08-2019, 06:41 PM   #42
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
OMG!
Shades of Lousycapper, LousycapperII, and LousycpperIII
Except the odds of their being Religion IX or X are pretty good.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 07:03 PM   #43
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Only to sun worshipers.
Let me give you some good advice. Take your time, think it through, and then post something that is at least 2% worth of sense.

All we can be sure of is the moment at hand. But don't you at least wonder if the end of days by fire has something to do with the sun extinguishing?

Here's something really interesting.

Because of the finite speed of light*, when you gaze up into the night sky, you are looking into the past. The bright star Sirius is 8.6 light years away. That means the light hitting your eye tonight has been traveling for 8.6 years. Put another way: When you look at Sirius tonight, you see it as it was 8.6 years ago.

*I believe it was Einstein who said nothing is faster than the speed of light
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2019, 07:14 PM   #44
boxcar

Quote:
You have lost it. You forgot I asked to prove time "flows." not moves.

You said

Let's drop time before you embarrass yourself further. If that is even possible.

Amazing in only 6 or 7 posts in a brand new thread, you go into your ass backwards song and dance about time. Again

In my brilliant analogy of fishing in a flowing stream, do you think the stream flows because it's moving?

The very first two definitions in my W-W for the verb "flow" are these:

1 a (1) : to issue or MOVE in a stream (2) : CIRCULATE b : to MOVE with a continual change of place among the constituent particles *molasses flows slowly*

It's incredible just how slowly your mind moves -- kinda like molasses flowing up Mt Kilamanjaro in the dead of winter.

So...now that defeated you in your stupid and desperate game of semantics, let's get back to a spinless earth. How would that work out for this planet if it stopped spinning suddenly? Good? Poorly? Very Poorly? Extremely Bad? Or you just don't know?
Old 04-08-2019, 07:24 PM   #45
boxcar

[quote=HalvOnHorseracing;2450541]Let me give you some good advice. Take your time, think it through, and then post something that is at least 2% worth of sense.

All we can be sure of is the moment at hand. But don't you at least wonder if the end of days by fire has something to do with the sun extinguishing?

Here's something really interesting.

Because of the finite speed of light*, when you gaze up into the night sky, you are looking into the past. The bright star Sirius is 8.6 light years away. That means the light hitting your eye tonight has been traveling for 8.6 years. Put another way: When you look at Sirius tonight, you see it as it was 8.6 years ago.

No, it doesn't make me wonder. I know how it will end.

Now, permit me to return the favor of good advice: Quit posting predictions after you tell us that nobody knows "when" in one breath but then give us a number for "when" in the next. One could get the impression you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. We already have enough partcipants in this thread doing that without your company.

Quote:
Nobody knows when the end will come, but the sun goes to a red giant in five billion years. I'm thinking that might just be the time to start worrying about the end.
Quote:
*I believe it was Einstein who said nothing is faster than the speed of light
I believe The Creator is faster than anything He created.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: