Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-06-2023, 09:28 PM   #1
bobbyt62

parx mandatory

payout in pick 5 ----- are there 2 of these or 1 ? equibase shows two , one for 240k, another for 213 K
bobbyt62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2023, 10:16 PM   #2
Poindexter

according to the Parx twitter feed there is no early big 5 and a $240,000 mandatory payout on the late pick 5 starting in race 7.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2023, 10:27 PM   #3
bobbyt62

thanks . i did go to the parx web site , but of course their web sites' last news posted was october 28 , to announce the jessica paquette as the new caller. i dont have twitter . i still cant figure out how equibase has 2 different carrovers ( it s on the " landing page , in the area listing all carryovers ) .
bobbyt62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2023, 11:34 PM   #4
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt62 View Post
thanks . i did go to the parx web site , but of course their web sites' last news posted was october 28 , to announce the jessica paquette as the new caller. i dont have twitter . i still cant figure out how equibase has 2 different carrovers ( it s on the " landing page , in the area listing all carryovers ) .
It looks to me like they have two pick 5's a day and that they just carryover the jackpot from pick 5 to pick 5. So there 213,000 after the first pick 5 today and then that carried over to the late pick 5 leaving the 240k pick 5 carryover for tomorrow. I assume equibase just uses a computer program that read the carryover on todays 1st pick 5 as one entity and the carryover on the late pick 5 as a second entity even though they are just one entity. Assuming I am correct they obviously kill the first pick 5 on mandatory payout day so they can promote (not that racing knows how to promote anything) a mandatory payout (obviously they cannot promote a mandatory payout if someone has a chance of bringing down the entire pool on the first pick 5 so they just eliminate it).
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2023, 08:23 AM   #5
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt62 View Post
Though you don't have Twitter, and it SHOULD just be easy to find on the Parx website, Parx does show their recent tweets in the lower right corner of the website - where they had one for the carryover. All on the late, no early pick 5

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 7.18.01 AM.jpg (158.1 KB, 7 views)
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2023, 12:27 PM   #6
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Parx many times does not post their pick 5 willpays on ADW's. Shady shit. I'll pass.
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply