Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-19-2016, 06:33 PM   #1
MonmouthParkJoe

Rillito A Go Go!

Vote was this morning, all supervisors voted unanimously for a two year extension. Meet is set to start Feb 13th. Thank you for everyone who supported this, hope to see some of you down there.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #2
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe
Vote was this morning, all supervisors voted unanimously for a two year extension. Meet is set to start Feb 13th. Thank you for everyone who supported this, hope to see some of you down there.
Awesome

Glad you're involved and have this passion MonmouthParkJoe!
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2016, 08:11 PM   #3
rrpic6

Good news! I had the pleasure of working with Mike Weiss at Beulah Park/Winticket.com helping out with one of his original ideas that still lives on today. Beulah opened the door for female inclusion in handicapping shows, as well as the "jackpot" bet, and the idea of pooling money from ADW patrons in attempt to hit big Pick 6 pots. Hope Mike keeps racing alive there.

RR
Old 01-19-2016, 09:50 PM   #4
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6
Good news! I had the pleasure of working with Mike Weiss at Beulah Park/Winticket.com helping out with one of his original ideas that still lives on today. Beulah opened the door for female inclusion in handicapping shows, as well as the "jackpot" bet, and the idea of pooling money from ADW patrons in attempt to hit big Pick 6 pots. Hope Mike keeps racing alive there.

RR
Mike speaks very fondly of his time at Beulah Park. Great guy to work with. I will be having lunch with him this Saturday, I am looking forward to the meet.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:40 PM   #5
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

This is a good start, but I though I heard somewhere that the Rillito Park Foundation wants an even longer lease so that that other investors can be attracted. Let's hope we are not back with the same crisis in 2017.

I never met Mike Weiss, but I spoke with him on the phone for a while a number of years ago when he was involved as a Consultant with former rebate ADW Dark Horse Bet. Glad he has been able to bring his expertise to the Foundation.

BTW any plans to get the Rillito signal out on the RTN (Race Track Network / Roberts Communications) and wagering availability on any ADWs?

I know that Rillito horses typically do not go to TuP, but rather compete on the AZ fair circuit. In some more good news, I hear that two more fairs (Safford and Douglas) are each going to run a weekend of racing in 2016. This should be a help to the horsemen who saw a once thriving AZ fair circuit almost completely die off when state funding was eliminated about 5 years ago. Still lots of fair racing dates still needed, but viva AZ fair horseracing!
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2016, 06:17 PM   #6
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector
This is a good start, but I though I heard somewhere that the Rillito Park Foundation wants an even longer lease so that that other investors can be attracted. Let's hope we are not back with the same crisis in 2017.

I never met Mike Weiss, but I spoke with him on the phone for a while a number of years ago when he was involved as a Consultant with former rebate ADW Dark Horse Bet. Glad he has been able to bring his expertise to the Foundation.

BTW any plans to get the Rillito signal out on the RTN (Race Track Network / Roberts Communications) and wagering availability on any ADWs?

I know that Rillito horses typically do not go to TuP, but rather compete on the AZ fair circuit. In some more good news, I hear that two more fairs (Safford and Douglas) are each going to run a weekend of racing in 2016. This should be a help to the horsemen who saw a once thriving AZ fair circuit almost completely die off when state funding was eliminated about 5 years ago. Still lots of fair racing dates still needed, but viva AZ fair horseracing!
Interesting situation with the signal export. Last year they exported it on Twinspires I believe. You were able to bet on it, but no video was available.

HOWEVER, I am working on something with Turf to use their truck to export the signal, but that will not take place until the "championship" meet in October.

The two year lease is better than nothing, and it will cause some investors to hold back. BUT this is somewhat of a good thing. It will force us to make improvements instead of resting on our laurels and show that we can operate profitably, so reviewing the previous two years in 2017 will be interesting.

I met with Mike this afternoon, and will be with him in Vegas this week for the NHC. I am working with the NTRA on their social media team. Should be fun. He is a great guy, always trying to help everyone.