Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-10-2021, 11:19 AM   #151
delayjf

Wow CJ, now that is love. Praying all will go well.
for you, your daughter and your family.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2021, 11:25 AM   #152
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Best Wishes to all of your family CJ, and I sincerely hope the transplant goes well. I did have a question though. Since it seems Lupus damaged her own kidneys, what are the long term expectations for your kidney inside of her? Said another way, can she expect that kidney to last a lifetime or 10 years? Maybe they have new medicine now that can prevent the sort of damage that was done to her own kidneys. In any case, I cannot imagine being 25 and on dialysis 3 times a week. You're doing a great thing and giving her hope for the future.
There are no guarantees of course, but it is possible to last 30 years or more. There is always the chance it could be rejected but that is pretty small. She'll have to take anti-rejection medicine for the rest of her life.

That is also why I want to donate before my other children. Someday she may need another one and certainly possible I won't be around then and even if so probably wouldn't be able to donate. This way, her siblings are still available.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2021, 11:50 AM   #153
classhandicapper

CJ,

I don't even know what to say. I'm at a loss for the correct words. Just know I am sincerely hoping and praying for the best possible outcome.

Wayne
Old 04-10-2021, 03:33 PM   #154
MargieRose

To commend the angel among us...CJ

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
~ Luciano de Crescenzo

MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2021, 03:45 PM   #155
Vinnie

CJ, you are one incredibly awesome man and your children are Truly Blessed to have such a phenomenal father. Nothing but the most excellent karma goes out to you and your family for only the Best things in life to come your way moving forward.

My wife and myself will initiate a prayer service at my favorite place the Shrine of Mary Queen of the Universe in Orlando on the behalf of your daughter, yourself and your family.

Most sincere and heartfelt blessings meant for you all.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2021, 03:45 PM   #156
46zilzal
velocitician

Kidney longevity really depends upon the initial immunological match. My wife received an "A" match and has had little trouble with her transplant over 4 years ago.

Keeping a regular lifestyle (food and exercise), proper diet,, taking meds the same time everyday and routine labs are her routine
Old 04-11-2021, 01:31 AM   #157
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
There are no guarantees of course, but it is possible to last 30 years or more. There is always the chance it could be rejected but that is pretty small. She'll have to take anti-rejection medicine for the rest of her life.

That is also why I want to donate before my other children. Someday she may need another one and certainly possible I won't be around then and even if so probably wouldn't be able to donate. This way, her siblings are still available.
Nothing I can say will ever sound right here, I think all of us are tested sometime in life and differently. Perhaps it is the worst way when a parent feels this kind of pain for what seems so unfair for his kid. I will suggest that this community of different horse players are pulling for you and your daughter.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 01:39 AM   #158
taxicab

Best of wishes for you,your daughter and your entire family CJ.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 09:43 AM   #159
cratman

View of Trees May Help

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...cal%20activity.

There is some evidence that a view of trees aids recovery.
Old 04-11-2021, 03:10 PM   #160
chrisl

My Prayers, Heart and Love goes out to you and everyone in your family.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 03:19 PM   #161
Greyfox

cj - May God be with your daughter, you, and your family through this very testing ordeal.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 04:32 PM   #162
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball View Post
I wanted to pass on this information -- I hate ear surgery about 8 years ago and afterwards found I had slight dizziness balance problems.. I asked about surgery and was told it was one of the surgeries they shy away from due to unsatisfactory success result and I might end up much worse.. As it was managable I just went on with life.. I lost my wife last July due to Lung Cancer. I also had colon cancer surgery successfully done. After my wife passed I was still having slight dizziness off and on.. I woke up in the mornings feeling like a fog was around me. I got back to taking care of myself by taking Elderberry felt a little better but not great. Then I heard about Quercetin so I ordered it form Amazon.. A guy called in to a show on the net -- His son was diagnosed with Covid 19 & the doctor sent him home. Well, the dad immediately sent his son Quercetin told him to take 3 capsules then 3 the next day.. the son was back to normal the next day...AMAZING. I started taking it about a month ago and I marvel everyday --I feel better than I have in years I take 1 capsule 800 mg
Quercetin with Bromalain. NOW brand from Amazon.. I don't intend to have the experimental jab they are pushing..Good Luck to all
This sounds like something worth trying. I've been taking tart cherry extract and swear by it. I take two before bed, one in the morning and one mid afternoon. It really works for joint pain, at least for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Cherry-Extrac...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 04:52 PM   #163
proximity

my prayers go out to you cj and your family.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 04:57 PM   #164
Secondbest

God bless you and your whole family. Praying everything turns out well
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2021, 06:59 PM   #165
Tee

Best thoughts and wishes sent. Thanks for the continued updates Craig.