Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-14-2016, 11:12 AM   #31
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Would just like to add my well wishes to Raybo and hoping he's on the road to recovery soon. It's never easy to read threads like these about someone who has been a member of the PaceAdvantage family for such a long time.

Thoughts and prayers.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2016, 01:48 PM   #32
Grits

Raybo, whatever it is...fight it with everything in you. Listen well, to your doctors. Don't let up for even one day, no matter how hard you're kicked. Get back up. You have family, friends, and far, far too many tickets left to cash. My prayers are with you. <3
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2016, 08:59 PM   #33
Dave Schwartz

I am late to this, but hope you're back up and around soon, Raybo.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2016, 09:29 PM   #34
reckless
Veteran

Get well Raybo. You're a horse player and horse players never stop fighting and slugging no matter the odds.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2016, 07:00 AM   #35
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Sorry for all the melodrama ya'll, but Samara and I deeply appreciate all the outpouring of support and encouragement here. I suppose that nobody on earth will ever be immune to the whims of fate and destiny as dished out by life on this planet. We all have been, or will be, in that number. Inevitable.

However, we don't have to succumb, without putting up one hell of a fight! We can refuse to go quietly, and, instead, choose the ending that makes the most sense of it all. And, that is exactly what I intend to do.

Without going into the depressing details too much, I was diagnosed as having glioblastoma, a malignant tumor on the right side of the occipital lobe of the brain. It has already destroyed the entire left side peripheral vision area from the central vision point onward to the periphery of sight. All images to the left of my nose simply don't exist anymore, the brain has no inputs to process. That's the part I can deal with immediately, and am actively pursuing.

The part that is tougher is the fact that the cancer is locally aggressive (Stage 4), although after emergency surgery to remove the tumor and immediately at risk brain tissue, MRIs and CT SCANS of the rest of my body and organs, the cancer appears to have been generated entirely in the brain, without having matastisized to any other areas. So, for the time being, I am cancer free, and otherwise completely healthy, in all aspects (mental and emotional aspects notwithstanding, of course).

We go back to the VA on Wednesday for the oncology/radiation staff's suggested post-op treatment regimen. At present it appears to be a combination of chemo and focused radiation for at least 6 weeks. That will undoubtedly be where the rubber meets the road. No long term prognosis has been offered by the surgical or oncology staffs yet.

We have the Man Upstairs in our ring, and we never quit anything that really means anything in the big scheme of life, so we're both up on our feet, with the dukes ready for battle!

Thanks again for all your support and best wishes!

Ray and Samara

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America

Last edited by raybo; 08-15-2016 at 07:02 AM.
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2016, 07:23 AM   #36
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Stay strong, Ray, and our prayers go with you.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:29 AM   #37
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Stay strong, Ray, and our prayers go with you.
No problem, we're ready for whatever comes! Thanks Tom!!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #38
mikesal57
Veteran

Ray...

Keep fighting!!!

We are all behind you......

Mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2016, 09:08 AM   #39
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Raybo,
Along with everyone else here, I'm sending you my most positive vibes and best wishes for a healthy recovery.
Stay positive and be strong !

Your friend,
PhantomOnTour (David)
Old 08-15-2016, 09:37 AM   #40
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
We have the Man Upstairs in our ring, and we never quit anything that really means anything in the big scheme of life, so we're both up on our feet, with the dukes ready for battle!
The most important factor of all IMO.

Prayers have been offered for your peace, comfort, and healing.

Thanks too for sharing to your community here in PaceAdvantage. As difficult as it can be, it allow US to do perhaps the only thing we can, and that is to offer up prayers of support.

Last edited by Track Collector; 08-15-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2016, 10:02 AM   #41
wisconsin

Raybo, just lost my mom to brain cancer last week. Be strong in your fight. My prayers are coming your way.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:37 AM   #42
CincyHorseplayer

Keep fighting Ray. Good to hear you are. Like I had mentioned earlier my mom has multiple myleoma and has had 2 stem cell transplants since 2008 and she is alive and well. Hope the prognosis for beating this is equally as good. You're family man, you can't go nowheres!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2016, 01:29 PM   #43
classhandicapper

I'll keep you in my prayers. We are all pulling for you.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:59 PM   #44
Cratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
No problem, we're ready for whatever comes! Thanks Tom!!
Raybo, from your post I learned that you are a veteran (which I am) and given your medical issue you must be thankful to have the VA as part of your health care benefit as I was when I learned that my hospitalization and doctors’ care was in the six figures.

Also, I am sorry to learn of the dreadful details of your illness; take care because every second of your life going forward will become invaluable.

"Science is correct; even if you don't believe it" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Cratos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2016, 03:04 PM   #45
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Wishing you nothing but the best Raybo. Thinking nothing but positive thoughts for you and your family.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: