Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 05:37 PM   #8296
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
More of Luther......From his Vile book. How can any one in their right mind support this garbage? Let alone think their is any profound wisdom in it.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...heir-lies-quot

I had made up my mind to write no more either about the Jews or against them. But since I learned that these miserable and accursed people do not cease to lure to themselves even us, that is, the Christians, I have published this little book, so that I might be found among those who opposed such poisonous activities of the Jews who warned the Christians to be on their guard against them. I would not have believed that a Christian could be duped by the Jews into taking their exile and wretchedness upon himself. However, the devil is the god of the world, and wherever God's word is absent he has an easy task, not only with the weak but also with the strong. May God help us. Amen.

He did not call them Abraham's children, but a "brood of vipers" [Matt. 3:7]. Oh, that was too insulting for the noble blood and race of Israel, and they declared, "He has a demon' [Matt 11:18]. Our Lord also calls them a "brood of vipers"; furthermore in John 8 [:39,44] he states: "If you were Abraham's children ye would do what Abraham did.... You are of your father the devil. It was intolerable to them to hear that they were not Abraham's but the devil's children, nor can they bear to hear this today.

Therefore the blind Jews are truly stupid fools...

Now just behold these miserable, blind, and senseless people ... their blindness and arrogance are as solid as an iron mountain.

Learn from this, dear Christian, what you are doing if you permit the blind Jews to mislead you. Then the saying will truly apply, "When a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into the pit" [cf. Luke 6:39]. You cannot learn anything from them except how to misunderstand the divine commandments...

Therefore be on your guard against the Jews, knowing that wherever they have their synagogues, nothing is found but a den of devils in which sheer self*glory, conceit, lies, blasphemy, and defaming of God and men are practiced most maliciously and veheming his eyes on them.

Moreover, they are nothing but thieves and robbers who daily eat no morsel and wear no thread of clothing which they have not stolen and pilfered from us by means of their accursed usury. Thus they live from day to day, together with wife and child, by theft and robbery, as arch*thieves and robbers, in the most impenitent security.

However, they have not acquired a perfect mastery of the art of lying; they lie so clumsily and ineptly that anyone who is just a little observant can easily detect it. But for us Christians they stand as a terrifying example of God's wrath.
I wonder if Jesus was antisemitic? He did come down on his countrymen quite hard at times. Even said the kingdom would be taken away from them and given to another nation. He even put an end to the exclusive covenant Israel enjoyed with God, said it would it be be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah at the judgment than it would be for the Israelites who rejected him, predicted the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem and the Diaspora due to their rejection of him, and called his post-resurrection age the Times of the Gentiles! Whoa! What a slap in the face to the Jews!

All that stuff was harsh! Very harsh. So, whaddya think? You think Jesus was antisemitic? And what about all his Jewish disciples who followed him and preached the same gospel their Master did?
Old 09-12-2018, 12:01 AM   #8297
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollixed-up-car
All that stuff was harsh! Very harsh. So, whaddya think? You think Jesus was antisemitic? And what about all his Jewish disciples who followed him and preached the same gospel their Master did?
You only bring this other nonsense up to avoid your promise to specifically "allegoize" Luther's vile antisemitism.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:10 AM   #8298
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I wonder if Jesus was antisemitic? He did come down on his countrymen quite hard at times. Even said the kingdom would be taken away from them and given to another nation. He even put an end to the exclusive covenant Israel enjoyed with God, said it would it be be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah at the judgment than it would be for the Israelites who rejected him, predicted the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem and the Diaspora due to their rejection of him, and called his post-resurrection age the Times of the Gentiles! Whoa! What a slap in the face to the Jews!

Well there you have it folks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg download (21).jpg (10.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #8299
boxcar

Quote:
You only bring this other nonsense up to avoid your promise to specifically "allegoize" Luther's vile antisemitism.
I was as specific as you were with the two issues I raised. I used your one-size-fits-all Amalekite allegory. You should be elated and ecstatic and proud of yourself that I actually used one of your very own pearls of wisdom.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:24 AM   #8300
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Well there you have it folks.
I'm just getting warmed up, Hank. Let me give you more. Jesus even had some Gentile blood in him. Bet you didn't know that.

But you know what is really crazy? The ancient Jews kept very detailed records of lineages. And when Jesus claimed to be a descendant of King David -- the royal family line from whom the promised Messiah would come -- no one in the religious establishment questioned that claim!
Old 09-12-2018, 09:51 AM   #8301
hcap

Quote:
I was as specific as you were with the two issues I raised. I used your one-size-fits-all Amalekite allegory. You should be elated and ecstatic and proud of yourself that I actually used one of your very own pearls of wisdom.
You are lying. I already told you more than once, it is not a "one-size-fits-allI" explanation. I used that psycho-spiritual explanation specifically to explain 2 instances of infanticide in your distorted bible taken literally. You do not understand psycho-spiritual. Neither did Luther. Any thing other than your very limited Sola scriptura doctrine confounds you and Luther. My philosophy draws upon "know thyself" among other things.

You and Luther have no idea what that means.

Ok bunky, use my use my psycho-spiritual explanation to explain one of Luther's anti-Semitic claims allegorically.
Specifically, bunky! Not mouthing idiotically,"what you said"

Yo can't. Even though I spelled it out explicitly in terms of infanticide. You have no concept of what it means. How then could you use it to justify Luther's hate?

Last edited by hcap; 09-12-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #8302
boxcar

Quote:
You are lying. I already told you more than once, it is not a "one-size-fits-allI" explanation. I used that psycho-spiritual explanation specifically to explain 2 instances of infanticide in your distorted bible taken literally. You do not understand psycho-spiritual. Neither did Luther. Any thing other than your very limited Sola scriptura doctrine confounds you and Luther. My philosophy draws upon "know thyself" among other things.

You and Luther have no idea what that means.

Ok bunky, use my use my psycho-spiritual explanation to explain one of Luther's anti-Semitic claims allegorically.
Specifically, bunky! Not mouthing idiotically,"what you said"

Yo can't. Even though I spelled it out explicitly in terms of infanticide. You have no concept of what it means. How then could you use it to justify Luther's hate?

Yeah...but you did say that the Amalekite allegory did fit many (or most?) situations. So...I'm borrowing your brilliant allegory and applying it to your gross misunderstanding of Luther due to your uber literalism.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #8303
hcap

Quote:
Yeah...but you did say that the Amalekite allegory did fit many (or most?) situations. So...I'm borrowing your brilliant allegory and applying it to your gross misunderstanding of Luther due to your uber literalism.
No I did not! bunky. Only 2 instances of infanticide that you take literally, and quite stupidly.

Quote the post where I said "fit many (or most?)".

I dare you.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:43 PM   #8304
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
I'm just getting warmed up, Hank. Let me give you more. Jesus even had some Gentile blood in him. Bet you didn't know that.

But you know what is really crazy? The ancient Jews kept very detailed records of lineages. And when Jesus claimed to be a descendant of King David -- the royal family line from whom the promised Messiah would come -- no one in the religious establishment questioned that claim!
Do you believe in the Immaculate Conception?
Old 09-12-2018, 12:49 PM   #8305
boxcar

Quote:
We have been thru this many times before. Not interested in defending rationality with you attempting to allegarize Luther's hateful antisemitism.

You simply play word games without an honest intention to engage in debate. I have explained both killing Egyptian firdst born, and the Ameliorates slaughter probably a dozed times

Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass...1 Samuel 15.3

Your misinterpretation without metaphor leads us to a stupid horrendous genocide. All I have done in both instance, is try to reconcile an all loving god with this apparent heartlessness by shifting the scene to an internal story. Which is predicated on the concept of fragments within, and the struggle to unite those fragments. The "PSYCHO-SPIRITUAL
Tell me, Mr. Reconciler, how come you go to very great lengths to write your absurd, allegorical psycho-babble drivel to reconcile an "all loving god" with the story of the Amalekites and the Egyptians' first born, but you don't lift so much as a pinky finger trying to reconcile how it could be said that Judas hanged himself and Judas gutted himself? Why is that?
Old 09-12-2018, 01:04 PM   #8306
boxcar

Quote:
Really? I repeat. How can "burning synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes burned, and property and money confiscated" be understood metaphorically or as allegory?.

Can Hitler's ovens bunky?

???????????????????????????
See my 8219.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:06 PM   #8307
boxcar

Quote:
Here is a simple excerpt from Luther's "On the Jews and Their Lies"
Allegorize away

Whores? Filth?

Should be a cinch fore a biblical scholar such as yourself
See my 8219. Luther was merely describing his own internal conflicts by comparing those with the conflicts the Jews had with Jesus.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #8308
hcap

Quote:
Tell me, Mr. Reconciler, how come you go to very great lengths to write your absurd, allegorical psycho-babble drivel to reconcile an "all loving god" with the story of the Amalekites and the Egyptians' first born, but you don't lift so much as a pinky finger trying to reconcile how it could be said that Judas hanged himself and Judas gutted himself? Why is that?
Why don't you answer me? Last question was for you to quote where I said my "one size fits all " explanation says "it covers many if not most" allegories in the bible.

Why are you still posting after all your lies? How dare you show your face here? Either your Alzheimer's is getting worse or your craven deceptiveness is.

Let me guess.

ignore time is nigh
Old 09-12-2018, 01:59 PM   #8309
thaskalos

Quote:
Why don't you answer me? Last question was for you to quote where I said my "one size fits all " explanation says "it covers many if not most" allegories in the bible.

Why are you still posting after all your lies? How dare you show your face here? Either your Alzheimer's is getting worse or your craven deceptiveness is.

Let me guess.

ignore time is nigh
Hcap...are you being truthful with us when you say that these exchanges with Boxcar are a pleasurable experience for you? Because, I can't possibly see how that could BE.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:59 PM   #8310
boxcar

Quote:

Let me guess.

ignore time is nigh
If you didn't say it, you probably implied it. Anyhow, see my 8219 for succinct harmonization of Luther's allegory with Jews' conflicts with Jesus.

Now...how come you're so interested in harmonizing an "all-loving god" with the slaughter of the Amalekites, yet have zero interest in reconciling the two different accounts of what you say are describing how Judas died?