Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 07-05-2016, 03:35 AM   #16
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

I wish Betfair could operate unfettered in this country for Australian, and U.K. races. They already have healthy markets for each in other countries; the only difference would be that U.S. residents could access those markets.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2016, 12:07 PM   #17
olddaddy

How can someone play a in race wager when there is broadcast delay? Arent the delays at least 10 seconds?
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2016, 01:23 PM   #18
fmolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek
Forgot to mention TVG was forced to show part of the Queens Plate in a double box Why? Because the 9th @ GP was going off @ the same time WTF?
And GP delayed the start of the 9th by at least 5 mins and started loading as soon as WO did
I'm sure it was planned
I love when they show the 4th from golden gate live(5 horse field)over a 100k overnight stakes from Belmont or Tampa....disgusting the way they cowtow to Cal. racing when their product stinks!(for the most part)......I have a feeling if it does catch on mainstream, that it will be harder to win! when the computer guys see enough value in it they will proceed computer algorithms to garner as mch of the value as is technologically possible...Just one mans opinion!Isn't that what happened in the pari-mutual pools?

Last edited by fmolf; 07-05-2016 at 01:27 PM.
fmolf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2016, 04:48 PM   #19
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmolf
I love when they show the 4th from golden gate live(5 horse field)over a 100k overnight stakes from Belmont or Tampa....disgusting the way they cowtow to Cal. racing when their product stinks!(for the most part?
...or maybe they get superior economics from Golden Gate to give their signal priority? just maybe?
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #20
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

The delay is way too big for me to consider in race betting from home.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2016, 06:47 PM   #21
olddaddy

Its seems as though someone at the track, betting in race on a mobile device, could have quite an advantage depending on the broadcast delay.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2016, 12:29 AM   #22
Zaf
Pace Cappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Agree I have watched races with friends from NJ to Nova Scotia over the phone. There have been delays on many occasions 10 seconds and more. I would love to have that edge if i was betting in race

Z
Old 07-06-2016, 08:17 AM   #23
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmolf
I love when they show the 4th from golden gate live(5 horse field)over a 100k overnight stakes from Belmont or Tampa....disgusting the way they cowtow to Cal. racing when their product stinks!(for the most part)......I have a feeling if it does catch on mainstream, that it will be harder to win! when the computer guys see enough value in it they will proceed computer algorithms to garner as mch of the value as is technologically possible...Just one mans opinion!Isn't that what happened in the pari-mutual pools?
So your argument is that we shouldn't have any additional betting options because they might someday not be as profitable?

And what does the rest of the junk in your post have to do with the topic at hand?
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2016, 08:20 AM   #24
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddaddy
Its seems as though someone at the track, betting in race on a mobile device, could have quite an advantage depending on the broadcast delay.
That's no doubt true, which is why there is virtually no money "laid" on any horses once the race starts. I have found plenty of value with exchange wagering just betting before the race, but if you're expecting to sit down and clean up betting horses that jump out to a three-length lead, there's not going to be anyone taking the other side for you to bet with. I have to admit, while I see the frustration with the delay, that part of it seems like a fantasy world because even without the delay no one is going to bet against you on these obvious winners and losers.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2016, 10:04 AM   #25
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
If someone is actually doing this while watching on a tvg feed they should give up the game and seek help
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #26
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
This is really the point, isn't it?

You are watching it somewhere. You perceive an early speed advantage. The only problem is that the advantage was first available 9 seconds ago (or whatever).

It is kind of like reading 1 week old stock charts and trying to capitalize on today's movement.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2016, 01:48 PM   #27
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Yeah, and 6 seconds aqo your horse fell down.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #28
Fox

Anybody putting a penny on inplay who is not at the event live is a fool.

The inplay for horseracing works better for the long turf races abroad.

Inplay for american dirt races will never ever get traction.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #29
Wonderlander
Apprentice

What is wrong with u guys? Betfair Seeds the markets. Anyone who thinks different is a fool. They have every feed live at the track. They are marketing in play. They should be seeding the markets. But they dont because there cry babies who lost some money doing it, and are scared little girls.
Wonderlander is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 09:27 PM   #30
Wonderlander
Apprentice

Not to mention they start closing races 200 yards from the wire or more. And dont tell me about the feed i know all about that. There pathetic. I havent seen piss poor liquidity like i have in a long time, even before the race. Not to mention off topic, they add tracks like Delta downs. Someone look at these races. They suspend the race way before post time. What bs is this.
Wonderlander is offline   Reply With Quote Reply