Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-20-2021, 11:08 AM   #16
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Always remember the "SLAIN BY MOB" headlines
Old 04-20-2021, 12:36 PM   #17
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
There's video and pictures of Sicknick in the melee. Then he gets sprayed. He immediately retreats holding his eyes. Then he's seen doubled over and washing his eyes out.

All merely performance art according to PA

Also, the medical examiner did make this obvious point in his report:
You realize 99% of police officers are sprayed with mace/OC once a year to stay certified to use it. It also acts as a chance to observe the effect on those officers and determine whether they are sensitive to it.

No reports of any abnormal reaction have been reported with Sicknick
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2021, 01:05 PM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
There's video and pictures of Sicknick in the melee. Then he gets sprayed. He immediately retreats holding his eyes. Then he's seen doubled over and washing his eyes out.
Weird...I read that whole NYT expose recently...with screen shots of the video and everything, and I don't recall this. I must have missed it.

Still, it doesn't matter, if we are to believe the office of the medical examiner:

Quote:
Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick suffered a stroke and died of natural causes, the medical examiner’s office in Washington, D.C., said Monday, weighing in on a question that has lingered since the officer died a day after he was assaulted during the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

The office concluded that Mr. Sicknick’s manner of death was natural, adding in an explanation: “If death is hastened by an injury, the manner of death is not considered natural.”

Two men were arrested last month on charges of assaulting Mr. Sicknick with a chemical spray, but prosecutors and the medical examiner didn’t link the spray to the officer’s subsequent death.
The above from the WSJ:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/capitol...ys-11618864840

The fact that you're AOK with all the bullshit "reported" by the media throughout this whole thing tells me everything.

It was yet ANOTHER MANUFACTURED STORY designed to push AN AGENDA.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:32 PM   #19
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Can extreme fear and stress cause someone to have a stroke ?
Old 04-20-2021, 01:34 PM   #20
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Stress can certainly contribute to a stroke.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2021, 01:37 PM   #21
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
He was a cop.

Fear and stress come with the job...on a daily basis.

Maybe you should be more concerned with why the bulk of the mainstream media feels compelled to manufacture stories in order to help one political party gain dominance over another, with the ultimate goal of eliminating the competition by any means necessary.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-20-2021 at 01:38 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2021, 01:41 PM   #22
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
He was a cop.

Maybe you should be more concerned with why the bulk of the mainstream media feels compelled to manufacture stories in order to help one political party gain dominance over another, with the ultimate goal of eliminating the competition by any means necessary.
Is that a YES or a NO ?
Old 04-20-2021, 01:45 PM   #23
tucker6

Quote:
Is that a YES or a NO ?
Was he under abnormal fear and stress?

YES or NO?
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2021, 01:47 PM   #24
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Was he under abnormal fear and stress?

YES or NO?
Yes

He was facing an armed angry mob that had him outnumbered about 200-1
Yes or no?
Old 04-20-2021, 02:11 PM   #25
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
He was a cop.

I get the impression that more than a few of these Capitol cops are Barney’s and a bit long of tooth.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:13 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Yes

Yes or no?
Armed...lol
Old 04-20-2021, 02:25 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You get a couple hundred thousand people in a group...i bet some of them will indeed be armed.

Then you can call it an "armed insurrection"

Just like Sicknick was "SLAIN BY MOB"
Old 04-20-2021, 03:35 PM   #28
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Yes

Yes or no?
In your opinion he was under abnormal stress.
The mob was carrying nothing but canned soup, left over from the lunch rally.

Last edited by Tom; 04-20-2021 at 03:37 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2021, 03:45 PM   #29
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
I have friends from high school who became police officers. A few years ago one of them who lived next door to us while I was in grade school took a bullet in the neck. At first it was touch and go. But he pulled through and eventually made a full recovery.

I'm always a bit saddened when I hear about a police officer who's life has been cut short in the line of duty (no matter what the circumstances.)

Imo, they get my immediate respect because they show up every day to do a job very few of us could ever do.

And yes, chronic stress combined with a type A personality absolutely IS a risk factor for stroke.

All of that said --

I'm guessing Jan 06, 2021 was hardly the Capitol Police Dept's first rodeo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't BOTH the DC Metro Police and the Capitol Police tasked with crowd control for so called peaceful protestors multiple times over the past year?

George Floyd death: Washington DC hit by violent protests:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52874652

Quote:
Washington DC has seen some of the worst violence overnight, as protests continued in the US capital and cities around the country over the death of an unarmed black man at the hands of police in the state on Minnesota.

Night of destruction across D.C. after protesters clash with police outside White House:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...82b_story.html

Quote:
By Rebecca Tan, Marissa J. Lang, Antonio Olivo, Rachel Chason, and John Woodrow Cox

June 1, 2020 at 7:15 a.m. PDT

The third day of protests in the nation’s capital over George Floyd’s death began with bent knees, raised fists and pleas that this night, unlike the last, would remain peaceful. And in those first moments on Sunday, the more than 1,000 people who marched to Lafayette Square across from the White House listened.

Then came darkness, and with it, another night of mayhem. In the park, protesters faced the familiar pop, pop, pop of pepper bullets and stinging clouds of tear gas meant to push back hundreds of them as they tried, again and again, to break through the police barricades set up around President Trump’s home.

Later, American flags and parked cars and buildings were lit ablaze — including St. John’s Church, a historic landmark opened in 1816 and attended by every president since James Madison. Firefighters quickly extinguished the basement fire, which police said was intentionally set.

Much like Saturday night, the worst violence didn’t erupt until police pushed demonstrators out of Lafayette Square and into the city’s streets. Downtown, baseball bats bashed through windows at coffee shops, banks and one office building after another. Vandals and looters roamed throughout the city, scrawling graffiti and targeting dozens of businesses well after the mayor’s 11 p.m. curfew began.

Some hit a liquor store near Foggy Bottom, where young men, both white and black, snatched handles of alcohol and took swigs while others ran off with all they could carry. In Shaw, a Giant grocery store — with employees still inside — was broken into, as was a Sephora in Gallery Place. On H Street NE, looters ransacked a CVS. In Georgetown, the Nike store’s boarded-up doors were broken down and its merchandise plundered. In Friendship Heights and Tenleytown, five miles from the White House, other groups hit a Target and smashed open Rodman’s, a beloved drugstore, specialty grocer and housewares shop — all in one.

Near 15th and H streets, another group set fire to a sandwich shop while onlookers chanted, “no justice, no peace.” The smell of fire hung heavy in the air, and shattered glass speckled the pavement. Gone were the windows of the Lafayette Building, home to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Next door, all the outdoor umbrellas at the Opaline Bar and Brasserie were warped and charred. As police and firefighters showed up to investigate, the destruction continued around them, the looters uncaring.

“It’s terrible what they’re doing,” said a passerby on a bike. “There’s only one D.C. They’re wrecking it.” Then he began laughing.

In an interview on “The Today Show” Monday morning, D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser (D) said the city was “prepared for multiple days of demonstration.”

“We’re working with all of our intelligence to figure out who’s coming here,” she said. By 12:30 a.m. Sunday, D.C. police had arrested 18 people, about half of whom were from outside Washington.

“I’ve been in other parts of the city and I’m very angry that people would destroy their own city or people would come here and destroy our city,” Bowser said in a separate interview with Fox 5. “We’ve seen a significant number of storefronts damaged that have broken glass, have been vandalized, some properties have been looted, and we have more than anything a lot of graffiti.”

She contended that the city had done its best to “harden the area,” removing trash cans, newspaper bins and scooters. In the end, it was to little avail.

The confrontations Sunday followed a weekend of intense, often violent clashes between heavily armored law enforcement officers and outraged activists...

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 04-20-2021 at 03:52 PM.
Jeff P is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2021, 03:55 PM   #30
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Bottom line, Medical Examiner ruled it natural causes.

End of story.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: