Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > 2012 PaceAdvantage Challenge Series, sponsored by RDSS > ASD Ultimate Parlay Challenge (May 16 - July 1, 2012)

Poll: I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE CONTEST RULES
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE CONTEST RULES

Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

ASD PARLAY RULES ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

CONTEST 5

5th ANNUAL

PARLAY CHALLENGE

Take the poll and acknowledge you have read
and understand the rules

READ THE RULES AT POST #2 HERE

Jim Schoenfeld

Last edited by Jay Trotter; 04-26-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

ORIGINAL POLL DELETED
AS IT WASN'T PUBLIC

PLEASE REPOST PUBLICLY

THANKS

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 04-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
mrhorseplayer

I understand the rules
Old 04-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
Stan717

I understand the rules
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

25. A minimum of 30 selections during the contest period are required to be considered an official entry.
25a. For the ASD Parlay Challenge a minimum of 20 selections during the contest period are required on ASD races to qualify for prizes. These 20 races can be part of the 30 selections listed in Rule #25.

* Players are allowed a maximum of three plays per day.

* Posts may not be Edited or Deleted.

Okay a few questions, please.

Explain to me better what exactly does 20 plays are required ASD Races, does this mean 20 parlays must be from the Canadian Track, or does a 1 race of a Parlay from ASD count as 1 ASD required play, or must all 3 races of the parlay be from ASD to count as 1 ASD Play?

A "play" is not a "parlay" -- a "parlay" is a combination of "plays"! A minimum of 20 plays (races) must be made at ASD during the contest. A "parlay" can be made up of a mix of plays from different tracks.

3 plays a day, is this 3 parlays a day or 3 plays = 1 parlay a day?

3 "plays" means 3 individual races per day and has nothing to do with the length of your parlay.

Is 30 a required number of Parlays to be legit? Or 30 races a minimum?

It's 30 plays (races) which could mean one long parlay or a bunch of little ones.

Can we go over 30 Parlays or 30 races ?

The contest is about 31 days, so if you made played 3 races per day you could potentially end up with 93 plays if you were to play the maximum every day.

Can we not edit changes or scratches ?

You can't edit beyond the basic editing period everyone has access to. You can quote your original post and restate your new intentions as long as that is done one full minute before the official off time.

Sorry but you know this trucker always needs a litttle explanation once in awhile, thanks

I would suggest you go through the sample contest I posted a link to to get a full understanding of how the game plays out. This is the 5th Annual, so the rules are fairly clear if you take the time to go through a previous contest.

patrick

Last edited by Jay Trotter; 04-27-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #6
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Hi Jay,

Just a quick clarification for me.

Let's say that a person posts the following all in a single posting:

Play 1 --> xxxxxx (LIR or Let it Ride)
Play 2 --> xxxxxx (LIR)
Play 3 --> xxxxxx

Let's also assume that play 1 was a winner, and play 2 was a loser.

Am I correct to say that since play 3 was contingent upon play 2 being a winner, play 3 would be scored as a "no-play", and the player's race count would only go up by 2 (and not 3)?

Or, would you automatically take play 3 and score it as the 1st play in a new parlay sequence?

Chris
Old 04-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #7
Track Collector

Hi Jay,

Another few questions:

-- I have re-read the rules a number of times and I do not think the following is clearly addressed. I think I know the answer, but I want it officially on the record (and in the Rules).

For a given race, is a person limited to ONE horse and ONE wagering type per race, or can a race selection involve multiple horses and wager types limited only to the total amount they have available? For example, as their very first contest race, could a player submit either of the following as valid contest wagers?

A parlay is based one a single entity bet in a single manner (Win, Place or Show). A parlay can't be split off into various directions.

Mountaineer Race 1 --> $3 to win #5 and $2 to win #7 (and the parlay would continue if either or both were winning tickets.).
This example has ONE wagering type and TWO different horses.

Can't be done -- one bet on one wager type!

or

Penn National Race 5 --> $2 to win 4 and $3 to place #1 (and again the parlay would continue if either or both were winning tickets.).
This example has TWO wagering types and TWO different horses.

-- Suppose a player submits the following in a single posting.

Play 1 --> xxxxxx
Play 2 --> xxxxxx
Play 3 --> xxxxxx

Not being familiar with this contest until now, it would be nice to know how the above, without any explicit instructions regarding play 1 and play 2, will be treated.

If Play 1 is a winning one, will the winnings be automatically BANKED (with Play 2 starting a new parlay series at $5), or will it be treated as a LET IT RIDE, with the appropriate amount serving a the wagering unit for Play 2?

Obviously the player could end any confusion by specifying BANK or LIT (Let It Ride) after Plays 1 and 2. For Play 3, a participant could choose to decide on their next play the next day they play.

No parlay can be "Banked" until a player strings together 3 individual plays. At that point and beyond the player has the option to declare "Bank It" to lock in his profits or "Let It Ride" to continue to let his winnings build. A player can sit on his successful Parlay and decide the next day or whenever his next play is made whether he wants to "Let It Ride" or "Bank It".

You may think I am nit-picking, but we have some very creative players out there, not to mention a number of new players who have not participated in this contest before.

Again, I would emphasise that this is the 5th Annual and the rules have been ironed out fairly well (not to say they can't be improved) but I would suggest that all new players take the time to go through a previous contest and all will become very clear.

Chris

Last edited by Jay Trotter; 04-27-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector
Hi Jay,

Just a quick clarification for me.

Let's say that a person posts the following all in a single posting:

Play 1 --> xxxxxx (LIR or Let it Ride)
Play 2 --> xxxxxx (LIR)
Play 3 --> xxxxxx

Let's also assume that play 1 was a winner, and play 2 was a loser.

Am I correct to say that since play 3 was contingent upon play 2 being a winner, play 3 would be scored as a "no-play", and the player's race count would only go up by 2 (and not 3)?

Or, would you automatically take play 3 and score it as the 1st play in a new parlay sequence?

Chris
Each "play" (race) is a separate entity. If your parlay sequence is broken on any particular race, you simply must start again. If your play 2 was a loser you would go back to the Bank for a new $5.00 and your attempt to build a parlay would begin again with the 3rd play. The $5.00 is deducted from your fictional Bankroll which can go into the negatives.

Again, a simple read through of a previous contest would make all this clear.

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #9
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Explain to me better what exactly does 20 plays are required ASD Races, does this mean 20 parlays must be from the Canadian Track, or does a 1 race of a Parlay from ASD count as 1 ASD required play, or must all 3 races of the parlay be from ASD to count as 1 ASD Play?

A "play" is not a "parlay" -- a "parlay" is a combination of "plays"! A minimum of 20 plays (races) must be made at ASD during the contest. A "parlay" can be made up of a mix of plays from different tracks.

Thanks so far Jay

Last question, still confused, 20 plays must be made at ASD, is ASD an ADW we must use to make real bets, ( I think not ) but must ask, or just use 20 races from the track when it is running live ?

thanks
Patrick
Old 04-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #10
Track Collector

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your responses to my previous questions. Those situations are now clear to me.

BTW, at least in my case, I DID look thru some of the previous contest postings and the issues were still unclear to ME, thus my questions.

Looks like a neat contest that I will enjoy participating in.

I particularly like your added requirement to have at least 20 races over the contest come from races at Assiniboia Downs (AsD). This is an excellent way to increase their visibility, and hopefully others (like I already plan to do) will place some real bets there in addition to their fictitious contest wagers. ).

Chris
Old 04-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver

Thanks so far Jay

Last question, still confused, 20 plays must be made at ASD, is ASD an ADW we must use to make real bets, ( I think not ) but must ask, or just use 20 races from the track when it is running live ?

thanks
Patrick
Patrick, ASD is the acronym for Assiniboia Downs in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. My home track. ASD has been sponsoring these contests for 5 years now.

Currently, they are also sponsoring a nice trophy to the winner of each of our P.A.C.S. contests on top of their $500 sponsorship and additional merchandise prizes for the ASD Parlay Challenge.

I thought I read where you were presently located in Grand Forks, ND -- that is only 2 hours directly south of Winnipeg, so you really should try and get up for a visit.

Bottom line, you must make a minimum of 20 plays at ASD over the course of the contest to be eligible for Prizes. The whole point of sponsorship is to provide exposure to the sponsors product. ASD has a live racing video link so the races will be viewable by all who participate.

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 04-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #12
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Thank you

http://www.assiniboiadowns.com/

What a website, lots of stuff and looks like tons of fun too.

Patrick
Old 04-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #13
Beachbabe

I've read the rules & I understand them.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #14
098poi

I was confused but I understand the rules now. It looks like I don't have to keep track of money's won for the next race. I just have to know if I won or lost and you guys do the scoring correct?

Also a suggestion for next year as far as the rules. I think if you got the concept of what we are trying to accomplish out earlier in the list of rules it would be easier to understand for someone who has never seen this before. As it stands now it isn't until #18 that you get to the point of the contest so everything before seems a little confusing. Well to me anyway. Just a suggestion that's all. This is far more than I am able to put together so my hats off to all involved.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:01 AM   #15
toetoe
Veteran

Understood ... no, really !!!